PS3 crackeeeeeeeeeeed. Hardcore style.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Probably happened before M$ pissed Gabe off with their refusal to allow Valve to release the Team Fortress/Portal DLC for free, so now they're being dicks to Microsoft in return.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
when the dlc thing happened they were still sniping the ps3. nice turn around tho and wonder if portal 2 will have move support. love the face you get the pc ver free

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Aye that's a nice touch, tempting me to spend the extra pennies on the console version, wonder how long that'll be for or if it's just going to be to initial batches.

Although I'd wonder about the benefit of having the same game across multiple platforms :p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Is nobody else thinking "Buy PS3 version, use code on PC, sell PS3 version" ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah to what advantage is there buying the PC version only now?

Sorry to de-rail a bit btw.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

That is ok, discussion is always good. :)

You make a good point and I think it is going to impact sales, the worrying thing this is that if the PC version doesn't end up selling well will we see Valve use that as an excuse start focusing more on consoles?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I doubt Valve will do that they've got a bloody good thing going in terms of PC games.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Cost. The ps3 version will likely be £20 -£30, the pc only version will be aroudna tenner I'd imagine.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Cost. The ps3 version will likely be £20 -£30, the pc only version will be aroudna tenner I'd imagine.

What makes you think it'll be so cheap? I expect this'll be a full priced game unlike the original.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd be inclined to agree. Portal 2 is the next flagship. I recon £20 pre-order, £29.99 to make people feel like £20 was a good deal, then cheap as chips sometime thereafter along the lines of Left 4 Dead 2.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
A friend has the latest custom firmware installed and running, is in the process of backing up all his games onto an external hard-drive tonight. Why backup? Well his bluray drive has been struggling for months, load times taking ages and a few times it has just quit working. His phat is well out of warranty so it seems this is a nice working solution for him with the added benefit of homebrew. :)

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
a friend has his up and running, about 20 games on his HD and emulaters etc... think he's online playing pro evo atm and all seems to be working :D

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
A friend has the latest custom firmware installed and running, is in the process of backing up all his games onto an external hard-drive tonight. Why backup? Well his bluray drive has been struggling for months, load times taking ages and a few times it has just quit working. His phat is well out of warranty so it seems this is a nice working solution for him with the added benefit of homebrew. :)

I have a phat - I think the blu-ray drives are just bloody slow on them to be fair. I have a slim upstairs which seems at least 40% faster.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
PS3 owners will be able to play the co-op parts of the game both with other PS3 players and with PC players. What's more, by linking their PSN and Steam accounts, PS3 owners can unlock a PC or Mac version of the game at no additional cost.
:worthy:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Don't go to 3.56 no matter what, especially the random fake 3.56 CFW's out there.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i'll be ugrading to 3.56, will prolly get a slim to mess about with at some point

Yaka

Part of the furniture
warez. if yove got yer hdd stuffed atm then dont upgraded,

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
warez. if yove got yer hdd stuffed atm then dont upgraded,

Homebrew. :p I want to be able to use emulators, play mkv's and other codecs, get a proper web-browser with flash support etc... :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
yeah right.

emus are happening but there rest arnt happening any time soon prolly be a few months at best tho

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
yeah right.

emus are happening but there rest arnt happening any time soon prolly be a few months at best tho

Mkv playback should be pretty straightforward as .mkv is just a container format for a number of different video codecs including H.264 which the PS3 can already play. It shouldn't take much coding at all to trick the ps3 into finding H.264 streams inside an .mkv container and decoding them.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Sony doing some dodgy things in the latest firmware. Basically they can easily run any code they want when you log into PSN, without any firmware update. All looking a bit dubious now, but ultimately self-defeating as the keys are out there.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
heh read only but very nifty. still feel sorry bout that bloke in germany being raided

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom