Ps3

soze

I am a FH squatter
I really want to have the new MGS but i dont see them delaying the game as a blow to Sony. Its a shame but Sony deffinately do not lose points as they are not making the game

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
If it comes down to around the £300 mark then I'll buy one but if they just knock off say £50 I'll still be waiting till next year :)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
£50 is probably the biggest drop you could expect.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Now that it's only £250 in the US it just makes me more reluctant to buy one unless we get a substantial price drop - bloody rip off britian.

Aada

Part of the furniture
If you buy a PS3 at tesco you get Harrypotter the game with it.

Bargin eh?

Still gotta spend almost half a grand ^^

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
you should play mgs3, start off well, then theres the ridiculous ladder climbing bit that take years, and the end is top notch

OT: I just finished this game and it is fantastic. The ladder bit was quite surreal, halfway up and some woman starts singing. I remember thinking 'When i get to the top of this ladder i'm going to shoot this bitch in the face' Only to find no woman....

also what's with the title/end boss music lyrics? Am i right in what i heard was "sometimes....you have to eat, a tree frog!" (in a shirley bassey/bond-esque stylee)

Back on topic, there were a couple of things that might sell the ps3 to me already mentioned: Little Big Planet, Mgs4 and Ninja Gaiden.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yahoo said:
You might think that a price drop is just what the PS3 needs in the UK at the moment. Indeed, you may well have saluted Sony America’s decision to lop a hundred bucks off the rrp – very generous considering that the console is already cheaper over there. However Sony UK obviously has other, better ideas…

To which end they have just announced a ‘high value Starter Pack’ for the price of the standalone model. So, from July 18th onwards your 425 hard-earned squids’ll get you a bundle comprising a PS3, not one but two – two, dammit! – Sixaxis joypads and a couple of first party games. The latter selection includes such stone-cold classics *cough* as MotorStorm, Resistance: Fall of Man and, erm, well those are the only ones worth having at the mo’.

“The exceptional value of the new Starter Pack will bring the excitement of PlayStation gaming to a much wider audience. Add to this a stellar lineup of software titles for the second half of the year and we are confident that this amazing value Starter Pack will encourage many more keen gamers to join the PlayStation 3 community,” says Sony Europe’s David Reeves, fingers crossed firmly behind his back.

Okay, so adding a hundred quid’s worth of value is not a bad offer in itself, right? Then again it does nothing to make the PS3 any more affordable – £425 is still £425 which ever way you want to dress it up. Guess we’ll see how this move plays out for Sony, but we’d take £100 off the asking price (that we can spend on software of our own choosing) in preference to an added value bundle any day of the week. Anyone else hear the distant noise of nails being banged into coffin lids?

Not good yanks even cheaper Sony UK offera game deal play have offered since release

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Exclusive only for 2007 and is released Nov - hmmm I wonder when 360 version will come out - January maybe? :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Exclusive only for 2007 and is released Nov - hmmm I wonder when 360 version will come out - January maybe? :)

aye, it will. It's like when PES6 was exclusive for xbox360 :) still, a very good deal by sony.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
sony arnt that bithy about usb mice and keyboards, all the socom games worked with a keyboard and mouse so i guess ut will be as well:)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
They weren't wrong though. I challenge anyone to watch the e3 2k7 trailer of Halo 3 and honestly say that it looks significantly better than Halo 2.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH

geez, I've somehow missed it :)

They weren't wrong though. I challenge anyone to watch the e3 2k7 trailer of Halo 3 and honestly say that it looks significantly better than Halo 2.

those reviewers who has tried the game, says that it would have been better if microsoft showed the first level instead.

Meh, enough halo talk in here :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I honestly only went in town for a nose around ;)

img_1125.JPG

Now I'm just waiting for Eye of Judgement ;)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
jesus mno heat issue with all that stacking?

also anyone know if there is a site that telss you what is what on japan psn. everythings displayed diffrently to euro/usa psn

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Can i borrow that lethal weapon 3 tape please?

Yaka

Part of the furniture
add em to your list whipped

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thing is even without that chip the PS3 is still more backwards compatible than the 360, so what the fuck are you moaning about?

And what have you based that on then? Seriously, I would love to know. Oh wait you can't tell us because Sony won't release any information until the 23rd of March.

Nuff said.

I'm basing it on the fact that you won't have to put your hands in your pockets to make it work, like you do if you want any of the 360's "advanced" features.

<cough> Buy a PS2 now? :p

Buy a PS3, we move goalposts all the time! :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
<cough> Buy a PS2 now? :p

Buy a PS3, we move goalposts all the time! :D

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Anyway BC still works fine on my unit, and my nephew's slim. We had a corking game of Gran Tursimo lat night on it. As does free online play.

So what's your point, lamer?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
My PS3 goes one better and plays old PS games as well (60GB original version). It's part of the reason I picked the specific version I did.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Wait.. current PS3s/slims are BC now? So if I were to get one + shadow of the colossus I could play it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think its PS1 only, I cba to plug mine in and find out though.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
All PS3s play PS1 games, only the older 60gbs play ps2 games though afaik.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
New update for ps3 3.40, adds ability to edit locally stored videos and upload to youtube etc.

Also adds ability to upload photos to flickr, facebook etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom