Proposal: Dragon Booking Sheet

W

-Wedge-

But we're not talking about Sidi now are we? We ARE talking about a dragon which (most of the time) requires 25+ people to do... Or at least after 1.65 it will atleast 24 people...

Atm it can be done with 10 people if you know how (and can stand smacking 1 thing for +2 hours)... But even still, most sane people will do it with 24+ ;)

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by -Wedge-
But we're not talking about Sidi now are we? We ARE talking about a dragon which (most of the time) requires 25+ people to do... Or at least after 1.65 it will atleast 24 people...

Atm it can be done with 10 people if you know how (and can stand smacking 1 thing for +2 hours)... But even still, most sane people will do it with 24+ ;)
as i said above its a good idea :)

F

freerp

so how long will it be b4 theres a booking sheet for krondon,ac ,lyon and all the rest of the places ppl like to go
hell we may even get a emain and odins booking sheet
i suggest you all go read animal farm
as it contains the classic line
all are equal but some are more equal then others
think about it :)

W

-Wedge-

Originally posted by freerp
so how long will it be b4 theres a booking sheet for krondon,ac ,lyon and all the rest of the places ppl like to go
hell we may even get a emain and odins booking sheet
i suggest you all go read animal farm
as it contains the classic line
all are equal but some are more equal then others
think about it :)

Perhaps the booking sheet will come when the respawn time of the mobs inside krondor/odins/emain/lyoness/ac/etc have an average time of 4-8 hours... Yes the dragon CAN respawn in 30 mins... But it can also be a day... (its very unlikely that it respawns in within 1 hour)

F

Flimgoblin

the moment there's more than one krondon raid at the same time - only then, no sooner, no later ;)

i.e. when there's a need to say you're going somewhere so that noone else wastes their time setting up a raid.

I

iantheace

Flim

Flim here is what you said:

It's not just a "oh lets go kill the dragon" like "oh lets go to the barrows" -> they usually take a reasonable amount of planning.

Every raid ive done so far have been like, hmm lets go kill summoner, ask for some clerics and necros, and we did.

Thanks

Elitrea

G

greenfingers

No !

It should be free for anyone to enter the lair with out having to post it on BW !

if it's camped .. well ... too bad !

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Flim

Originally posted by iantheace
Every raid ive done so far have been like, hmm lets go kill summoner, ask for some clerics and necros, and we did.

not everyone abuses focus shields ;)

K

kenshee-himura

Re: NO

Originally posted by iantheace
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

<Inhale>

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

<Inhale>

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

What a stupid idea

http://steveberckmoes.telenet.be/6thsense.jpg

I

infernalwrath

Re: Re: Flim

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
not everyone abuses focus shields ;)
dont acuse ppl for abuse ... if u think eltirea is braking any rule of coc report her orelse plz dont acuse her for abuse
Mythic solved the problem with focus shield by fixing it in 1.65 not by banning accounts of cabas who use it .
Thus mythic herself says that using it on high lvl mobs its not ABUSE but its not rigth also so it got fixed

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: Re: Flim

Originally posted by infernalwrath
dont acuse ppl for abuse ... if u think eltirea is braking any rule of coc report her orelse plz dont acuse her for abuse
Mythic solved the problem with focus shield by fixing it in 1.65 not by banning accounts of cabas who use it .
Thus mythic herself says that using it on high lvl mobs its not ABUSE but its not rigth also so it got fixed

it's abuse the same way los-abusing chanter pets was abuse :) and that attack speed debuff interrupting is abuse...

or necros before the patch that fixed them is abuse.

It's not against the CoC :) just abuse of what it's intended for... enjoy it whilst it's there, myself I can't wait till they fix these irritating bugs.

M

MesS°

common ppl this is getting out of hand... What is next, epic mob booking sheets? high lords booking sheet? humberton ants booking sheet?

Lets not make this into, you must read some uofficial forum before u logon so noone gets pissed at you...

If someonoe is there you move on and kill something else... Its a game not something you should plan weeks ahead...

*roll eyes*

"Omg someone is camping the mob i planned too, im gonna run home and tell BW..."

F

Fagane

Dragon does not really need a booking sheet. I think a simple post here would be enough, use /bump a few times with your members and you see you are the only one.

Biggest problems with Sidi is one guild <Havoc>, and not realy that guild but its members (guess in what guild Teba, Lemald, Elitrea are..... after they got kicked).

And in case Dragon can not be focus pulled, we are fairly sure everybody will respect it when you post your raid.

Fagane

E

elbeek

DS focus killing is no more abusing the game than killing a mob with a fucking sword. It is an ability that matter spec cabbies have and thus is there to be used. And yes the dps is being lowered in 1.65.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by MesS°
common ppl this is getting out of hand... What is next, epic mob booking sheets? high lords booking sheet? humberton ants booking sheet?

heh a barfog booking sheet woulda saved some grief in the past ;)

I don't think there's quite enough dragon raids at the moment to warrant a booking sheet - I could be wrong though.

The reason the Sidi one came about was the 10 million people organising big guild raids for sundays/during the week, and having them clash is bad.

I

iantheace

Hi

Posted by fagane:

Biggest problems with Sidi is one guild <Havoc>, and not realy that guild but its members (guess in what guild Teba, Lemald, Elitrea are..... after they got kicked).

FYI teba was playing my account just before i got kicked and, also FYI i told bowen well before that i would leave ASQ with elitrea if it was a problem well before the char was kicked.

Lomald was also going to leave ASQ as well, asq getting to be more and more a noob pve guild by the day :(

Anyway,

NOT ONE FOCUS RAID HAS BEEN DONE WITH THE HAVOC LOGO ABOVE MY HEAD

so apologize for that

thanks

And dont be jealous just cus u need a zerg to do what 5 people can

P

pbaz

Would support the creation of a Dragon booking sheet.

We raided at the weekend and arrived at CWS to find Puppie from HB also trying to arrange a raid. Fortunately, Puppie is a sensible, pleasant person and let us go ahead and raid because we were collected together and ready to go before his team were ready.

I still feel a little bad about wrecking Puppies plans, however. A simple sheet that allows people to say if they have a raid planned is a repectful, decent idea.

All we've seen so far in the Sidi threads is a bunch of kids squealing about their rights to do whatever the hell they like, at any time they like, and f*ck everyone else. A dragon sheet would almost certainly generate the same situation here on BW... HOWEVER there are masses of honest, decent, polite, respectful players that DO read these boards and DO respect the effort, work and time put into arranging an event (Sidi or Dragon) by other players. I say create the booking sheet - even if it's just to help these decent players. We'll never please or satisfy the kids, but I know a booking sheet would be a huge help for me, my guild and our alliance. This proposal helps the respectful players. It won't stop the kids wrecking things for others, but it will partly help to avoid wasting the time of the decent players.

Just my opinion.

And a final /hug to Puppie for letting us raid. :)

F

Flimgoblin

If someone wants to make a"notification" sheet (reworded to divert any mad-flame binges) I'm sure the mods will sticky it :)

O

old.Elfslayer

Originally posted by elbeek
DS focus killing is no more abusing the game than killing a mob with a fucking sword. It is an ability that matter spec cabbies have and thus is there to be used. And yes the dps is being lowered in 1.65.

And the reason for lowering the dps is.......................? exploitation of its use......................... ie focus pulling.

W

-Wedge-

Pfft if you 'guys' think that focus pulling is 'abused' in alb... You really never played a hib... Hibs know how to focus pull stuff... Their masters at it... They make your futile attempts at the sidi thrash mobs look like childs play...

Anyways, I personally see a notification sheet as a good idea, but seems some would rather setup a raid only to find the dragon isnt there... Some (like MeSs) seem to dont want to let people know when their raiding so they cant steal their tactics to do it in small numbers...

Oohwell, shame... We (FC / TB) are doing one on Thursday... We planned on doing 1 yesterday but it clashed with one from GoL (dunno if that ever happend, didnt see GoL in Dartmoor)... But the confusion let to problems with our upcome so we couldnt do one in the end even if GoL didnt go...

Funny thing is, I have only seen 1 reply which would qualify as a reason not to 'make one'... Which would be grievers ruining your DR... The others just use the reason : its a bad idea m'kay...

Q

quinthar

Lets not make this into, you must read some uofficial forum before u logon so noone gets pissed at you...

If someonoe is there you move on and kill something else... Its a game not something you should plan weeks ahead...

*roll eyes*

"Omg someone is camping the mob i planned too, im gonna run home and tell BW..."

How right you are...

M

MesS°

Some (like MeSs) seem to dont want to let people know when their raiding so they cant steal their tactics to do it in small numbers...
Erhh? You got something u need to get off you chest?

D

Draylor

Some (like MeSs) seem to dont want to let people know when their raiding so they cant steal their tactics to do it in small numbers...
Well thats rather out of order.

Ive so far seen 3 requests around for details on how HB killed dragon, all of which have been answered. As Ive said before HB did nothing new, just followed the instructions laid out by others from the US forums, with the benefit of a little experience gained from trying with 3FGs a few times.

Its a game not something you should plan weeks ahead...
Well since HBs dragon raids WERE planned in advance I fail to see the problem here ;) But that ones a discussion to save for guild forums

I

iantheace

hmm

You miss the point wedge.

Booking all this stuff makes the game more like a job. U must be there at 9 and leave at 5 and if u dont show up dont expect another booking.

Bullshit, i come online when i CAN and then i do what i want there and then, as everyone should.

L

leoric

Re: Re: hmm

Originally posted by Fagane
Says enough about you and your guild <Havoc>.

Just go away, delete all your chars or what ever, just never log on again and for the sake of all servers and the future, never consider playing any online game ever again. We do not need you, and we do not want you.

Fagane

Way too much love! :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

My awesome powers of perception are telling me that you dislike the members of Havoc. :)

W

-Wedge-

MesS what else could be the reason why its so hard to mention when you are going to do a dragon raid so that it wont clash with someone else their raid?

Common, why cant people get it into their thick skull that it DOES take planning for a lot of guilds/alliances... That its not something you setup in 1 hour...

If you got such a problem with 'booking' of a mob...

*sigh*

Why do I bother...

Sjeez its not like its SO fecking busy, but it can (and has) happen that 2 alliances/guilds plan one on the same day...

A place (general area, call it a 'booking sheet' call it a 'notification thread') where you give notice that you are planning a raid to slay the beast would solve that issue in 1 go...

But NOOOOO we are so against booking mobs, oh my god... Get a fecking life...

Why not instead of calling it a 'dragon booking sheet' call it a raid announcement sheet, where guilds/alliances announce public and private raids to certain 'special' places (like sidi, dragon, si-dragon)...

I couldnt care less that HB goes to the dragon with 10 people and fight it for 8 hours... When they feel like it...

However, I'd be more then a little annoyed if HB did that while we where assembling 30 people for the same goal where it DID take 2 weeks to plan and it DID take people to rearrange their RL schedule do be on that raid...

I'm sorry I brought the whole deal up... It seems we cant be mature enough about it to give notice when you are going to slay (its not even camping, its run in, kill, run away) the dragon...

It makes me feel this about the BW community though:
:puke:

P

pbaz

Why not instead of calling it a 'dragon booking sheet' call it a raid announcement sheet, where guilds/alliances announce public and private raids to certain 'special' places (like sidi, dragon, si-dragon)...

Please go ahead and start the thread!

Call it the "Dragon-raid Announcement Thread".

Have our new uber-mod Fing sticky it and keep it spam-free.

Then a place exists for all reasonable Albs to post details of their planned raid and all other reasonable albs can/will respect those times.

However, we all must accept that there will then be 3 types of people:

1 - The respectful. These are the guys who will check the thread and find a "free" spot so that any problems surrounding a dragon raid can be minimised for themselves and for the rest of their realm.

2 - The innocent. These are the people who don't read BW. Or who otherwise didn't know about the announcement thread. They will often transform into "The Respectful" the first time a clash occurs and someone (politely) lets them know about the announcement thread.

3 - The a**holes. These are the kiddies that read BW and know about the announcement thread, but go ahead and ignore it anyway. They just don't give a toss about anyone other than themselves and we (as a community) will never be able to get rid of them or change them. We just have to suffer them and get over it. Eventually, these kiddies will piss someone off in real-life and they'll get squashed - until then, they'll take out their passive-aggressive issues on us, through this game.

Oh - and please add the fact that the B&Q alliance (under the raid-leadership of Adaptive) are off on a dragon-raid this Wednesday (15th - forget the exact time but it's in the evening, will clarify later).

Users who are viewing this thread