Ppl getting banned for "foul" language now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
what the fucking fuck!?

/filter is the DEFAULT if u dont want to see/enjoy foul language leave it ON!

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Filter doesn't help me much if someone's throwing abuse at me y'know.

Not that I have ever had to report anyone for it ^^

Digi

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe it was the way it was said ? like Dirl or something along them lines :confused:

W

Whitefall

I think it's fine just as long as you don't evade the filter or harass someone constantly with abuse, but then, that's what /ignore is for :p

spook

Fledgling Freddie
stop being f'ing idiots (not pointed at people in thread, but generally) and you might not have to complain about being reported and banned?

It's hard being sensible.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah cause words mean so much!!!!

words kill, and eat babies too

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
if someone was banned for JUST saying a foul word, then it is wrong, as you mention the /filter command

But if they was harrasing, yelling at people for breaking an unwritten rule, telling people to fuck off, etc..

Then they did warn you in last friday news...

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
/filter doesn't help against germans telling you your mother should die of aids irl (happened to me on Camlann a few times, probably had something to do with me telling them i was reporting them for bug abuse)

I don't believe goa bans 1st time offenders for foul language but i can understand they permanuke people who got a few temp bans for it

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Iceforge said:
telling people to fuck off

generally ppl who get told to fuck off have earned it and if they didnt want to hear it they should either: cease and desist the behaviour which caused said outburst, or return /filter to its default setting.

or are u trying to say if i substituted "go away" for "fuck off" i would still get banned? cos its the behaviour rather than the words? i dont think so :)

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
it is a role playing game tho, so cursing isnt really something that belongs in this game.. thats at least my opinion.. but i would not ban them for bad language

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Sharaft said:
it is a role playing game tho, so cursing isnt really something that belongs in this game.. thats at least my opinion.. but i would not ban them for bad language

What if you're roleplaying as an abusive drunk?

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Konah said:
generally ppl who get told to fuck off have earned it and if they didnt want to hear it they should either: cease and desist the behaviour which caused said outburst, or return /filter to its default setting.

or are u trying to say if i substituted "go away" for "fuck off" i would still get banned? cos its the behaviour rather than the words? i dont think so :)

Im sorry, bad selection of words, as "fuck off" would clearly become "qH/#s off" or simuliar, but when people do like "FFS, go away you freaking n00bies, don't freaking ADD, you have no life, FOAD" etc etc, where filter don't cover it, I'm all in for a BAN.

No, not that I am in favour of the RP RvR style "KEEL THE ENEMIES!", where you add on all fights, but if I'm running with a friend, see some albs and start attacking them, only to discover later, that right behind those trees, some FG mid had engaged the rest of the FG of albs, so I accidentially added (this have accuallty happened), and then was told foul things in /s and a few in /send, then really, I wished I back then had just reported the guy and got him a little ban, cause I was not like we added on purpose and we was not told anything nicely first, I don't mind getting a /send with "Please don't add" and I usually obey that, as I don't add on purpose, but if the l33t squad just skip the polite part, excuse me for being a tard and reporting then...

Hellsvip

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing is a faster learning curve than having your group give you a good verbal bollocking.

This to me seems like a way of making the need for bollockings increase as more people escape the learning curve!.

Personally this seems stupid to me as people interact this is a negative reactions to something you disagree and well if you think foul language is something that is so "oh my god my eyes it burns it burns" then surely you should get back to searching something like carebears online because last i checked foul words never killed, and if you did not like it fine ignore them turn filter on, or just hurl a few back for the sake of it.

I find this idea that everyone needs to be looked after like they are 10 again to be abysmal my advice create a server that can ban for foul language and let those who want that go on it, lets see how populated it is.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Hellsvip said:
you should get back to searching something like carebears online

sad thing is: in todays society there are prolly many 5yrs olds who have told thier carebear to fuck off or accused it of stealing thier stash :(

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
So, then, you're coming round to everyone's houses to set up their rpfilters so they can't see what you're saying, so you can be an arse without them noticing ?

Or you going to grow up and stop thinking that swearing is clever ?

This is a game for all cultures and lots of age groups, what's acceptible in your circle of friends is not necessarily what's acceptable in Camelot. If the language isn't acceptable for teaching to 12 year olds, or in front of your 80 year old relative, it's not acceptable.

Live with it.

If being an arse was bannable, we'd have a more fun game. Sadly only some aspects of it are bannable.

Darzil

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharaft said:

but im roleplaying a drunken troll that swears and cheats people all the time in jordheim? :(

this is actacully the first thing people should learn once plugging in their modem, and that is to not take people too seriously over the internet :p and you can allways ignore people who say anything, not like written verbal abuse has any "strenght" in itself.

but i agreek to some extent, that if someone is spamming another playing, logging in other chars once you have ignored some and still spamming then its time to report :p

but for someone saying for example: "fucking you fucking blalbalbla class, i hope you die irl" is not to be taken too harsh :p people react different when they get upset, and if they use those words then you just ignore them, thats what its there for :p (and imo its pretty stupid to be offended by someone who would "abuse" you with such language when you only know him over an internet game).

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
What if you're roleplaying as an abusive drunk?

From experience in other forms of roleplaying, the usual guide is :

In an adults only game, totally acceptable.
In a family game, find another character to roleplay.

Darzil

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Foul language can be filtered out, but (and lets face it, we can all see WHY this threads appeared :m00: ) if you feel it necessary to actually twink words to avoid the filter (cvnt, fvck, w4nker, etc) then you are aiming to insult and offend someone. No excuses - you act like a prick, you get banned.

If you swear in open channel once, then it's not hard to "/s sorry guys, mt" and get on with your day. People will see that and see whats happened and maybe offended, but can understand human error. If your frustrated and you swear at someone - again, just apologise in the same channel to "anyone that was offended, im sorry" and voila...

You people saying that those offended by swearing enough to report you are as bad as them swearing - stop being so f*cking pathetic - there are things in this world im sure you find offensive enough to comment on and to be honest whining is more damaging to my ears than swearing :m00:

stfu, all of yers... ;)

Hellsvip

Fledgling Freddie
Most 12 year olds can put you to shame when it comes to foul language and get a grand parent drunk and listen.

Simply put soon in this game they might as well take out the character being hit sounds it might traumatise our younger player hearing a troll in pain.

Oh and Drazil unless you turned filter off you will not see the swearing anyway so they had to actually put the effort in to see the bad language. So need i set it up no, its already there they have just said let me see naughty words plz, if you bypass that fine ban but if i say "fuck" you should see *SDX well woop de doo i really upset you with that. Unless you turned the filter off in which case you said you wanted to see all naughty words.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
its mostly those 12 yo that are saying FOAD Scumbag etc etc

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
then again you will find alot more swearing in games like counterstrike, wich is alot more "youth" playing than adult.

swearing is not clever, just degrades yourself :p buts its definatly common, so i dont see why we have to be so stubborn here.

just /ignore, and go kill them, or enjoy when whine if you prefer that :p

in short swear words mean nothing on internet, as you simply cant insult someone by swearing - thats not the way it works.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Hellsvip said:
Most 12 year olds can put you to shame when it comes to foul language and get a grand parent drunk and listen.

Note I said for 'teaching to a 12 year old'.

I know they swear, I also know that people who have grown up don't teach them to do it !

And as you say, many people who've got so drunk they lose control and behave badly swear.

You saying we should imitate infants and drunkards when sober, as our guide to how to behave ?

Darzil

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
or just ignore it, and dont get all winded up about it, as its nothing new.

Hellsvip

Fledgling Freddie
Nope i am saying that at the end of the day it does not actually affect anyone you have the choice to see it or not, I never try to go around the filter so none of my words unless i am being creative go passed it.

So i see no reason why anyone should actually care since if they find it offensive in the first place i make no attempt to go passed any filter, as for the 12 year olds and teaching the parents have done a fine job by letting them online with a few fast searches they can find stuff that makes me sick.

Yep and you will find most sober people when angry will usually result to a few of your naughtier words does that mean we should break down in tears and go crying for help.

When they try to break it past filter like Fvck or Cvnt thats bannable but saying it plainly so filter can detect and block it I see no problem.

Or hell shall we get a watershed hour no naughty words until after 9pm when the kids have gone to bed?

Hellsvip

Fledgling Freddie
*approaches with a pointy stick*

We are coming to get your precious bubble world :twak:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom