Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Cant have an army?

Ok call them border guards and see how it goes.

I presume we would have had these if we hadnt 'left'.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, not an army then.
Yeah - it's 700 border guards. I'd like to see them invade anywhere with that army :D

Job's right though - eventually there'll be an EU Army. But Job'll be long dead, so why he cares is beyond me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And ironically, they will all communicate using English :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I find it all largely silly anyway.

If thee was a major conflict we'd join as a minor party anyway so the peeps in the military earning big bucks will just be doing minor stuff anyway when they really should be earning their wage.

We'll probably see a unification with the US military one day, I wonder if we'll see people whinging then.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This article made me laugh this morning - Brexit leaves Spain's Costa Brits facing dilemmas

Particularly this part:

"Meanwhile, Eric Anderson is stuck in the UK. The 71-year-old former shipyard worker from Newcastle is one of thousands of so called "swallows" - people with second homes in Spain who spend winter in the sun and return to Britain in the summer.

Spanish Covid rules preventing non-essential travel mean that Eric can't fly out at the moment. When he can, his time will be limited under the new post-Brexit system.

"I feel badly let down. We paid a mortgage for 20 years to have a holiday home and a retirement bolt-hole for the winter. We're limited to just 90 days now, and that's not just for Spain, but anywhere we go in Europe on holiday. Say we cross from Newcastle to the Netherlands, that's counted.

"So you're already being restricted by time to come back into the UK. There's a lot of average working guys that have done exactly what I've done and it's just not going to be possible now. I don't think anyone expected the rug to be pulled from under them so quickly.""

That last line basically confirms your man voted to leave. "I wanted out, but didn't think it would affect me!".

My wifes auntie lives in Mazarron on one of those weird ex-pat "Urbanizacions", and the plum voted to leave. People wanting to have their cake and eat it too meeting the consequence of their actions. I say this as a reluctant remainer myself... some absolute fucking morons out there.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
He didn't expect the leopard to eat HIS face. Only other peoples'.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My sister/brother in law have a place in Mijas (they bought it not that long ago - this would have been the first year they'd have spent significant time there).

If they want to spend more than three months there it's easy - they'll drive down to Gibraltar, get on a boat and spend a couple of days in Morocco / Marrakesh. Nice little break for them.

Then they'll get back on the boat, go back to their second home.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In fact - the smart money is on Air BnB's in Morocco now. Day trippers from Spain will see it at 100% occupancy :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My sister/brother in law have a place in Mijas (they bought it not that long ago - this would have been the first year they'd have spent significant time there).

If they want to spend more than three months there it's easy - they'll drive down to Gibraltar, get on a boat and spend a couple of days in Morocco / Marrakesh. Nice little break for them.

Then they'll get back on the boat, go back to their second home.

Most of the people who live out there are geriatric though and barely leave the resorts they live on cos they don't want to actually have to speak to anyone Spanish. I know this is a generalisation, but I've been out there a few times and i've never seen so many racists in such a small space.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I find it all largely silly anyway.

If thee was a major conflict we'd join as a minor party anyway so the peeps in the military earning big bucks will just be doing minor stuff anyway when they really should be earning their wage.

We'll probably see a unification with the US military one day, I wonder if we'll see people whinging then.

I find it largely silly because NATO already exists, not that many countries do enough on that front any way.

Gwadien

I find it largely silly because NATO already exists, not that many countries do enough on that front any way.

But I bet every European country has a military command structure that costs them a ridiculous amount of money.

You can see why a European army is attractive from that point of view rather than Job's 'THEY'RE NAZIS!' appproach.

Job

I love that well trod path from.
'Youre a fucking idiot...thats never going to happen, you thick brexiter'

to

'What a great idea, whats wrong with it , you thick brexiter '

Job

Given that Soain is a bask
This article made me laugh this morning - Brexit leaves Spain's Costa Brits facing dilemmas

Particularly this part:

"Meanwhile, Eric Anderson is stuck in the UK. The 71-year-old former shipyard worker from Newcastle is one of thousands of so called "swallows" - people with second homes in Spain who spend winter in the sun and return to Britain in the summer.

Spanish Covid rules preventing non-essential travel mean that Eric can't fly out at the moment. When he can, his time will be limited under the new post-Brexit system.

"I feel badly let down. We paid a mortgage for 20 years to have a holiday home and a retirement bolt-hole for the winter. We're limited to just 90 days now, and that's not just for Spain, but anywhere we go in Europe on holiday. Say we cross from Newcastle to the Netherlands, that's counted.

"So you're already being restricted by time to come back into the UK. There's a lot of average working guys that have done exactly what I've done and it's just not going to be possible now. I don't think anyone expected the rug to be pulled from under them so quickly.""

That last line basically confirms your man voted to leave. "I wanted out, but didn't think it would affect me!".

My wifes auntie lives in Mazarron on one of those weird ex-pat "Urbanizacions", and the plum voted to leave. People wanting to have their cake and eat it too meeting the consequence of their actions. I say this as a reluctant remainer myself... some absolute fucking morons out there.
Given that Spain is a basket case economy that has a huge dependency on tourists and expats, they will be politely telling the EU to go fuck themselves with this restrictions shit and it will be quietly put to bed

dysfunction

FH is my second home

to

Who said that? I for one have never been bothered by having an EU Army.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Given that Spain is a basket case economy that has a huge dependency on tourists and expats, they will be politely telling the EU to go fuck themselves with this restrictions shit and it will be quietly put to bed

Not sure it's that simple. With Catalonia still after separation it's also not in their interests to make things look easy.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

No. Lack of Freedom of movement is what we agreed to and so it shall remain unless we negotiate otherwise and give up some more of our "sovereignty"

Job

Job's right though - eventually there'll be an EU Army. But Job'll be long dead, so why he cares is beyond me.

So why do you give a shit about climate change then?

Gwadien

to

I don't think anyone said it's never going to happen, I think everyone pretty much said it's an eventuality.

As I said before - if a major war happened again, most NATO/EU countries would have their armies put into larger foreign armies anyway, so spending silly amounts of money on an army command structure that probably won't even be tested on its own seems a little bit silly.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

How is the EU Army even remotely the same thing?

Climate change is something we need to prevent and start doing now.
Having an EU army is largely irrelevant now and in the future.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Because one will destroy the planet and one will mince about in uniforms doing not a lot.

What kind of moron would compare the two?

Embattle

FH is my second home
But I bet every European country has a military command structure that costs them a ridiculous amount of money.

You can see why a European army is attractive from that point of view rather than Job's 'THEY'RE NAZIS!' appproach.

I think the problem is those individual command structures aren't likely to go just because there is an EU army, it'll just add another as well as any NATO ones already in place and then the problem becomes you seem to be spending more money on administration rather than front line forces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom