Post your warlock experiences here

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, reavers really want a couple more relics to get some actually good damage. A photo of a levi when we had 4 or 5 relics (can't remember exactly):

http://www.hb-eu.com/daoc/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=lastup&cat=10029&pos=1

And:

1) Resist piercing actually works for the proc.
2) If reaver was a mid or a hib class it would be much better, especially pre NF with 3+ de-mezzers in mid or 2xGP in hib
3) And pbaoe chants was best thing in reaver but no one ever realised. You could keep most of fg interrupted utilizing pbaoe chants and shouts.
4) You will be surprised of the people actually running away and thus making themselves easy targets of behind styles. It's not always possible for them to realise that among the train there is a reaver too.
5) There isn't another combination of back styles like levi/asp tbh.
6) Mercs and light tanks of other realms are quite good in damage and, personally, I think the timer of Charge 3 is a bit over the top...

Edit: Oh yeah, and on topic: Nerf warlocks! :D

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
shouldent dis a player that can more about daoc then ur self. Reaver was good before toa tbh. very few of em too. As an alb u should know

Dont matter alot if stuff is "good" tho , why be happy with good when u can have something thats best." :p and hi btw heste

Puppet

Part of the furniture
You shoot BrynjasWarlock with your bow and hit for 516!
You critical hit for an additional 119 damage!
you just killed BrynjasWarlock
You are awarded 639 Realm Points!
You pick up 18 g etc.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Bloodclot said:
nice hitpoints for a warlock

between 1151 and 1667? sounds like an average caster, should warlocks have less ?

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
between 1151 and 1667? sounds like an average caster, should warlocks have less ?

Nope, they should have more actually :) (Con as second stat I think).

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Warlocks are overpowered, died within 5 seconds of meeting one on my animist, even in 1.75 they are insanely overpowered even with nerf. yeh QQ more.

Reavers are boring, get over it and roll to hib/pry or something :p

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf warlocks! and nerf them NOW!

but like others have said you under estimate the power of the levi vf! :D but yes our dmg hits the fan when we're not behind you
We make the mercs hit harder with abs debuff and with BS and battler BGs and other annoying stuff drops fast, but then its the grp and players who win fights :)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmyjr said:
Warlocks are overpowered, died within 5 seconds of meeting one on my animist, even in 1.75 they are insanely overpowered even with nerf. yeh QQ more.

Reavers are boring, get over it and roll to hib/pry or something :p

So your caster died to another caster in 5 secs...sounds really weird, I doubt any other caster would kill you that fast :rolleyes:

They need a nerf tho, but not because they can kill an animist in 5 secs.

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
So your caster died to another caster in 5 secs...sounds really weird, I doubt any other caster would kill you that fast :rolleyes:

They need a nerf tho, but not because they can kill an animist in 5 secs.

well was less then 5 seconds, DI didn't even go of as it was pretty much isnta kill, and i have never been killed by a caster in 5 seconds am either running from them or moc nuke them (still die ofc) :p

vintervargen

Banned
DI will go off unless your oneshotted by their bolt (which if you have low matter and no resistbuffs and the warlock is toa'd you will be)

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
saw 1 .. killed 1 .. had 80% hps left .. he only used some precast stuff on me and that was it

Septina

Part of the furniture
Havent actually met a warlock in rvr yet (except a graycon that tickled me with some spell).
Tho, let me quote a dear mid from the pryd boards.

RandomMid said:
Its about time Midgard gets a decent caster.

:eek:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
myg died instant vs grv's warlocks 8(

but they should die first sight and be made useless haha!

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
cpl bl tanks should rape warlock grp pretty good .. and when DI up .. they cant rly insta kill .. :E

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
myg died instant vs grv's warlocks 8(

but they should die first sight and be made useless haha!

But it was fun! :D

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
theres a difference between a style which is (iirc) at the end of parry chain/side chain and one thats an anytime rear style.

yas

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
I oneshotted a greycon mob with my lvl 5 warlock

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
grats !

'on topic' only fought 1 warlock and he was semi afk :p

Jadet

Fledgling Freddie
Necro gotta be the best class ever to play HAHAHAHAHA :eek2: i dont even believe that myself

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
Since I seem to be one of the few that has actually leveled a warlock normally, I thought I'd share some of my experiences;

First of all, im just lvl33 so far, so I haven't tried em much in real rvr, just a few runs in bg1. From what I can tell so far tho, they are definitely a nice class to play as long as the fights dont last too long. Standing within 1500 units casting a spell for 4 seconds is hard to accomplish, easily interrupted, but thats what the chambers are for, as well as uninterruptable casts.

Just to be absolutely clear tho, we don't have quickcast, which means our only way of being 100% sure of getting a spell cast is by uninterruptable (costs around 35% i think with the 43 hex 30 wc specc). Not saying this is unfair or anything, I think it is as it should be.

Also, you can only use primers to cast secondary spells, which means that you can't cast uninterruptable dd's, bolts, chambers, single heals and so on, but lifetap, pb, spreadheal, nearsight, dot and snare.

When it comes to leveling one, they remind me a bit of the necroconcept of going on and on without going oop. Chambers dont cost anything to prepare ot cast, which means you can go powless+lt then fire off a dd/lt chamber and another powless lt to take down blues and most yellows without wasting pow. We gain a pow regen (equivalent to pom5) in hex as well that is a secondary cast lasting 1 minute, so you dont really have to go powerless.

One thing i noticed as well is that you can cast a primer, then move around and then cast the secondary as an instant. ie you can cast powerless (10 sec duration) while in cover, then run out and instalifetap then run back to cover again. Think this is gonna be fixed in some patch tho :(

Think that's about it for now, hope the info is of use

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom