pre order wow (eu)

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
There is basically three types of zone in WoW PvP :

1) Friendly zones : these are zones controlled by your side ( usually the starting zones and low level areas ) and when you are in these zones you are safe from PvP unless you attack an enemy in the zone : so for example, say you were a human paladin in Ellwyn Forest ( an alliance safe zone ) and you encountered a troll shaman. The troll shaman cannot start a fight with you unless you attack him first, and once you have attacked him, the fight then progresses normally.

2) Contested zones : these constitute the majority of the different zones, and its basically a horde vs alliance free-for-all in these zones. i.e. anyone can start the fight ( these zones are the closest comparison to Daoc PvP ).

3) Enemy zones : These are the opposite of your friendly zones; you cannot start a fight with anyone you encounter in these zones, but they can attack you at will. ( of course, you can fight back once they have started to whack you :) )

hope this helps clarify it for you.

Ulcer

Fledgling Freddie
Forgive me for not quite getting it - when you say 3 types of zones for WOW PvP - do you mean that those zone rules apply for PvP on all servers, PvE and PvP?

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't played on the normal servers, so im not speaking out of experience but from what i understood is that all area's on the normal servers are friendely zones for both sides. The only way to PVP here is to enable your pvp flag by typing /pvp or engaging in pvp combat that is going on. The cities are considered friendly/enemy zones as on the pvp servers

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
You're right stekker, on PvE servers you can only attack the opposite faction by typing /pvp (this will turn your PvP flag on for 5 minutes) however, you can only attack if your enemy has /pvp on too, wich will be very unlikely IMO. Later after release both PvE and PvP servers will have Battlegrounds, wich is a special area wich is considered as a contested territory and thus allowing alliance players to attack horde players and vice versa. Not much info available yet on Battlegrounds but I'm sure that wont be long till we get that.

Ulcer

Fledgling Freddie
Ah ok thx for clearing that up for me. PvP server for me then :)

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
i think going pvp makes the most sense as you dont want to be on pve with a high lvl toon and then find out all the stuff thats cool is going pvp only

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
The problem for me is that whenever i think of a PvP server, my mind always goes back to Camlann, and that just puts me off.. even though i know its nothing like it, but go figure :eek:

Feral

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
Not much info available yet on Battlegrounds but I'm sure that wont be long till we get that.
Some interesting info here if you haven't seen it yet ....

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Wow, discounts at shops if you get a good reputation, now THAT is attention to detail ;)

Thorinn

Fledgling Freddie
Stekkerdoos said:
I haven't played on the normal servers, so im not speaking out of experience but from what i understood is that all area's on the normal servers are friendely zones for both sides. The only way to PVP here is to enable your pvp flag by typing /pvp or engaging in pvp combat that is going on. The cities are considered friendly/enemy zones as on the pvp servers

I tried going to enemy territory, and in places as Undercity my pvp flag went on automaticly. tho the enemy needed to attack me first.

As i saw it.

Normal Server.

U will automaticly flag for pvp when u enter an enemy zone, but still the enemy need to attack u first before u can attack back. Think it's been made so, to prevent highlvl players to go killing in the noob areas.

PvP Server.

U can attack, or get attacked everywhere u go, just as on Camlann :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
U can attack, or get attacked everywhere u go, just as on Camlann

even on PvP servers you need to be attacked first in some enemy area's before attacking

at least, i couldnt hit anyone before being hit myself when wondering around elfwyd forest on my druid :p

however in darkshire or whatever i could attack any alliance and be attacked by any alliance (even though it said enemy territory) and the same when i was in the barrens, perhaps its just the starter areas that you cant be attacked in? (i.e mulgore, darnassus, durotar etc etc)

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
its the starter zones and also some low level zones, such as Westfall for the alliance, which is a lv10-20 zone i think

Thorinn

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
even on PvP servers you need to be attacked first in some enemy area's before attacking

at least, i couldnt hit anyone before being hit myself when wondering around elfwyd forest on my druid :p

however in darkshire or whatever i could attack any alliance and be attacked by any alliance (even though it said enemy territory) and the same when i was in the barrens, perhaps its just the starter areas that you cant be attacked in? (i.e mulgore, darnassus, durotar etc etc)

I was in Barrens as an alliance on a normal server, and couldent attack shit, until i was attacked :wij:

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
I was in Barrens as an alliance on a normal server, and couldent attack shit, until i was attacked
Did you manually activate you PvP flag ? Someway you had your PvP flag up, which in my knowledge is only automatically done in enemy cities.

Just asking because i'm intrested, still figuring out which kind of server is best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom