Post your SKYRIM mods here

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
TEsting out new trickery stuff. Renamed data folder to data 2, verifying integrity, then going to use workshop to install mods and see if i can run two individual skyrims by switching the folder names.

So data1 for mod manager, data 2 for workshop, then switch either to data when i want one of them to work.

Might blow up horribly in my face, but that's penises...errr...games for ya.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You using mod manager or steam workshop?

Usually a pre-game crash is due to a bad load-order, but from that list you posted i think the problem could be with "unofficial patch". There's probably a sh*tton of changes in that so best bet.

Nate

FH is my second home
I tried with nothing but the ones that crashed running and even only one at a time, seems they all fudge independently :( Wearable Lanterns, Convenient Horses Ultimate, Desent in to madness, Deus Mons, Magic Duel and NPCs.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's really weird. They shouldn't crash pre-game atleast.

Do those require SKSE or other extra scripts? If you don't have SKSE and they need it, then it might be a cause.

Nate

FH is my second home
I think they must require dawnguard, or some versions do. I dl'd the nexus version of lanterns and it works fine.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oooh yeah, just tested it and it works;

If you're using mod manager, rename the data folder to data2.
Then verify files from steam(redownload data).
Now if you launch mod manager yoiu get a clean screen, no mods.
If you switch the data folders around(data2 back to data) you get your old mods in mod manager.

Haven't tried if it works the same with steam workshop, but should.

Real easy to switch between installs and can have one ninstall for trying out mods and one for "prime game".

Usual disclaimer that things might go to sh*t if you try this, do at own risk etc.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
dawnguard any use? i only have vanilla + mods never bothered getting expansion :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It has it's "things". All really in the package; more content, crossbows, etc.

Then mods add to it ofcourse.

Though suggested to add dawnguard first, then add mods and check if they are combatible.

Poag

m00?
dawnguard any use? i only have vanilla + mods never bothered getting expansion :p
Its a fair story line and offers somethign that alters the original storyline.

You get to become a Vampire lord under certain choices

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
giving the old Skyrim a go as I don't feel like school stuffs. deleted all my mods and am going with some stuff off the 25 best, all the better cities, the unoffical patch and most of the grass/trees mods. I likes the pretties, me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, just bought Skyrim in the steam sale. Downloading now.

Going to install the Hi-res texture pack from Steam too when done.

Is there anything else I *really really have to have* before I play?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scouse Nothing is *really really have to have* per say(arguable), but there's a lot of mods that do fix problems.

Best way to start with mods is to play the game, then if you find something lacking, find a mod and fix that lack.

You'll get the best first experience and then when you restart(which most do) you can add specal mods, companions etc.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

what Toh said tbh, although that said you will probably like the "better" packs; the better trees/plants/ice/water/weather effects. More trees, more grass. Certain tweaks to the view distances of things. I also like the better blood effects, the non-blurred kill-move effects, rag-doll physics (make people bounce with arrow strikes yay), but hey, who am I to barge in.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
S8kHxJz.jpg

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So, just bought Skyrim in the steam sale. Downloading now.

Going to install the Hi-res texture pack from Steam too when done.

The DLC's (expansions) are also a must-have. Some great content in there.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i quite like the idea, but i reckon i would be knackered after about an hour of walking about :p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Must say I'm disliking all these ENB's which basically makes Oblivion all over. Personally, it can be as gritty and washed out as it was. The vanilla night is somewhat too bright at times.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Also, if anyone has a list of mods that you think go well together, i'd be happy to get in on. Also which tools to use to throw everything together. Bah.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nexus mod manager, works wonders if you want more freedom outside steam workshop.

I'd have to check my(somewhat outdated) list of mods(but can't login to nexus atm).

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually it's a lot easier to just go to nexus and look at "top files endorsed all time", then think of things you want to add(stockings, nudity, killable children...the usual...) and find them. The search function works really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom