Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Eurostar might go tits up. Don't really understand why they are begging for a British bailout since majority of share is owned by French national rail carrier and Belgian state railway.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Eurostar might go tits up. Don't really understand why they are begging for a British bailout since majority of share is owned by French national rail carrier and Belgian state railway.

They're probably asking the other countries as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hopefully as a percentage of ownership, no reason or obligation for the UK to bail out foreign companies, whether we like it or not, that is exactly what they are now.

Brexit is only a tiny part of Eurostar's problems, lack of passengers due to COVID-19 is.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Let them go bust. Buy the company at pence. When covid goes away there's a profitable business at pence.

Workers lose out (we always do) but significantly shareholders take the loss - like they should have with banks.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Eurostar was “not asking for special treatment” they said, but access to the same help as companies in similar positions had received, such as business rates relief and loans.

“Safeguarding the future of this connection to the continent should be a symbol of both our desire to build back better and our new cooperative relationship with our European neighbours,” the letter continued, adding: “If this viable business is allowed to fall between the cracks of support – our recovery could be damaged.”

Eurostar is majority-owned by the French state railway, SNCF, but is thought to have exhausted options for governmental assistance from Paris. The franchised UK train operators that have been bailed out under emergency agreements since the coronavirus pandemic began – at a cost of £8bn this financial year – are also largely owned or co-owned by foreign state rail operators.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
so the french won't pay for the thing they own, and want the brits to.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Probs because they know a bunch of Tory donors are invested and everyone knows we'd rather see children starve than let a Tory donor down.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

The French are already bailing out SNCF, so I assume the logic against bailing out Eurostar separately is that its a double dip.

Then it comes down to the question of whether Eurostar is more important to UK business than it is to French, Belgian and Dutch business? I honestly have no idea, but I'm guessing that like Brexit itself, each of those countries is individually less exposed, even if the overall exposure is the same as for the UK.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well someones going to have to bail it out because the stupid fucking HS2 is supposed to be an extension of it.
I guess that was quietly dropped years ago though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oooh. Two facepalms from @Embattle.

To be fair, you did come to mind. I guess it's easier to emote than admit you were wrong all along.

Job

Yoni said:
Not really a surprise though is it?

Nope. But there are people on here who said that was a load of scaremongerimg shit.

Which is exactly what the Guardian are doing.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yoni said:
Not really a surprise though is it?

Nope. But there are people on here who said that was a load of scaremongerimg shit.

Which is exactly what the Guardian are doing.

What are you suggesting, that our current Government may actually improve workers' rights?

Job

Sum ting Wong...
Oh you mean the scenarios.

Ww3
Black people find out chinese people hate them
I become number one superguy.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sum ting Wong...
Oh you mean the scenarios.

Ww3
Black people find out chinese people hate them
I become number one superguy.

Silly little racist. You're a relic of the past.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Embattle

FH is my second home
Because nothing has actually changed yet despite all the drivel a lot of you post, if it does then the country can do what I said a long while ago which is elect someone else.

I'm sure I might post something again after another couple of pages of whining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom