Football Prem League weekly thread!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Sky news now saying Kaka dad has told him not to go but instead to meet anceloti and then decide.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Hi Chetan

Hi Corran

hi marc...

read what i said again and you see that if he does leave it is for the reason i said... Milan need the money from his sale, not that Kaka wanted to go but he pratically pushed out the door so they can try fix their financial issues.

and i do not believe a thing the spanish media says, especially in regards to Real Madrid... they the biggest shit stirrers around

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hi Chetan

Hi Corran

Hold on now, I didn't say it would not happen, I just did not agree with the reports you had. I don't trust these stories until they are reported on reputable sports news sites.

Kaka deal is not done, his father is negotiating with Madrid, he has not signed yet. I wonder if he will stay true to his word and stay at Milan, or whether it is a case of Milan wanting the money and asking him to go?

Milan are also reporting they have had two bids for kaka and two for pato. Wonder if Chelski are in the hunt as well??

Marc

FH is my second home
Hold on now, I didn't say it would not happen, I just did not agree with the reports you had. I don't trust these stories until they are reported on reputable sports news sites.

Thats fair enough mate, I just trust my source as he told me about numerous deals that have come off for Barca. And one other that didnt come off, eh Soze :D

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Atletico madrid is going to buy Lavezzi me thinks. The spanish league seems to make some quality signings early on.

Everz

FH is my second home
Mario Gomez has signed for Bayern for £26mil

next stop Barca and Hleb.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Thats fair enough mate, I just trust my source as he told me about numerous deals that have come off for Barca. And one other that didnt come off, eh Soze :D

Just ask your contact if theres any chance of YaYa coming to Arsenal please ;)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
In what is probably another Football Manager buy, Birmingham have snapped up Christian Benitez, who is class on 09.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
In what is probably another Football Manager buy, Birmingham have snapped up Christian Benitez, who is class on 09.

I saw him play for Equador against Brazil. He was class. He's the same type of player as Tevez, as far as I could see.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The quality of the ecuador players was there to see at the last word cup, Valenica (currently at Wigan) reminded me of Ronaldinho when he was younger.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Man city's other big signing has been overshadowed by barry. Tugay in as a coach, with a view to becoming technical director?!?!

Everz

FH is my second home
Why are Brum already signing players before us!?

FFS get a move on Mick :D.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And a very very good player by all accounts...

looks like a big money sell on for Birmingham after one season if he proves success full

Ormorof

FH is my second home
im not too keen with the new kits, i had hoped zips and collars were a thing of the past :p

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Yeah i'm not too keen on the collars on our shirts. Much preferred the kit for us 2 seasons ago, before they put the shitty collar on it.

Away kit looks quite nice, not sure if i'd buy the third choice kit though.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Football finances from prem this year
Annual wages league

Chelsea 172.09m

UTD 121.08m

Arsenal 101.3m

LFC 90.43m

Newcastle 74.56m

Portsmouth 54.68m

Man City 54.22m

Spurs 52.92m

Villa 50.44m

Everton 44.48m

Wooah at Chelsea :drink:

eksdee

FH is my second home
75 million in wages and got relegated. hahaha. big club my right cheek.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
We really need to cut down, i dont know why we keep offering all our players 120k a week etc. Dont know why the fuck players like ballack get that much, and there is the fact we've been paying for the worlds biggest cock ups like crespo veron and shevchenko

soze

I am a FH squatter
Where are the figures from Arsenal's is surprising as we only have Cesc and Gallas near 100k a week Ade and Kolo at 80k and the rest are below 50k

Not sure what Arshavin was is on nor what Theo gets with his new deal but the figures that came from a reliable source last year showed the above was acurate.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
those figures arent just the players though i dont think, its all staff

Lethul

FH is my second home
Wrong, these figures are from the 07/08 season, this years figures have not been published.

Link to the bbc article:

BBC NEWS | Business | Premier League 'defies downturn'

This years figures will be even higher as quite a few players signed new contracts last summer.

Oh yea, just found that bit on the page aswell :p

"The 18th edition of the Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance was launched on 4th June 2009. This definitive guide to European football finance provides not only a track record up to the end of the 2007/08 season, but also includes some pointers as to how the industry has developed in 2008/09 and is likely to change in the future."

Soz! Amazing how Arsenal can have such wages with a youth team ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Perez is just as bad as Calderon. Did an interview for the French press today, in which he stated they wanted Ribery. He said he would talk to "his good friends" at Bayern and see what they wanted to do with him, and let them know Ribery was one of his top targets.

So rather than approach the club and make a bid, he goes to the press first and unsettles the player. I realise a lot of clubs do this, but Madrid seem to know no other way to do business.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Perez is just as bad as Calderon. Did an interview for the French press today, in which he stated they wanted Ribery. He said he would talk to "his good friends" at Bayern and see what they wanted to do with him, and let them know Ribery was one of his top targets.

So rather than approach the club and make a bid, he goes to the press first and unsettles the player. I realise a lot of clubs do this, but Madrid seem to know no other way to do business.

I would have thought the best way to deal with this would be to fight fire with fire. Get the player to say something like this to the media:
"When I heard that the biggest team in the world was interested in me I was really excited, then I found out it wasn't Barcelona"

It would immediately make him an unpopular with the madrid supporters and force the sale off.

soze

I am a FH squatter
That will only work if the player does not want to play for Madrid though or he would not say it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom