ppl who i no are traters to midguard realm

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
Perhaps everyone didn't pay attention in school when they had english lessons ?
I know didn't... but my english getts better by the day instead of some ppl that doesn't even bother to improve their english.
insted dey rite laik dis, cuz dey havent even locked on how teh oter ppl rite..

this is a good example: "ppl who i no are traters to midguard realm"
lets correct it a bit: ppl who I know that are traitors towards the realm of midgard

I have left out "ppl" since it's an acronym and not a correct word.

Urme the Legend said:
I know my english grammar sucks.. but I can spell though :) .. I hope :(
Aye, you seem to know how to spell :)
And grammar ain't so easy all the time, so i dont blame you.
One of the girls i play with used to have huge grammar problems, but after chating with me for a few months, her grammars have really been improved..
And i must say that I'm not a total hardcore fotm engslish pro, so I make spelling mistakes and make sentences that might look like im a huge Yoda fan (witch I actually am).

:wij:

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
Zaphira said:
I know didn't... but my english getts better by the day instead of some ppl that doesn't even bother to improve their english.
insted dey rite laik dis, cuz dey havent even locked on how teh oter ppl rite..

this is a good example: "ppl who i no are traters to midguard realm"
lets correct it a bit: ppl who I know that are traitors towards the realm of midgard

I have left out "ppl" since it's an acronym and not a correct word.

Aye, you seem to know how to spell :)
And grammar ain't so easy all the time, so i dont blame you.
One of the girls i play with used to have huge grammar problems, but after chating with me for a few months, her grammars have really been improved..
And i must say that I'm not a total hardcore fotm engslish pro, so I make spelling mistakes and make sentences that might look like im a huge Yoda fan (witch I actually am).

:wij:

It just might be that in this case the guy simply has dyslexia.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
Perhaps everyone didn't pay attention in school when they had english lessons :confused: I know my english grammar sucks.. but I can spell though :) .. I hope :(

/looks at urmes nick

I r not u1!111

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure atleast 70% of daoc players have dyslexia. I mean how can people speak like they do ingame without some sort of.. disability?

And I'm not just talking about bad grammar. There's something about DAoC that makes people talk like retards. Ofcourse this same thing happens in most online games but not as strong as it does in daoc from my experience.

Silly game! :twak:

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
only 70%?! I would have guessed at a greater number.. but ok :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I think its probably because people don't bother checking spelling for games. I only say this because i've just finished writing a letter and I made sure all the spelling was right, I double checked it for grammer to make sure I hadn't made any mistakes. I made the format all pretty, so the date is in bold and in a slightly larger font, and in all this is a pretty sexy letter - tbh if I was so inclined I would probably follow this letter home from a club and rape it its so god-damn sexy!

...and then I play DAoC... well ok, so I havn't played in a while (curse you KoTOR!!!) - but I still use the forums and its not like I check spelling or grammer. Tbh I don't see the point, its not like i'm trying to impress anyone, its not like my ego needs such a bolster that i'll be sitting with a dictionary checking every word i've typed. Hell if people did that ingame it would probably take half an hour for everyone to say Hello when they first login!

Basically my point (and sorry its so long, i'm just in a longwinded mood at the moment) is that spelling is always going to be less than perfect when done in an informal atmosphere, its not like anything vitally important is hinged on a forum post (well... for most people anyway) so there's really no point in going to any great lengths as long as you can get your point across.

That said, there is a point (see original poster) where you really should check your posts over. Misspelling the odd word isn't a crime, but when every other word is misspelled... Urrr... bleh, I can't think of what to say to that. Just assume it was somthing witty... please? :D

Oh, and Kindar don't lie - you live on a submarine and share a bunk with a hairy sailor named Knutz, we've seen the photos :p

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
Couldn't agree with you more..
ingame it's a bit harsh if they start too search through dictionarys just to find out one word to make the sentence better formulated..
But if you know that you are really bad at english it's very important that you atleast try to write as simple as possible so ppl atleast understand what you're trying to say..
I have been on many hunts/raids where ppl have tryed to explain something and i cant even understand as much as a third of the sentence..

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Zaphira said:
only 70%?! I would have guessed at a greater number.. but ok :p

I didn't want to be too mean.. :)

And Archeon I agree with you, no one should expect people to speak like a living dictionary in game but that's not what I ment anyway, hell English is my third language and I'm far from perfect. :)

Sounding like a retard I ment basically this "halo m8y buff plx XDDD" stuff. It just makes me go :eek2:

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Cerralin said:
Chronic where was that screenie taken? Looks good, whats going on?

Thats the Goodbye meeting for an Hib in Emain. Think he died in RL.

Can't remember his name.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
Oh, and Kindar don't lie - you live on a submarine and share a bunk with a hairy sailor named Knutz, we've seen the photos :p

(sound from a Tomahawk missile being launched with the direction at Archeon)

Well...at least this submarine got some nice utility :flame:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know what's wrong with people who can't type. I find their sentenses adorable and funny :)

When I saw ': ppl who i no are traters to midguard realm' I was like 'LMAO', was laughing so hard :). It is not nice, but still funny :D.

70% is a bit too much, most people often make typos on intention (like I did with urmes post).

Also, I don't really watch if I use capital letters for each name I type, it seems like a normal everyday thing in daoc when I see 'hey loth...' etc.

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
aye about names, i try to start them with capital letters when i post on forums, but i might miss it some times.. and ingame i start names with capital letters very seldomly.
But it's allways good to think about what you write, and not just type like a retard because you're too lazy to try.

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
Cerralin said:
Chronic where was that screenie taken? Looks good, whats going on?

it looks like when all realms held a truce to remember a player who died. It went well then all hell happened, turned into a massive gank fest. Some blamed mids, some blamed albs, some blamed hibs. I just remember the lag was unreal.

His guild was stood in the middle, the rest of all the 3 realms stood in the circle.
Was nice to stand by someone I fought with in game, next to me, waving etc, just a pity the whole thing ended badly

SeeN

Fledgling Freddie
Wela said:
they are traitors cozz they want duels with an irl friends?
Explain me it, i cant understand :O

i Was there... nice duels guys! :)

Not to defend this kindda stupid thread, but isnt setting up duels between realms against CoC?

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
But they're so laughable :p
true true... especially when they are telling some joke, and you're not laughing because the joke was funny.. you're laughing because you cant understand what he is trying to say :cheers:

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
tippers said:
why ppl think thay were grys in df i dont no it was in HW alb land and as thay do this in the open well what els can be sed thay are jusr dicks in skerts is all i can say about them

if ppl wana agrang things like that from hibs to alb to mids then do it were ppl ant gana see em do it

Givf translation! Btw, footie season starting soon, should keep you occupied :p

Zaphira

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
Givf translation! Btw, footie season starting soon, should keep you occupied :p
will do :)

step 1: correct the spelling mistakes.

Why ppl think they were greys in df I dont know it was in HW alb land and as they do this in the open well what else can be said they are just dicks in skirts is all i can say about them

if ppl wanna agrrange things like that from hibs to alb to mids then do it were ppl ain't gonna see em do it.

step 2: change the sentence so it actually will be several of em, as it should be.

I dont know why ppl think they were grey cons in DF. It was in HW, alb land. And as they do this in the open. Well what else can be said? They are just dicks in skirts. That is all i can say about them.

If ppl wanna agrrange things like that from hibs to alb to mids, then do it were ppl ain't gonna see em do it.

I dont really know what he was trying to say in the last part so shit the same :)

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
You of course do realise that a minority of people registered at FH may have some kind of disability and hence not be in full control of their written English?.
ADHD and Dyslexia, to name a few, are disabilities/disorders that CAN be causes of bad English grammer.
I just find it disturbing how the focus has changed from original post topic to ridicule of bad English and personal abuse of original poster.
Most of us who do not have any disorder/disability take simple actions (such as English Language) for granted.

Just my two-pence worth and not spell checked.

tippers

Fledgling Freddie
re thorns post

thanks thorn m8 for standing up for me as you no I am dislexick and most ppl who wish to try and take the water out of me can do so at there own perals as i no what i can do and will do to any 1 who wishes to have a go at me

not meny ppl beleev things i have dun till i show them now now now shall i dun all IP#s down so i can start to teach the dick yess dicks who thing corect english spelling is every thing i think so this may take sum sum weeks as there seems to be qite a lot of dicks who have swayed from my ariginal post on this farum of the REALM TRATERS YESS TRATERS WHO JUST STAND ROUND AND DO JAKE SH'''' TO HELP UTHERE MIDS OUT

letthem kepe slagging ppl off and do as thay wish i will have my reveng on them this i am very good at :puke:
#

if u wish to have screen shot of about 6 mids standing round with hibs and doing nothing at all plz o plz email me
names of them are
1) thorondhor (guild=colosos de nibelh)
2) wolfshed (guild=colosos de nibelh)
3) tesi (guild=colosos de nibelh)
4)everlyn (guild fellowship of midguard)
only got 4 on screen shot befor the hibs killd me and utheres were about of rang for uthere svreen shot

well i no ppl sit in internet cafs all night long and play this game but there is no need for ppl to do things like this lot are doing

good luck to midguard realm if this is the attatude of ppl who play it

why bother with haveing uthere realms if ppl dont bother to play this find game

i dun no

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom