Ppl getting banned for "foul" language now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
retarded reason for banning someone, retarded reason to report someone. looks like there is alot of retards in the game
see, once again your thickest of skulls has failed to grasp this - if you are too thick to understand what has been quoted in this thread a hundred bajillion times, and can still say the reason for the ban is "retarded" (a word you use a lot, but, once again haven't given a nanosecond of thought into the meaning or implication behind) then you are obviously just here to cause arguments, sew bad feeling amongst an otherwise fun community and act like a prick.

There you go, summed up in one - aaaand LOCK IT! :D

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Rediknight said:
and can still say the reason for the ban is "retarded" (a word you use a lot, but, once again haven't given a nanosecond of thought into the meaning or implication behind)

Thank you Redi.

I too hate how people use this word without really thinking about what it means. There are a lot of "retarded" people out there, all of them unique and most are quite charming. I wouldn't react if you used "blonde" or "dutch" or "left-handed" or whatever.. but these people can't defend themselves so if people could leave them the f*ck alone that would be appreciated.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
This thread is ace, I was out yesterday mostly so kinda missed teh last 3 pages... Just catching up :)

Soo many quotes to rep, so little time!

Zede

Part of the furniture
http://www.sigg3.net/myself/fuck.html

Couldnt give a flying fuck if anyone swears at me in game or out of game, .

its impossible to swear, the reaction to a word is in the mind of the beholder.

all the time invested banning people, should basically be put to better use, there are 1001 things to improve in the game, yes waste time/effort/paperwork in zee pointless ban !

FUCK YOU ( see the link, mp3 bit at bottom :p)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
wow, this thread still active??

read the CoC. It clearly states what you can and cannot do. If you don't grasp the reason why it's in there, atleast grasp the reason of getting a ban if you don't follow it.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
wow, this thread still active??

read the CoC. It clearly states what you can and cannot do. If you don't grasp the reason why it's in there, atleast grasp the reason of getting a ban if you don't follow it.
:clap: well said.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
i didnt get banned i just read about someone getting banned for swearing and was outraged - hence thread ^^

So your not a bully, just someone who REALY is not in touch with comon decency.

Isgaroth ( Also known as Mash or Ths) whom Spetsnaz is refering too died the 8th November 2005 of Leukemia.

NOW you tell me Mr Defender of the Weak whats worth defending? Someone who has experienced a geniun loss or someone who didnt get the Realm points he wanted freaked out and got a temporaly ban to a game he can return too?

Bullies dont need defenders they need a swift slap over the head with a soggy cookie.

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
you got 2 things to stop that kind of things off. if you do not like bad words /filter if they are annoying /ignore

GOA is banning people for that? when they have made that kind of commands to stop that thing with with?
they made /emotes

you get fucking banned for spamming it over 5times.

you get banned on the ways how GOA made the game?

can't they make a (YOU HAVE EMOTED THAT TARGET MAXIMUM LIMIT NOW)

or just keep that filter on all the time?

and ignore is a thing you choose yourself.

you even get banned if you got a irl friend in daoc that play's another realm did you know that?
you even get banned if you leave a msg from someone to another guy in your realm.
there is so many fucked up ways to get banned.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Zede said:
all the time invested banning people, should basically be put to better use, there are 1001 things to improve in the game, yes waste time/effort/paperwork in zee pointless ban !

aaaaand 999 of those things cant be done by GOA as they do NOT have the license to alter any of the acual game codes apart from translating. NO the GOA events arent even coded here last i saw a GM speak about it. they tell Mythic what they want and they code it and send it here.

so there :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Airwalker said:

ITS NOT GOA THATS MAKING THE GAME! its been explained around 15 million times (make that 15 million and 1 now) by now that its Mythic that makes it. ;)

the game is what? 4 years old and ppl STILL dont know?

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
They don't have the capacity to understand it seems :( Everything is always someone else's fault and there are always excuses for their actions.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Airwalker said:
you got 2 things to stop that kind of things off. if you do not like bad words /filter if they are annoying /ignore

GOA is banning people for that? when they have made that kind of commands to stop that thing with with?
they made /emotes

you get fucking banned for spamming it over 5times.

can't they make a (YOU HAVE EMOTED THAT TARGET MAXIMUM LIMIT NOW)

or just keep that filter on all the time?

and ignore is a thing you choose yourself.

you even get banned if you got a irl friend in daoc that play's another realm did you know that?
you even get banned if you leave a msg from someone to another guy in your realm.
there is so many fucked up ways to get banned.

It's quite easy to avoid a ban too. READ THE FUCKING CoC.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh i dont think they should have to change the game.Theres too much of this nowadays with folks not wanting to take responsibility for their own actions an instead expecting whoevers in charge to prevent them doing daft stuff. Rather then have a nanny state how bout having the option to do something but choosing not to either because its against the rules or even better because u actually try to be the bigger man/woman and behave in a manner that garners respect.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
lilmissnaughty said:
Tbh i dont think they should have to change the game.Theres too much of this nowadays with folks not wanting to take responsibility for their own actions an instead expecting whoevers in charge to prevent them doing daft stuff. Rather then have a nanny state how bout having the option to do something but choosing not to either because its against the rules or even better because u actually try to be the bigger man/woman and behave in a manner that garners respect.

Sooooo many people I want to quote and rep in this thread but you just described it best of all so I'm quoteing and repping you!

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Spetsnaz said:
than why u started this thread?.

cos i wanted to see how many replies it would get and how many flames i could generate, why else? :)

well also to highlight the hypocrisy of ppl reporting and ppl being banned for using language which is masked and invisible BY DEFAULT.

Spetsnaz said:
outraged? did u cheaked my SS? and tell me who must be outraged?

who said this thread has anything to do with your thread? i haven't even read your thread.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Telling someone to fuck off is different from just swearing.

no its the same thing, doh! and if it offends you so much i ask again, why did u turn off /filter?

hypocrites, control freeks and ppl who get thier world view from reading 'The Sun' abound.

fear not, i've replaced my "FUCK OFF YOU LEECHING C*NTS!!1" macro with a "BE GONE FOUL INTERLOPERS THINE STENCH OFFENDS ME!" macro... i don't suppose it'll stop you and ppl like u conciously and deliberately spoiling fg fights you'd be incapable of winning yourself but hey, it'll make me feel better.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of good posts here as someone above posted.

Most seem to be missing the point here though - when you log in you accept the CoC, whether you read it or not doesnt matter, you accepted the terms for playing this game, and if you dont uphold these GOA may have to take some action - how hard is that to comprehend?

Requiel already stated everything is looked on in its full context so I doubt someone that didnt 'deserve it' got banned.

I kinda like that mods here try to enforce some of the same rules, do remember that threatening someone on their life is punishable by prison in most countries. Just as many service providers are now taking heat for letting child rapists into their chatrooms, GOA can also be held responsible for what happens in their 'chatroom'.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
cos i wanted to see how many replies it would get and how many flames i could generate, why else?

well also to highlight the hypocrisy of ppl reporting and ppl being banned for using language which is masked and invisible BY DEFAULT.

who said this thread has anything to do with your thread? i haven't even read your thread.

So you started this to get attention? awww. Here have Some :twak: attention let me know :twak: when you have had :twak: your fill :twak:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Like as if the /filter filters every swear word.. I could think of quite a few who would not be filtered and those are only English ones not even talking about other languages.
Point is if you feel the need to swear at or insult someone over a game just do yourself and others a favour and just /q.

If you play a game and get so furious that you feel the need to throw random insults at people that do not want to play according to your self made rules then you better go and play a different game that does meet your requirements of what is fun for you.

Also do you really think if you say:
"Omfg you stupid leechers/adders stop adding you <some random insults here>"
Do you really think people will go like:
"Oh now I will never ever do it again ever because he insulted me :("
Personally if someone would say that to me I'd make sure to 'add' extra much next time I see him just to provoke him, however if the person would send me something like:
"Hi would you mind to not join the fight next time as we are trying to have an 8v8 and we like to keep it as 'fair' as possible"
Then the chance that I would respect the thing that person wants to do alot sooner than if you would have said the first thing.

Treat people as you would like to be treated and you will get alot more done and that does not only count for DAoC.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Ah bah wanted to give you a Rep point Dimse but I can't for some reason :(
I'll give you a cookie instead!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
no its the same thing, doh! and if it offends you so much i ask again, why did u turn off /filter?

hypocrites, control freeks and ppl who get thier world view from reading 'The Sun' abound.

fear not, i've replaced my "FUCK OFF YOU LEECHING C*NTS!!1" macro with a "BE GONE FOUL INTERLOPERS THINE STENCH OFFENDS ME!" macro... i don't suppose it'll stop you and ppl like u conciously and deliberately spoiling fg fights you'd be incapable of winning yourself but hey, it'll make me feel better.

And at the last, having failed to get anywhere intellectually, Konah resorts to his usual form of attack. I don't know which has been more amusing - your inability to differentiate between swearing and abuse, your pretention at being a martial artist when you clearly haven't grasped the most basic of principles or the irony of you calling other people hypocrites ( you do know what the word means right?). Then again, perhaps amusing isn't the right word. I think just plain old sad might be more apt.

Tilda

Konah said:

Hahaha, can you name 1 broadsheet?! :D

secondly, if you wern't being an ass i'd rep you for the 2nd bit :p

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Can this be locked now?

please? I'm fed up with this little pissant Konah - if he cannot grasp or even understand the very valid posts that have tried to explain the concept of "community" then i'm not going to waste anymore of my time trying to convince him.

He'll be one of these little chuff-monkeys who think that they can coast through life saying what he likes to anyone he likes, under the pretence that he's a tall, fat, Monkey Magic emulating scotsman, when he's probably a 3 foot 6 inch 13 year old, until the day comes when he finds out that acting like this is a sure way to get a real genuine kicking from someone who hasn't the mental capacity to explain all this in words... or worse... :|

Please, just lock this sham of a thread and deprive this guy of anymore attention...

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Think you'll find Spetsnaz's screenshot was in this thread, Konah, and shows what was actually said which led to this bad. (And led several people to say 'perma ban would have been better' - Bit harsh in my book, as he was clearly on a borrowed account - though glad I don't lend mine out)

On the martial arts thing, I've done none. However, I have been accused of it, by someone I almost had a fight with. He'd been rather unpleasant (no details) to a female friend of mine, and myself and a friend went to tell him to back off and apologise. As I was a lot smaller and narrower than him (though I'm 6' 2"), but was standing 'in his face', looking totally confident (I was - confident that if anything started - I'd hit the deck fast - I'm no fighter), calm and collected, he was convinced I was a black belt, and became so nervous he wouldn't even talk til I left. Master the ability to be that controlled when angry, Konah, and we may believe you when it comes to Martial arts.

Broadsheets - The Grauniad (though now a bit tabloid in size), and the Daily Torygraph. Not sure I know any other 'standard' silly names.

Darzil

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Ah bah wanted to give you a Rep point Dimse but I can't for some reason :(
I'll give you a cookie instead!

YAY cookies =D *pokes out her tongue at Konah because she got the cookie and he got non!*

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Darzil said:
Think you'll find Spetsnaz's screenshot was in this thread, Konah, and shows what was actually said which led to this bad. (And led several people to say 'perma ban would have been better' - Bit harsh in my book, as he was clearly on a borrowed account - though glad I don't lend mine out)

On the martial arts thing, I've done none. However, I have been accused of it, by someone I almost had a fight with. He'd been rather unpleasant (no details) to a female friend of mine, and myself and a friend went to tell him to back off and apologise. As I was a lot smaller and narrower than him (though I'm 6' 2"), but was standing 'in his face', looking totally confident (I was - confident that if anything started - I'd hit the deck fast - I'm no fighter), calm and collected, he was convinced I was a black belt, and became so nervous he wouldn't even talk til I left. Master the ability to be that controlled when angry, Konah, and we may believe you when it comes to Martial arts.

Broadsheets - The Grauniad (though now a bit tabloid in size), and the Daily Torygraph. Not sure I know any other 'standard' silly names.

Darzil

I've done jui-jitsu for 19 almost 20 years now. I've got my third and final dan (black belt) in June this year. I'm 6 foot 7 tall.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Lamp said:
I've done jui-jitsu for 19 almost 20 years now. I've got my third and final dan (black belt) in June this year. I'm 6 foot 7 tall.

I practise Origami daily, I have made a boat, I am eleventy 5 foot tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom