Ppl getting banned for "foul" language now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
see how easy it is

cept in my case its true :) and most black belts suck tbh. can get a black belt just turning up and going thru the motions for 4yrs. doesn't mean your a martial artist.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
when Bruce Lee was asked what belt he got he replied: "a leather one" (telling about the belt he was wearing... hehe)

Konah who was the one using ur account i still wonder as he didnt said? could u possible tell me huh?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Konah said:
cept in my case its true :) and most black belts suck tbh. can get a black belt just turning up and going thru the motions for 4yrs. doesn't mean your a martial artist.
I said seventh degree black belt, not first-kyu black belt. Reading comprehension ftw.

Tilda

Konah said:
i do. i'm a live and let live kinda guy irl. i don't kill any living thing if it can be avoided and i eat the minimum of meat respectfully. since doing martial arts i would never instigate violence and would only ever act in self-defence, where the law (and the witnesses) is/are on my side.

konah in game said:
If i knew where you lived, i'd kick your arse

mmk.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
lol this thread is sooooo on its way to getting locked :p

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
martial arts dont mean that much imo...ye u can have black belts an shit....but see how good u are when some1 twats u in the back of the head with a spade/bat ect.ect......ye it teaches u to defend yaself but dont make you invicible an give you eyes in the back of ya head an if some1 that can hit like a truck lands one on ya your fucked cos u WILL go down an its just a case of IF they let you back up....which personally when i get into a fight i dont let them back up...if they done an dusted leave em....if they try get back up for more...hit em again...lol :p

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Ryuno said:
lol this thread is sooooo on its way to getting locked :p
oh, thank <insert fotm diety here> for that... :m00:

I know what would look good here!!

40mm-padlock.jpg

i think it adds a certain something :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
hehe, shoot me maybe, they wouldnt be fast enough to glass me. and i dont wanna go into what i'd do to someone who tried :)

I wonder what made them want to glass you in the first place...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
i do. i'm a live and let live kinda guy irl.

Well how you come across here (and in game) is different. I can only base my view of you on what I see here. If I've got you wrong then you gotta ask yourself how I got that impression.

Konah said:
this is an internet game, not real life, fyi. and tbh you dont know anything about me either in game or irl. we've spoken maybe twice? lol tbh. you've heard stuff? no doubt...

Well actually although we're playing a computer game, it is real life. People playing the game have direct experiences which can and do affect them emotionally. And I've had a number of interactions with you both in game and on here that form my view of you (which of course you have every right to dismiss... ). I don't base anything on what others say. As I said before, if I've got you wrong then that's down to how you come across here.

Konah said:
repeated abuse of the vicious and spiteful kind can and should be punished. swearing (which you chose to view by disabling /filter) no matter how free flowing, should not.

Which is pretty much what I and others have said throughout (with the specific bit about swearing at someone as opposed to just swearing) - so why are we debating it ?

Himse

FH is my second home
i saw an admin post

but he didnt lock it

i laugh

:<

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
martial arts dont mean that much imo...ye u can have black belts an shit....but see how good u are when some1 twats u in the back of the head with a spade/bat ect.ect......ye it teaches u to defend yaself but dont make you invicible an give you eyes in the back of ya head an if some1 that can hit like a truck lands one on ya your fucked cos u WILL go down an its just a case of IF they let you back up....which personally when i get into a fight i dont let them back up...if they done an dusted leave em....if they try get back up for more...hit em again...lol :p

Let me gues..it was your english teacher....am I right?

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Dimse Dut said:
Let me gues..it was your english teacher....am I right?
hahah the grammar thing again is it? ye i admit my grammar sucks.....but i really dont give a flyin fuck.....if you think it really bothers me that you pick on my english skills then think again....just cos i aint good at grammar does that make my opinion less worthy than the next guys?? if you think so then i think thats fucked up cos if some1 aint great at writing what they think it dont make what they think less valuable
but anyway...you could be a rapist....an good at english...that make you a good person?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Konah said:

True, but as a martial artist you should also know that using it for anything other than self defence would put you in a whole world of trouble with the fuzz. You would be the one getting done for Assault with a dealdly weapon instead of the standard GBH or ABH.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
im 6foot3, 18stone, martial arts trained with an evil scots temper and a crew cut. i think theres a fair chance he would /ignore me tbh.

bad analogy perhaps ;)

Martial Arts my lady shaver HA! What you went to was Bully Camp. Telling someone to go die in rl isnt swearing that is malicious. Granted in Rl you might be able to intimidate people into not telling you to your face your a Meany Ol goat but that doesnt change the fact that you are one. Now you got your Bad self banned for picking on someone who had the guts to report it and what do you? You come here on FH and want sympathy? Sorry but you got what you deserved for that remark.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
hahah the grammar thing again is it? ye i admit my grammar sucks.....but i really dont give a flyin fuck.....if you think it really bothers me that you pick on my english skills then think again....just cos i aint good at grammar does that make my opinion less worthy than the next guys?? if you think so then i think thats fucked up cos if some1 aint great at writing what they think it dont make what they think less valuable
but anyway...you could be a rapist....an good at english...that make you a good person?

Your right and Im sorry but it just popped into my head when I read it.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Spetsnaz said:
Konah who was the one using ur account i still wonder as he didnt said? could u possible tell me huh?

i didnt get banned i just read about someone getting banned for swearing and was outraged - hence thread ^^

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Which is pretty much what I and others have said throughout (with the specific bit about swearing at someone as opposed to just swearing) - so why are we debating it ?

i'm not, you lot are. if u read the original thread starting post it refers to someone swearing, ie someone telling someone to 'fuck off', not "d*e irl your mom sux cock in hell" type shit. kinda obvious to any human being that type of abuse can and should be punished.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Cemeterygates said:
martial arts dont mean that much imo...

yeye. i thought i could fight before i did martial arts too. standing at the back wall at the demo with my barbell pumped arms thinkin to myself "yeah! show me smth, martial arts pffff" ...and he did.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
i didnt get banned i just read about someone getting banned for swearing and was outraged - hence thread ^^
than why u started this thread?

outraged?

did u cheaked my SS? and tell me who must be outraged?

and after this post comes the second one even better:
Konah said:
i'm not, you lot are. if u read the original thread starting post it refers to someone swearing, ie someone telling someone to 'fuck off', not "d*e irl your mom sux cock in hell" type shit. kinda obvious to any human being that type of abuse can and should be punished.

u smoking something or what? first u say u was outraged that some1 got banned than u say that this deserves to be punished...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
newasana.jpg

phear the mighty konah!

anyway, my dad is probably bigger than his.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I did karate for 12 years, then discovered beer and pizza, now im too fat to fight my way out of a kebab box.

Back to the subject, its still against the COC n that, and reading those SS, ban away, I think he got off lightly, my nerf bat woulda gone a lot longer.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
"With karate I'll kick your arse
Here to Tiennamen Square.
Oh yeah, motherf*cker,
I'm gonna kick your f*ckin' derriere.
You broke the rules,
Now I'll pull out all your pubic hair,
You motherf*cker
You motherf*ckerrrrrr"

Thank you, i'm here all week - please, try the fish...

:m00:

Beovulf

Fledgling Freddie
Malice such as calling someone a 'fucker' or some such is totally out of order an' childish, considering its a game. If the 'fuckers' breaking the rules of the game jus' report them. If not, tough! :touch:

Kinda ironic im saying dont swear an gratuitously using the fuck word :twak:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

Telling someone to fuck off is different from just swearing. That's the whole point - when it's directed at someone then it becomes abuse and therefore unacceptable.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
evzy said:
Tbh after reading that I would have banned him perma. His language and comments kinda reflect a teenager at best as well not an adult. If that isnt his account as well but his mates and I was his mate - I would kick several shades out of him for behaving like that on chars that arent his..

DAOC doesnt need people like that tbh.

sure they do, they are great rps! and you dont have to talk with them if they are in the other realm ;) , or if you know how to use ignore.. then again i see verbal abuse as someone throwing some water on me while im swimming (and i dont mean some monsoon wave).

Lethul

FH is my second home
retarded reason for banning someone, retarded reason to report someone. looks like there is alot of retards in the game

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
oh wait just saw "Reported you for emote spam" in that SS ok, well he can deserve a ban then =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom