Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Because nothing has actually changed yet despite all the drivel a lot of you post, if it does then the country can do what I said a long while ago which is elect someone else.

I'm sure I might post something again after another couple of pages of whining.

What needs to change? The actual selling off of the NHS? Because I'm fairly sure we won't be able to buy it back...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because nothing has actually changed yet
19 days into the new world and the Tories are weakening worker protection and have taken a one party vote to deny the NHS protection.

How much change (smoke) do you need to see before you realise the fire is burning?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What needs to change? The actual selling off of the NHS? Because I'm fairly sure we won't be able to buy it back...
Yep. We can vote all we like but once contracts have been signed it's too late.

:slow clap:

Gwadien

19 days into the new world and the Tories are weakening worker protection and have taken a one party vote to deny the NHS protection.

How much change (smoke) do you need to see before you realise the fire is burning?

They also voted down a proposed amendment to trade deals where the high courts can intervene and block trade deals if the other country is engaged in genocide.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Presumably that only applies if the genocide is specific and limited.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The government aren't doing anything, their advice, what little of it there is, is complete bullshit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The vat for large businesses isn't a massive problem in the long run but it's going to cause cash flow issues for a lot of small businesses

Gwadien

The vat for large businesses isn't a massive problem in the long run but it's going to cause cash flow issues for a lot of small businesses

I think it's an immediate problem for both now lots of people are rejecting deliveries when they get charged.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
"nothing has actually changed yet"

I almost got caught out by this. A guitar I've been coveting for a while showed up with what looked like a big discount on a site I've used a couple of times, it's in Germany, but they have a British customer care centre. When I put it into my basket a message did briefly pop up mentioning vat, but I can imagine people missing it.

I would have ended up paying an extra 22.5% on top of what I thought I was paying, 20%vat and 2.5% handling fee for the courier.

I didn't buy it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So..let me see...
Theyve introduced charges to penalise British people buying EU goods.

Well theres a win.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So..let me see...

Well theres a win.

You mean VAT and duty? You do understand how VAT/duty works within the EU....right?

Same as ordering from America now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So..let me see...

Well theres a win.
No. For those outside the EU there are always and have always been charges and taxes - in the same way as if you buy from America. That's one of the points of being in the EU.

What did you expect?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
So..let me see...

Well theres a win.

This was brought up multiple times, one these very boards and your response then was to wave it off and declare "of course they wont we are Britain! Germans need us"

Its a huge win for EU businesses that supply the same things but now are roughly 20% more competitive ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I now have to use amazon.de for anything over €120. I've also noticed Amazon.de is quite a lot cheaper than co.uk, even without the VAT issues, which was a bit of a surprise.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I have been using amazon.de for years as I have found the UK one to be quite unreliable on delivery dates... and yes they are a shit load cheaper

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Genuine question, but why would someone in Sweden use UK Amazon at all?

Most of our work is with Amazon these days (my line of business is putting in the loading bays) and assumed they were building on the same scale in other Euro countries too? I know there is a lot going on in ROI atm.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I have been using amazon.de for years as I have found the UK one to be quite unreliable on delivery dates... and yes they are a shit load cheaper
Not using .se yet? Last i checked they don't ship to Finland so still stuck with .de

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ive never bought a thing off Amazon, they just dont have the range of products and seem more expensive.
Maybe because I tend to buy more obscure things like bluetooth sinewave 75v ebike controllers.
There will be loads on ebay, maybe one or two on Amazon at twice the price.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Genuine question, but why would someone in Sweden use UK Amazon at all?

Most of our work is with Amazon these days (my line of business is putting in the loading bays) and assumed they were building on the same scale in other Euro countries too? I know there is a lot going on in ROI atm.
Originally it was what I knew and then I learnt better.... Amazon Sweden has only been in place for a few months.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wow.

That's an absolute clusterfuck if true. They cannot sell cheese into the EU - not just they have a few barriers, but they cannot sell it.

But I'm not sure I fully believe them. Cannot sell to online customers? Or it's bloody expensive and hits their bottom line. What about brexit means that online stores can't sell overseas?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Wow.

That's an absolute clusterfuck if true. They cannot sell cheese into the EU - not just they have a few barriers, but they cannot sell it.

But I'm not sure I fully believe them. Cannot sell to online customers? Or it's bloody expensive and hits their bottom line. What about brexit means that online stores can't sell overseas?

It appears he has to provide a "£180 health certificate on retail orders to consumers in the EU" but EU producers do not have to do the same. Some sort of exemption oversight.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom