Football Prem League weekly thread!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well its time to chat about results again heh

lucky break for arsenal with bendtner (though it always seemed like a win was due there), Villa breathing down neck of the big boys too it seems (only 4 points behind liverpool now), and the heady days of Hull beating arsenal are most definetly over now only 7 points clear of relegation (and yet only 5 points from safety!)

up boro way, it was healy days that got sunderland back in the game! can Rick do what Roy could not? :p

ah i love football, more to follow with later games and tomorrows :p

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
this is a thread that has been missing on FH for years, although the topic could have been mixed with la liga, as I know there are many FH'ers who follows that league aswell :) just a thought.

I love how Everton was beating Hull today, without any strikers.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Villa *are* a big club, one of the most successful English clubs of all time don't you know. Will be a great battle between Villa, Everton and Arsenal for that fourth Champions League spot.

Would just be so very typical if Platini's tinkering with format for English entry in the Champions League meant the team finishing fourth didn't actually make it in this year.

It is great to have an almost competitive Premier League this year. The procession of Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal over the last few years was dull, dull, dull.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
a draw on the cards at britannia? or will torres and keane come off bench and save the day? :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
always meant to make a thread like this but never did, well done

cmon stoke! great pass from reina but kitson misses the open goal after rounding him, damn fool! lovely bit of diving from gerrard again, no suprise there :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
thats a pretty impressive draw by stoke and allows chelsea to try and catch up too hehe

bit baffled by why keane and torres both sat on bench though, read on bbc that there was about £60 of signings sitting on the bench keeping it warm :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
poor display from liverpool, awful tactics by benitez :p

Starting Kuyt as lone striker, taking off Riera for Torres, leaving on Lucias, subbing benayoun so late... did he actually use all 3 subs?

If Utd win all their games in hand they go top, if Chelsea win they'll be a mere point behind. Although saying that i wouldnt be suprised if tomorrow was a draw :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Didn't see the game, but reading about it really makes me wish Benitez could be sacked without all the Spaniards following him :)

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I know it isn't PL, but the Valencia-villareal match is probably the best match I've seen this season.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
the stoke - liverpool game had me baffled. as peeps said before.. leaving keane and torres on the bench? utter madness

and well done finally to andy carroll for his first toon goal!!.. wont be the last im sure, looked sharp v hull last week and was unlucky...

and speaking of hull... hmm.. going downhill fast aint it?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Bolton deserved to loose, Adebayor yet again proved he is not top draw missing another golden opportunity because he takes too long. Van P looked sharpe and was unlucky not to score. I hate teams that turn up to top clubs with the express intention of boring us all to death with 11 men defending.

Villa were good for their win and definitely a big threat for that 4th place.

Actually thought Liverpool were lucky to survive that game, Stoke had way too many close chances.

Big Game today, I'll be hoping for a draw or a Chelsea win.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I would say Villa are looking the form team atm, I really dont fancy Liverpool to stay top for the rest of the season with some of Benitez's weird tactical decisions. 1 striker against Stoke???

Ssame goes for Scolari atm, just doesnt seem to be able to make the right substitutions to turn games around. Man Utd seem to be struggling to score and Arsenal are beating the top teams but struggle to beat teams who park the bus still.

Looking like an interesting run in to the end of the season. And as for relegation places.......er seems to be any 3 from 8 or 9 with the way its going

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Big Game today, I'll be hoping for a draw or a Chelsea win.

I think a draw is on the cards - Neither team can realistically afford to lose to keep up with Liverpool.

Though if one side is to win it i think it'll be United. I can't see us winning at OT with our recent run of form. If Scolari is insistent on playing Deco ahead of Ballack or Joe Cole then we're not playing at our full strength in these big games. The aura of invincibility and never say day hasn't been there since Mourinho left, everything seems like it can fall apart in a matter of minutes.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Didn't see the game, but reading about it really makes me wish Benitez could be sacked without all the Spaniards following him :)

I would not want to sack a manager who had us top of the table and had won a champions league. He also needs massive points for that fergie rant ;) Even if he is boring as arseholes :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
I would not want to sack a manager who had us top of the table and had won a champions league. He also needs massive points for that fergie rant ;) Even if he is boring as arseholes :p

Ok, I agree with that. But every descision he makes is the opposite of what i would do in that situation (well not exactly but almost! i would deffo play keane and Torres or at least torres/gerrard from start vs bottom teams for example). But then again im a FM2009 manager and he is on top of the PL manager, maybe he knows what he is doing anyway. But i need someone/something to rant about :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
bloody hell, did not expect a game like that i must admit!

Litmus

Resident Freddy
raped and pillaged, chelsea might as well not of bothered coming out 2nd half

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Drogba was so bad today it was funny.... Think he'll be going in the summer tbh, dont think his heart is at the club anymore by the looks of it.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
The club needs a complete rebuild.

Out with the oldies and in with younger talent, its no coincidence we lose Steve Clarke & Mourinho and our defence starts to haemorrage goals.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Out with the oldies and in with younger talent, its no coincidence we lose Steve Clarke & Mourinho and our defence starts to haemorrage goals.

Have to agree, Steve Clarke was a real loss.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
It was a great win for united and they played fairly well but couldnt help get the feeling watching it, that it wasnt so much united winning as Chelsea being awful...half their team is 6ft+ I heard a commentator say and they are a mess from set pieces!...haha if only rooney had told the linesman what he was doing it would have made for some fun discussion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom