Post your warlock experiences here

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
mirari:

By level 50 you'll be able to do about 7 casts on a full power bar with a reasonable template with +%power... all uninterruptably and casting at about 1s, have 3 chambers and cast at about 2.3 seconds using the powerless primer

raging power, tartaros gift will let you cast for longer...

nasty!

/cwy :(

Bloodclot

Banned
most of the warlocks on mid/excal atm have the spec 50/20.
for the 20power/tick. 2 chambers and maximum damage.

at low rr/no toa they can moc for 4nukes and power is gone. +2 chambers still up.

1 warlock killed my zerker in a test duel. 2500hp 18matter resists.
took him ~3secs. 540ish damage with lifetaps etc as top damage.

he was kinda out of power then, but quick full power again cause of that "self-fop".

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
mirari:

By level 50 you'll be able to do about 7 casts on a full power bar with a reasonable template with +%power... all uninterruptably and casting at about 1s, have 3 chambers and cast at about 2.3 seconds using the powerless primer

raging power, tartaros gift will let you cast for longer...

nasty!

/cwy :(

That % thingie has been confusing me a bit, you are sure that extra % power bonus works that way? ie more casts even tho uninterruptable is % based?

Considering rest of your post:

Warlocks op? I don't know what youre talking about... :flame:

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, all % power cost spells are calculated on your base power pool, not your power after +% power pool, i.e. more +% power = more casts of % power cost spells. This is the same for e.g. theurg pets.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian said:
Yes, all % power cost spells are calculated on your base power pool, not your power after +% power pool, i.e. more +% power = more casts of % power cost spells. This is the same for e.g. theurg pets.

oooo shiny, me like!

thanks for clearing that up, ill just head home now and continue leveling my cuddly OP class :cheers:

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Im D/L catacombs atm. I hope mid for once get an equal or even better
caster than alb and hib realm for once. Guess I will find out in a couple
of weeks. :)

What specs is good for warlocks btw?
Is thier pbaoe useful?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Reavers get a spot in FC grps for abs debuff aura/slam and twf/bomb. they make tower 'cleaning' viable and easy, twf3 is just too good not to have in the grp in NF. its well known reaver dmg sux anywhere but the rear.. but oh boy they get behind you and u are in a world of hurt :m00:

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
TBH that's why combined with the spell delves hexing is so so silly atm.

43 hexing 30 witchcraft spec
You are getting:
225 Delve 60% lifetap
109 Delve 8 tick DoT
30 second snare
Nearsight
180 delve Spreadheal
Power regen 5
218 delve pbaoe
All that can be cast either powerless at ~ 2 seconds, ~nearsight range at ~ 3 seconds, or uninteruptably ~ 1 second.
And that's not counting the 3 chambers :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
and 400 dmg constant how? levi hits for 100-150 dmg on 50% resist, and 1handed dmg is a joke.. infact i always wondered why reavers hit SO soft with their flex weapons, its like only 150 with levi on a mage

lol.. such lies.

My RR3 reaver hitting a RR11 Berserker (might be RR10; dunno; only know him from Pryd xD)

http://members.home.nl/dh6a/sshot369.jpg

The proc is affected by WS (fuck all on a RR3 Reaver without template - believe me), relics (magic) and RA's like Mastery of Magery but also Aug Dex / Aug Str (WS on Flex). Notice Im *NOT* hasted on this screenshot; but its quite easy to break this damage for a higher RR reaver. Raid in this screenshot has good resists; its uncommon to see more then 16% cold-resist buff in Hib-groups so you either need BAOD, EM or AoM3+ to break 50% cold-resists. Raid in this screenshot has way more; so u talking easy 200+ dmg even on resist-buffs . Melee-damage part will prolly be about same on a TOA'ed high RR reaver but way faster (and hasted).

Melee of a reaver will be about 25% lower then the mainhand of a BM/Zerk/Merc when both use positionals on high AF targets. Mages ah well; guessing 15-20%; also the reaver trades 'raw damage' with more utility; including slam (no stun on Mercs in assist; compared to BM); insta brittle killing aswell guard to prevent the MA-merc to be slammed.

It has its pro's and its disadvantages; but saying stuff like 'hits for 100 on 50% resists' and 150 in melee on mages is just either exageritating or no experience with the class from first hand. Because some shit unbuffed rezsick no template zerk hits me for 98 doesnt mean all zerks hit for 100~ :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
theres a difference between a style which is (iirc) at the end of parry chain/side chain and one thats an anytime rear style.

3rd in side-chain there on a 2H weapon. Probably a 5.5+ speed scythe too (Snakecharmer?).

Took also 7 tries to get the screenshot because VW's miss feckloads; not uncommon I reckon to miss 1 in 3 attempts on Blizzard-blade in RvR + risk of breaking mezz on close targets (situational)

Bloodclot

Banned
give zerks some anytime+followup stun or positionalstun.

zerkers hardly never do evadestyles in fg fights :(.
and the evade+followup stun lasts only 6 secs.

at least make the lvl50 style more usable then a 3th in chain backstyle with a 50damage cold proc. :(

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
waok`whips said:
I'm using AT, it adds about the same damage to the proc that another 100/150WS would.

Well to VF- Waok played in a pre TOA grp with me patch 1.62 in which we had 2 mercs a reaver 2 clerics mincer sorc and paladin, and the reaver really made the difference here as debuffing for the mercs, slamming for the train, addint interrupts, and actually doing as much dmg as the mercs when in range. Serious vf if u think reavers are a bad class ur dillusional.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Arkian said:
6 seconds 2nd in chain Contusions from bludgeon

You are correct; crush mercs have a (anytime oO) stun. Doesnt help the slash or thrust infils tho ;)

vintervargen

Banned
warlock is so sickening its unbeliviable :p ppl that gonna play them and think they have skills probably have velly velly small penises.

Lethul

FH is my second home
vintervargen said:
warlock is so sickening its unbeliviable :p ppl that gonna play them and think they have skills probably have velly velly small penises.

you mean like bonedancers on camlann? :D

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
I dunno what warlocks u talking about .. havent seen those on exc ..
All they do is die .. 1 used some precsat dd on me and another used dot .. that was it

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
All they do is die .. 1 used some precsat dd on me and another used dot .. that was it

That's what happens when the first time you actually "play" a class is when you take it out to rvr at 50 :D

Calo

Part of the furniture
Jika said:
I dunno what warlocks u talking about .. havent seen those on exc ..

wait till u meet a guy who actually knows how to play with a warlock

im look forward in jumping in zergs with 8 warlocks who have minimum 2 uninterruptable pbae's each , will be a zerg killer!

u know 16 insta pbae's (or atleast 8)

Yunio

Fledgling Freddie
Only have small experiences in Thid with warlocks.. so doesn't really reflect their true abilities, but I get 2 bolted all the time and if a poison of theirs land im death without healing. But then again I don't have any matter resists either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom