Proposal: Dragon Booking Sheet

W

-Wedge-

Seeing the dragon seems to be albions new evening dinner...

Isnt it about time to start a dragon booking sheet?

As our alliance might have a problem this evening, a booking sheet would remove any problems in the future...

F

Flimgoblin

sure :) the sidi sheet came about because Fellowship and DK had a raid on the same day.

If the same thing is happening with the dragon then might well be worth it - that said the dragon is _usually_ back within a few hours of the previous raid, but if peolpe arrange two raids on the same evening it could cause problems.

I

iantheace

NO

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

<Inhale>

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

<Inhale>

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

What a stupid idea

A

Aybabtu

Re: NO

Originally posted by iantheace
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

<Inhale>

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

<Inhale>

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

What a stupid idea

+1?

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by -Wedge-
Seeing the dragon seems to be albions new evening dinner...

Isnt it about time to start a dragon booking sheet?

As our alliance might have a problem this evening, a booking sheet would remove any problems in the future...
why m8 ? :(
booking sheet is not aproved by coc goa or mythic ... some ppl claim sidi ... now u want to claim the dragon ...
what is next .. claiming emain so the alb zerg splits ? :p
btw plz dont flame me i just say my opinion and i listen and respec otthers opinions

K

K0nah

its a good idea.

why? cos dartmoor (like sidi) is a damn long way for a bunch of ppl to go only to find its camped or just been cleared.

sure u will always have assholes who will ignore it for thier own benefit but for those of us with a little more honour it saves a wasted trip.

C

ChillyDawg

aye it is a good idea. And no, its approved of officially in the coc or by goa, but thats nto the point. What IS teh point is that if we are all semi-nice-ish people we can just cooperate, it doesnt have to be in teh coc for it be used. I think the sidi sheet has been the reason there arnt HUGE flame wars between teh big alliances and whatnot cos MOST of the people here are mature enough to respect thats if life is gonna be easy they may as well cooperate.

J

Javai

I think the recent spate on anti-booking sheet threads with regard to Sidi suggest this would prove unpopular.

It is even easier for one or two individuals with grudges to upset dragon raids and I can see that this could be fairly heavily abused by people with an axe to grind. So whilst KoP would check a booking sheet we certainly would not want to post the times we might be going to do one.

D

Draylor

If its likely to save wasting alot of peoples time it sounds sensible enough.

Even if its not too popular right away Im guessing itll really be required when 1.64 arrives with the new drops ;)

F

Flimgoblin

iantheace - lets run a little scenario past you:

You arrange a dragon raid.

I arrange a dragon raid - mine starts 10 minutes before yours and lo and behold we're fighting the dragon as you arrive.

You go home pissed off because there's no dragon to fight.

Or:

You arrange a dragon raid, post on BW that you're doing one.

I go to BW and think "Hrm he's doing one then I'll do it on another day then, so as not to interfere".

Voila, co-operation - magic eh?

I know it's a hard concept for some people to grasp...

Still I think Favail is right - it's a lot easier to wreck a dragon raid than a sidi raid (though it's not that hard to ruin a sidi raid to be honest)

W

-Wedge-

Now, Mr. Wrath, imagine planning this raid 2-3 weeks ahead of time, get 20-30 (perhaps even more? ) people together... Thats real people, thats a room full, heck, if its a small room, you even need 2 rooms to fill that...

They come together at cornwall station, assemble there... That takes lets say 15-30 mins... You head out to dartmoor (5 mins), you go through the agro area's (another 10 mins), you dont see the dragon... Well you figure its on patrol so you wait 30 mins...

Only to find out that another alliance killed the dragon 1 hour before you got together... 2 weeks planning GONE, 20-30 (more?) people disapointed... And 1 hour of your time gone... Perhaps some even had to change some of their IRL planning to be able to make this raid...

All because you didnt want to 'claim' a mob (I see it more as 'giving notice') that needs this many people to kill it... And has an average respawn time of 4-8 hours...

Do you think the people that 'claim' sidi (as you call it) wouldnt go to sidi to hunt there? No they would, however by letting people know that someone has been there earlier, you know that not all mobs are there...

It would be nice to not spoil someone's raid that took a long time to plan... This wasnt a problem as the dragon was hardly a mob someone would kill often in a week... But this changed the moment the number of people went down from 100+ -> 24ish people... (and current patch, even 10 people)

Y

-yoda-

i dont think a dragon booking sheet is a good idea . the dragon is possible to repop after a cple of mins .. also it does take long to get to its lair 5-10 mins killin a few red mobs and occsional purple..

i say no booking sheet ,, doesnt take long to get to and repops fast :) no need for a booking sheet :0

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I guess it would be worth it if people were farming the dragon every day. Fact is that the dragon gets dropped mebbe once or twice a week max. A dragon raid sheet would probably cause more aggro on the forums and wouldn't really solve anything...simply because there is nowt to be solved atm.

When people start raiding Golly's lair every single night and arguments appear on the forums about one guild being full of tossers etc etc. then a DR sheet would be called for. Mebbe next year when we get 1.64 but until then it isn't really worth it.

F

Flimgoblin

it can take over 5 hours to repop...

it's a random chance every 30 minutes.

If people reorganise their RL around a dragon raid it's annoying to find out someone else has already planned and started a raid before you. It's not just a "oh lets go kill the dragon" like "oh lets go to the barrows" -> they usually take a reasonable amount of planning.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Javai
I can see that this could be fairly heavily abused by people with an axe to grind
I cant see this being a problem - at least not until someone works out how to kill a dragon with a cabalist + 2 clerics ;)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

A person with an axe to grind will always find a way.

J

Javai

Originally posted by Draylor
I cant see this being a problem - at least not until someone works out how to kill a dragon with a cabalist + 2 clerics ;)

Well I can see ways of screwing up a whole raid with a single char but I sure as hell ain't gonna post them here so some anti-social 10 year old can try them :)

D

Draylor

Which also sound like ways of having action taken against your account by GOA.

Unless theres a significant number of people around with a grudge against your guild I really cant see youve anything to worry about.

B

bob007

I could list a few ways to screw up someones dragon raid, And i could do em solo starting at cornwall. So, As Ma Boss (Javai) said, it wouldn't be a good idea to advertise you planning to do something with the resent spat of "You don't own me or my pet dog, so i can do what i want" posts, Ppl with a grudge, Can make life extremly hard for you.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by bob007
I could list a few ways to screw up someones dragon raid, And i could do em solo starting at cornwall. So, As Ma Boss (Javai) said, it wouldn't be a good idea to advertise you planning to do something with the resent spat of "You don't own me or my pet dog, so i can do what i want" posts, Ppl with a grudge, Can make life extremly hard for you.

and other ppl can make life hell for the people who make the sensible people's lives hell - what goes around comes around eh ;)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Not exactly hard to find 10-20 people who dislike a certain person/guild. It is equally easy to organise a raid to coincide with a pre-planned raid led by someone you dislike intensely and populate the raid members with people who either don't read BW or don't give a toss about booking sheets. It isn't as if either are in short supply. None of these methods can be frowned upon by GOA in anyway either.

W

-Wedge-

Screwing up a Dragon Raid by several people (except doing a raid prior to your planned raid) would most likely be against the CoC...

Well, I see all you people have a LOT of issues to work out, and guess working TOGETHER is out of the order...

Its sad really...

Seems only a few would see the benifit of giving a heads up when you planned a raid to slay the beast...

L

leoric

Well I thought it was a good idea, Only takes a little respect. Obvious you cant BOOK a place, But at least ppl would know whos done there and when! :D

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I don't have a problem with letting people know there is a raid on but considering that :

a) The grief that has been caused because of the Sidi sheet
b) So far there have been 0 problems with Dragon Raids

I don't think that there is any special need for one.

B

bob007

Originally posted by tripitaka
and other ppl can make life hell for the people who make the sensible people's lives hell - what goes around comes around eh ;)

Don't get me wrong, Am just trying to point out how easy it is to screw up a dragon over screwing up Sidi.

But going to sidi while someone has booked, Is a lot different to going to screw someones dragon raid, Some simple knowledge of how it works and you can screw the entire thing up very easily.

And if they did that and "the sensible poeple" made this players life hell. Am pretty after sure they recieved a ban/suspention(sp?) for harrasment, They'd change there mind.

Screwing up a Dragon Raid by several people (except doing a raid prior to your planned raid) would most likely be against the CoC...

Nope can be done without breaking CoC.

Edited, i was to pretty :p

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by bob007
Don't get me wrong, Am just trying to point out how easy it is to screw up a dragon over screwing up Sidi.

But going to sidi while someone has booked, Is a lot different to going to screw someones dragon raid, Some simple knowledge of how it works and you can screw the entire thing up very easily.

And if they did that and "the sensible poeple" made this players life hell. Am pretty after after they recieved a ban/suspention(sp?) for harrasment, They'd change there mind.

Agreed, even if you did put 'Am pretty after after' ?! :)

W

-Wedge-

Well the reason I made this thread is because the problem presented itself already for us... We have a dragon raid planned with around 30 people... But I heard that GoL is planning on doing one tonight too, but an hour earlier then us...

Yes it took us 2 weeks of planning, some people had to reschedule IRL stuff for it...

If a 'booking sheet' would have existed for the dragon, this problem wouldnt have occured...

W

-Wedge-

And I think intentionally screwing up a dragon raid would constitute as harrasment... Which is against CoC...

I

infernalwrath

Now, Mr. Wrath, imagine planning this raid 2-3 weeks ahead of time, get 20-30 (perhaps even more? ) people together... Thats real people, thats a room full, heck, if its a small room, you even need 2 rooms to fill that...

They come together at cornwall station, assemble there... That takes lets say 15-30 mins... You head out to dartmoor (5 mins), you go through the agro area's (another 10 mins), you dont see the dragon... Well you figure its on patrol so you wait 30 mins...

Only to find out that another alliance killed the dragon 1 hour before you got together... 2 weeks planning GONE, 20-30 (more?) people disapointed... And 1 hour of your time gone... Perhaps some even had to change some of their IRL planning to be able to make this raid...

All because you didnt want to 'claim' a mob (I see it more as 'giving notice') that needs this many people to kill it... And has an average respawn time of 4-8 hours...

Do you think the people that 'claim' sidi (as you call it) wouldnt go to sidi to hunt there? No they would, however by letting people know that someone has been there earlier, you know that not all mobs are there...

It would be nice to not spoil someone's raid that took a long time to plan... This wasnt a problem as the dragon was hardly a mob someone would kill often in a week... But this changed the moment the number of people went down from 100+ -> 24ish people... (and current patch, even 10 people)
ok i agree with u for raids that needs 25+++ ppl ... and that plans organasition etc and after all a dragon book sheet whould be good
BUT gathering 6 ppl for a sidi raid is 1 hour job so claiming sidi 30 days erlier for that i personally think its wrong and also against coc
So sidi booking sheet should only contain large sidi raids imho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom