Public Enemies ding 200m rps

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
saitoh said:
OF group was purely a caster based setup , NF nerfed caster grps more than u can imagine and tbh THIS IS the best grp alb/pryd can offer ATM
Exactly how did casters get nerfed? The only thing I can think of atm would be moc, but that needed a nerf with toa cast speed/damage.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Introduction of Charge, loss of Mastery of the Art? But in all seriousness, I think it's less of a nerf than an effect of the evolution of the game; people tend to change their opinions of things as new groups are tested and group setups are improved over time. I still remember my first tank-only (one Sorcerer) group way back in the OF days when mixed or caster groups were the rule; felt really odd but worked extremely well, when nothing really had changed; it was more of a change of mind than a change in the game.

Similar things happened in the beginning of TOA (at least on Excalibur); with +25% cast speed, MotArt and +50 dexcap, casters were clearly outperforming tanks, and as a consequence even light tanks were made BMs and went around as BG and grapple bots. Thus, tanks were phased out given these conditions. If groups regularly started featuring two or more battlemasters again, the wheel of balance might turn back?

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
saitoh said:
oops yea .. fadeh is teh fake aswell ;x
maybe it wasnt trashtalking , but it deffo was a rude reply on a "gratz" thread
Inapropriate maybe, but hardly rude. At least he gave his opinion with some reason, unlike the most 'fo, zerging noob' replies on gratz threads.

Joline

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
I just wanted to explain to the guy complaining about you killing solo'ers that the group running now is only very few of the people that contributed a lot to the 200million rps accumulated by PE... So that he wouldn't judge PE as a guild based on what the grp running atm does or don't, and say PE isn't filled with fair people and so on, like he did.

Wasn't actually ment as a whine or trashtalk or anything, was infact defending you (or well not the grp running now but old PE)...

Wether you like it or not, we are PE. Get used to it and accept it. If the people you call 'old PE' needed defending I'm sure they'd be replying here.

And those who say we are easier. Feel free. I'll be the first to admit that we have lots to improve due changing from old merc setup into something that fits NF better.

Notice that this isnt OF, we aren't the only ones changing to NF-mode, we just started really late.

Changing setups (and talking about changing classes and not players) always takes time, but well... how many grps are able to beat Mael clean? Yes, we lose more to them than win, but yesterday showed that is only matter of time that it evens out more. We are still adjusting to setup.

Ofc we are easier than the old setup atm, but saying we are easier by a lot is just silly. And how long will we be easier.. well.. you'll see ;) Only guild in pryd I expect to be a hard fight to win in the future is Mael.

Box4m

Fledgling Freddie
grats guys, one of the few guilds i have respect for. They understand the concept of moral.

gw :cheers:

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Wheter you like it or not, you'll never be PE to me Joline, you'll just be some random (randoms not as in bad players but as in I got no idea who is abusing what) fakes abusing the real PE's characters.

And you are a lot easier (in a totally different league), like it or not.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Old tank group of PE was scary as fuck :( Running through Breifine and seeing Faders deathspam in Emain always made me check my /release button was still on QB 10 :p So gratz guys, nice achievement!

Joline

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
Wheter you like it or not, you'll never be PE to me Joline, you'll just be some random fakes abusing the real PE's characters.

And you are a lot easier (in a totally different league), like it or not.

I'll be expecting you do change your opinion on that before cluster, but that's for us to show you.

And wether you like it or not we still are PE. People mention Onigiri as old PE. He wasn't 'old' either. Was he PE? Was I PE? Was saitoh PE? Where do you draw the line? You draw the line to presenting NF when some people gave up on DaoC?

We are the ones who sticked to it when others quit. Maybe that's when we lost the title of being PE in your eyes then. If people quit and still some stay and play despite friends leaving, the guild is not the same guild anymore? No we are not the same people. Those people abandoned DaoC. Those who stayed are still PE no matter how you twist it. And how many from original Mael still play, how many original Eclipse? Just a question.

Only thing I wonder is that would you consider us more of PE if we had PLed chars for the ppl who play now instead of them getting account from their friends to continue PE going on..

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
PE was the group of Fader and his tank mates, PE was the group of OnigirL (xD) and his mage mates. You're new PE.
Faders PE and OnigirLs PE were really good. You're not (yet) Capiche?

Joline

Fledgling Freddie
Well saitoh and I played with Onigiri for one so... Might want to reconsider that

And FYI I don't consider being 'original' PE either but nothing but the old tankgrp really is.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
And now Edlina has taken a step into the realm of the surreal; your comments are extremely petty, of course they are still PE. :rolleyes: In contrast, Joline makes good and solid points.

Good luck and well done, both new and old PE. :)

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
I disagree Belomar, to me people make the guild not the guild that makes the people.

Maybe Joline etc are like PE second grp, but they're not *real* PE to me. Just like maels second and third grps aren't *real* mael to me.

As for being petty I totally disagree, I have no idea what you have against me saying my (and I suspect many others) opinion that the grp running now isn't the real PE grp (they might have the guildtag but they're not the right players)

As for malev I said he was in the post toa pe grp, as was saitoh sometimes, and sometimes you too joline... All of which I have said in my posts....

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Your statements are petty in that you deliberately choose derisive terms (like "fakes", "abusing chars", "randoms" or better yet "random Greeks") when describing the new members, as if you actually want to get a rise out of those people instead of, as you claim, simply voicing your opinion.

I'm not sure you have the right to become upset about PE's new people as if they are then somehow not honoring your old memories of PE, that's up to the members, past and present, of the guild itself.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
They are all those things though, so that argument doesn't really hold, besides I have no idea of their names, except I know that Stupeh plays Oni, so how else would name them?
Say the people now playing the real PE's chars?... wth is the difference, they are abusing their chars instead of playing their own, as for random greeks I heard them called that on irc once and it stuck :p

And like I said the members make the guild NOT the other way around.

shorti

Fledgling Freddie
ok then i was in PE with my arms long before loch of the "old PE" as u call em was .. thus i am a player of PE thus it gives me right to be in the guild that u call "old PE" thus qq and tbh .. u cant rly talk about abuse ... since u are abusing Jarakin's bard ...

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Edlina said:
I disagree Belomar, to me people make the guild not the guild that makes the people.

Maybe Joline etc are like PE second grp, but they're not *real* PE to me. Just like maels second and third grps aren't *real* mael to me.

As for being petty I totally disagree, I have no idea what you have against me saying my (and I suspect many others) opinion that the grp running now isn't the real PE grp (they might have the guildtag but they're not the right players)

As for malev I said he was in the post toa pe grp, as was saitoh sometimes, and sometimes you too joline... All of which I have said in my posts....

ive been in PE for over a year now . made more than 6.5m rps under that guild name and fyi ive been in PE b4 onigiri .
me and septina were playing 50%/50% in ggs . so the statement that i played
"sometimes" in groups is not true ... not by a longshot

for the record . pbuck doesnt have a problem with Phreakz playing his acc cause he knows that he wont screw up his "reputation"
Shorti got tattersail account like 1.5 year ago . since real tatter stopped when TOA was out , he mld it to 10 , made 2-3 cleric templates . xpd all artis to lvl10 and he is playing rvr with me ever since.. i wouldnt call taht abuse either .

and finally i wont change the Guild Name just cause u have a problem with it .
and MAYBE u should stop posting stuff in this thread anymore .. unless u have to say something new and interesting cause we ve already heard ur opinion about us and how much we suck

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not rly sure how you can compare a full on tank group during dark age of tankalot pre toa and with of ra's to a post NF post ToA setup and accuratly describe whats harder now Oo

Bring back the tank group, with all players inclusive, ml10 them, toa them and see how they do. I bet they won't win 100% of the fights they used to as everything about this game has changed. Due to this some people move on, others step into their places. Theres very very few guilds (if any?) that run with the same 8 players they had pre toa which is well over 18 months ago, let alone the same 8 characters using the exact same setup.

People who don't adapt die, people who don't like this move on. It's a fact and it's happened and rly, just live with it. The current PE grp is doing the best we can atm, sure we need to improve but lets face it. Its no longer the simple case that rr > all, it helps but its no longer a 100% deciding factor which in OF it was.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
shorti said:
ok then i was in PE with my arms long before loch of the "old PE" as u call em was .. thus i am a player of PE thus it gives me right to be in the guild that u call "old PE" thus qq and tbh .. u cant rly talk about abuse ... since u are abusing Jarakin's bard ...

I know, I always call it that, ever since I started playing Jara's bard I've always said I was abusing his acc, that's just the name I give it, it's not ment in the offensive way.

And yea you were in PE a long time ago, but you rarely played in their gg etc.

Saitoh please read more into what I say, thank you.
Oh, and after that please take a chill pill.
And I could care less about the guild name, I don't care about guilds, I care about players.

Yea BC, but that's kinda also my point, I never said anything about you not becomming as good as the old grps or anything, just that you weren't now, and you all know it so I don't know where all the whine and flaming come from :(

Brite

Banned
old PE new PE magical happy elf land PE whatever, still a good guild, and one of the very few to put up a decent fight on prydwen at the moment, even in random groups could roll most hib groups, but PE always a challenge, and becoming more of a challenge, so what if they have people to fill in where others have left, its nothing to do with you, they still carry the guild name, im sure if PE players of old didnt want PE to carry on they wouldnt have let it, but obviously they prefer to let the guild carry on which is much better than the guild dieing

oldham athletic have about 7 of the players we had last season, new manager, lots of change, about 2 of our players from only last season make the first team, but its still oldham athletic, still the team i love and what i have followed all my life, still the same old shit

more similar than you might think

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:

Erm, saitoh was in PE before me, and 85% or more of any rvr groups I was in were with saitoh :eek:

saitoh

Loyal Freddie
Edlina said:
I know, I always call it that, ever since I started playing Jara's bard I've always said I was abusing his acc, that's just the name I give it, it's not ment in the offensive way.

Oh, and after that please take a chill pill.
And I could care less about the guild name, I don't care about guilds, I care about players.

Yea BC, but that's kinda also my point, I never said anything about you not becomming as good as the old grps or anything, just that you weren't now, and you all know it so I don't know where all the whine and flaming come from :(

yes i dinged rr10 b4 septina . cause i was playing rarely in gg's

i see ur good at math

anyway not gonna reply again in this thread .. already said what i wanted to say . cu in rvr

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
willowywicca said:
Erm, saitoh was in PE before me, and 85% or more of any rvr groups I was in were with saitoh :eek:

Please quote me where I said he wasn't...

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Edlina said:
or OF post toa (2x clerics of tatter/marra/loch/joline (anyone missed?) Soulfly derric/carp pbuck/sami Septina malev dreami) just face it :(

Here's where you said it.. you said septina, when it wasn't septina it was saitoh

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
It was definently Septina sometimes, but it was also Saitoh sometimes, like I said earlier, but I didn't say that Saitoh wasn't in PE before you in that quote... Which is what I was referring to, where did I say that?

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
saitoh said:
yes i dinged rr10 b4 septina . cause i was playing rarely in gg's

See the quote in that post? That sentence was to Shorti...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom