Proposal: Dragon Booking Sheet

T

Tootz

Best get one done for Barfog, DM named mobs, Summoner, Prince raids, Legion raids, etc. Maybe even gobo spots in Lyon cos they're getting a bit busy these days and you can't guarentee a spot when you go there.

W

-Wedge-

Originally posted by Tootz
Best get one done for Barfog, DM named mobs, Summoner, Prince raids, Legion raids, etc. Maybe even gobo spots in Lyon cos they're getting a bit busy these days and you can't guarentee a spot when you go there.

You are one of the persons that cant seem to see the difference between a raid needing 20+ people and one which you can do with a few people...

Anyways, the more I read some of these type of remarks the more I see why this (even if its implemented) wont work...

T

Tootz

Back in the old days all those raids mentioned did need close to 20+ people to do them but we managed to survive without booking sheets.

I just don't believe that people should *have* to make a booking to do a raid. Not everyone reads these forums, and they shouldn't feel penalised or be given abuse by others if they're found doing one.

The fact is the Dragon and all the other raids I mentioned can now be done with only 1-3 fg's, something anyone can easily put together in the space of an hour. Therefore, naturally, alot of people are going to want to do them and get the drops. But I just think you shoudl treat it as first come first serve like everything else in the game - after all, we'd all like to have the best camp spots with our group in Avalon City or whatever, but we can't always have them because someone else beat us to it. Same thing now applies to the Dragon and his friends in my opinion, if he's camped when you get there, tough luck, just come back a couple of hours later or the next day.

Oh and just because I'm against the idea of booking sheets, doesn't mean I'm the sort of tosser who would take over a camp spot or nick peoples mobs. I'm merely giving my opinion, take it or leave it, and people like me shouldn't be tarnished with the same brush as arseholes who do such things. You can't always get what you want in life, sometimes you have to wait for it to happen some other time.

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by -Wedge-

Oohwell, shame... We (FC / TB) are doing one on Thursday... We planned on doing 1 yesterday but it clashed with one from GoL (dunno if that ever happend, didnt see GoL in Dartmoor)... But the confusion let to problems with our upcome so we couldnt do one in the end even if GoL didnt go...

lmao, you guys contact me on irc, asking me to cancel my raid at 2am++ , I tell my team the raid is canceled because i didnt want to see whiny whine on BW , set new date and now you talk like this

gg .

(02:06:40) ([FC]Alithiel) Hi there
(02:06:55) ([FC]Alithiel) I understandd you're organising a Dragon Raid tomorrow?
(02:07:57) ([FC]Alithiel) And was wondering if there was any chance you could reschedule, as I have one arranged also
(02:08:59) (aussie) really?
(02:09:10) ([FC]Alithiel) Yes
(02:09:30) ([FC]Alithiel) Been organising it for the last 2 weeks :/
(02:14:24) ([FC]Alithiel) Is there any chance you could do it some other time?

W

-Wedge-

Aussie this isnt a whine about your raid, however it did cause some confusion within TB/FC which resulted in lower upcome... And thus eventually not being able to do the raid... (funny how internal communication can cause that)

That confusion could have been avoided....

As for the rest, fuck it, not gonna keep defending the idea... Each time I read some of the 'no' replies, I have a strong feeling to defend my idea's... Yet it feels like I'm talking to people that dont want to look beyond 'camping is bad mkay' and look to how the raid organisers / attendees feel when they did all the stuff they did, for nothing... No you dont have to think of other people, but its 'nice' to do so...

So this will never work... Not because its so hard to post a notice about a raid, but just because most just dont care about what others do... Fine...

O

old.Ramas

Don't go down there tonight btw, because it's dead atm.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by -Wedge-
So this will never work... Not because its so hard to post a notice about a raid, but just because most just dont care about what others do... Fine...
Yup, sad but true.

Common sense proposals involving showing a little courtsey to the rest of the realm dont seem to be welcome

Edit: fixed spelling since it didnt make sense as it was.

M

MesS°

Originally posted by Draylor
Yup, sad but true.

Common sense proposals involving showing a little curtsey to the rest of the realm dont seem to be welcome

It depends what you see as a "little curtsey"... I resent beeing sterio typed, because i dont share the same view on things...

O

old.Ramas

For what it's worth, I don't see how a sign up sheet can hurt.

And I'm not sure what argument the 'no' posters are actually trying to make.

Only argument against I can think of is if the dragon is only very rarely killed. tbh, I don't know how common raids are atm?

Not everyone reads these forums, and they shouldn't feel penalised or be given abuse by others if they're found doing one.

Seriously, I don't think it's too much to ask that people organising raids that affect others on this server do start checking this forum.

They don't have to read the whine threads, but as a community if we feel this is the most appropriate place for sign up sheets etc, I don't think there is anything remotely wrong with asking raid leaders to check the forum. It takes all of 10 seconds to do - and if people don't know about it, there is nothing stopping us telling them about it.

If people want a functional community we have to make it ourselves.

It works in other games. No reason community decisions can't be made here.

F

Flimgoblin

wedge make a thread I'll sticky it, pbaz summed it up perfectly above so I'll not bother repeating him :)

D

Draylor

Originally posted by old.Ramas
Only argument against I can think of is if the dragon is only very rarely killed. tbh, I don't know how common raids are atm?
Well I wont pretend to know everything thats being tried, but theres a few lately I am aware of:

Friday - was killed
Saturday - I dont know
Sunday - was attempted at least once, Im not certain of result
Monday - 2 attempts scheduled, both cancelled due to confusion
Tuesday - you killed it
Today - at least 1 planned
Thursday - at least 1 planned

Rarely killed? Not currently. Repop time is short enough that multiple attempts are easily possible in 1 day, but in reality everyone is likely to prefer the same 7/8/9 pm times so this wont really happen.

*IF* we patch to 1.64 (lots of new dragon drops, some of which are rather nice) without having the fix from 1.65 (raids under 3FG probably impossible) I expect it will be killed at least once a day if not more often.

Anything that avoids a guild/alliance having 2-3FG head down to the lair to find it empty is worth a try IMHO.

A

Aussie-

Originally posted by pbaz

Oh - and please add the fact that the B&Q alliance (under the raid-leadership of Adaptive) are off on a dragon-raid this Wednesday (15th - forget the exact time but it's in the evening, will clarify later).

doing one too and no i'm not gonna cancel it again.

P

pbaz

Originally posted by Aussie-
doing one too and no i'm not gonna cancel it again.

I absolutely wouldn't expect you to cancel an organised raid. But hopefully this does highlight the benefits a raid announcement thread would bring! You've tried to organise 3 raids now (or, at least, 3 raids that you've mentioned in the context of this thread) and so far they have all clashed times with other raids... C'mon people, surely this is reason enough to have a space where we can keep each other informed! Think of poor Aussie! :D

FYI - we will be heading out from CWS at 1900 UK time. It took us 30 minutes to kill Gole last time. I can't imagine it will take us any longer this time.

I hope that this doesn't clash with your planned time, Aussie. If it does, please post here or PM someone in-game (preferrably Adjacent/Adaptive from Knights who say Ni - as he is leading our raid again).

P

pbaz

It is tonight.

Yep - I got that from your last post! ;)

We will be leaving CWS at 1900 UK time (2000 CET) tonight (Wednesday 15th). Please let me (or adjacent/adaptive) know here or in-game if this organised time clashes with your organised time.

Thx.

A

Aussie-

does the time matter? the dragon has a respawn time of 30min->9hours.

P

pbaz

does the time matter? the dragon has a respawn time of 30min->9hours.

Well, if you plan to raid earlier than this, then we would like to know because then we can send a scout to the lair to check if he has repopped. That will save another 25+ people the trouble of gethering in CWS and heading to lair only to find it empty.

And no need to be so defensive m8 - I'm not trying to shaft your raid! I just want as much information as possible so that I can help to avoid a big waste of time for lots of people.

N

NetNifty

I think its a bad idea given the troubles with the sidi booking sheet lately and that the dragon has a much faster re-pop time but if one is made I will ensure AoP respect it.

O

old.Ramas

Originally posted by NetNifty
I think its a bad idea given the troubles with the sidi booking sheet lately

I'm not aware of any troubles with the sidi booking sheet that have wasted any greater amount of time/inconvienience/annoyance than would be caused when even 1 single raid of sensible people turn up at sidi/dragon to find it already cleared/killed by other sensible people.

As others have said idiots still exist, but idiots exist whether we have a booking sheet or not.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

What can I say? I was wrong. Givf sheet.

B

bob007

With all these stones around, Respecs are gonna be dirt cheap :p

And if you lucky to have 25 of each in vault when GoA take the server template for Gorre houseing beta, You can go play with specs you'd never consider. 50x-bow :)

V

Vrollo

I'll vote for dragon announcement thread or whatever you want to call it. Since we planned (Adaptive/Adjacent did) this raid 2 weeks in advance and Aussie planned 1 too at the same time our raid was spoiled since they left off earlier (no offence meant Aussie) coz we were waiting for some people.

And we have specific dragon raid group setup's and I can't join raid any time like a lot of people in our alliance.

A

Aussie-

I'm really sorry but I wasn't gonna cancel my dragonraid again.

anyway, he died, buggy loot again -_-

D

Draylor

anyway, he died, buggy loot again -_-
For those that were there - loot has been received.

I met a paladin this afternoon who was in need of a little assistance. After helping him, and hearing of his unfortunate lovelife, he told me a rather interesting story of how he'd fallen down a pothole in Dartmoor. He apparently found a few items there, and requested that I should take them as a reward for my kindness.

And no - Im not joking ;)

Users who are viewing this thread