Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Details of the Withdrawal Agreement to be confirmed as released :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's pretty funny.

There's been so much hype about this, but nothing has been released (as of yet) but all the political parties are commentating on how bad it is.

'We haven't had a look yet, but it'll probably be bad.'

By the sounds of the things it has about 0 chance of getting through.

Gwadien

We need another poll predicting what time May will resign.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
She cant even get her own ministers to back it let alone parliament, what happens if its rejected? General election?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
She cant even get her own ministers to back it let alone parliament, what happens if its rejected? General election?
Fuck knows. We are knee-deep in shite.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
To be clear the Withdrawal Agreement basically covers the terms for the transition period and the backstop.

It only has vague aspirations on the future trading agreement.

From what I gather the transition period consists of:
  • UK stays in Customs Union so no need for customs checks on border.
  • UK agrees to follow single-market regulations on goods so no need for regulatory checks.
  • UK still pays EU for single-market access.
  • Free movement can end during transition period (to be confirmed).
  • We will leave the EU on a blind basis without knowing what the end-state will look like.
  • UK will leave single market for services and only be able to trade on the same terms if EU continues to grant it equivalence (its choice, not ours) which will depend on UK following EU rules.
  • UK leaves CAP and CFP.
If we go into backstop then UK can only leave it when the EU agrees.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
BINO (Brexit In Name Only), massive loss of control, and the can is kicked as far down the road as possible. Theresa May lives down to expectations perfectly and pleases nobody.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Can't agree with Europe. Can't agree with yourself.

"United" Kingdom, lol ok

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The EU cant afford to let us have the good bits without the bad bits.

The only deal worth considering is hard brexit and then slowly agree to trade through sheer panic on both sides.
We dont want anything else, because they will let us have visa free holidays because us Brits are a massive input into continental Europe.
Trade tariffs will have to be reduced to the point they are barely above our EU deal....or you know, the industries will start screaming..laying off workers and the EU will be blamed.

We are the second biggest economy in Europe and and 50% of their army dream...whos kidding who here.

Gwadien

To be fair to Theresa, it must be hard to chose an option when they're all disastrous - we really (I'm being serious here) should have had a Leave PM so that they could negotiate truest to Leave standards.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

The only deal worth considering is hard brexit and then slowly agree to trade through sheer panic on both sides.
We dont want anything else, because they will let us have visa free holidays because us Brits are a massive input into continental Europe.
Trade tariffs will have to be reduced to the point they are barely above our EU deal....or you know, the industries will start screaming..laying off workers and the EU will be blamed.

We are the second biggest economy in Europe and and 50% of their army dream...whos kidding who here.

EU tourism is about 1.7 trillion dollars a year. UK tourism part of that is about 40 billion dollars

Yes some resorts in Spain and Portugal will be hard hit but as UK pop is relatively small vs big spenders in EU tourism it will hardly be a death blow

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
EU tourism is about 1.7 trillion dollars a year. UK tourism part of that is about 40 billion dollars

Yes some resorts in Spain and Portugal will be hard hit but as UK pop is relatively small vs big spenders in EU tourism it will hardly be a death blow
Magaluf might even become somewhat nice

Job

Spain would just arrange its own visa free entry.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

You’re still making the false equivalence error; the loss to the U.K. is far, far bigger than the loss to any individual country in the EU. And as for any UK job losses being blamed on the EU, the EU is going to blamed for any and all of the UK’s economic and social woes after Brexit anyway, so why would they give a fuck? Any potential EU job losses will be spread out over the individual states and will be barely be noticed, with the possible exception of Ireland (and even then, maybe not).

And I’m pretty sure no-one in the EU is thinking about the UK’s contribution to an EU army; that makes no sense at all.

Gwadien

You’re still making the false equivalence error; the loss to the U.K. is far, far bigger than the loss to any individual country in the EU. And as for any UK job losses being blamed on the EU, the EU is going to blamed for any and all of the UK’s economic and social woes after Brexit anyway, so why would they give a fuck? Any potential EU job losses will be spread out over the individual states and will be barely be noticed, with the possible exception of Ireland (and even then, maybe not).

And I’m pretty sure no-one in the EU is thinking about the UK’s contribution to an EU army; that makes no sense at all.

Because the EU is going to take half of the UK population over the age of 16 and conscript them into their army, THEN the UK will leave the EU THEN Nazi Europe will invade the UK with its own soldiers!

Job

Still not s fucking sausage of any worth from Corbyn since he said.

A...I wont use our nukes.

B...We should brexit.

Job

Because the EU is going to take half of the UK population over the age of 16 and conscript them into their army, THEN the UK will leave the EU THEN Nazi Europe will invade the UK with its own soldiers!
Stranger things have happened.
How about a very right wing army...yes , they do support Tommy Robinson, joining forces with the rest of the European forces and taking out all the left wingers.

Oh yes...and wasnt there just a story that I posted this week.
German SAS troops planning that exact thing.

Gwadien

Stranger things have happened.
How about a very right wing army...yes , they do support Tommy Robinson, joining forces with the rest of the European forces and taking out all the left wingers.

Oh yes...and wasnt there just a story that I posted this week.
German SAS troops planning that exact thing.

What, so are you supporting the Right in order to warn us about the rise of the Right?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
In case I decide to change it later (or not) I have knee-jerked voting yes - I respect the original referendum result (even though I don't like it) and now I just the whole fucking thing over with... :mad:

Job

What, so are you supporting the Right in order to warn us about the rise of the Right?
Who said I support the right..I'm just blaming the left for riding over other people cultures and social cohesion.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Dr-9fPzX0AIe4Yi.jpg

Job

Jesus fucking christ..the deal is that bad that Blair is backing Johnson against it.

She has to go now...theres going to be riots in the streets and bombs in NI.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
In case I decide to change it later (or not) I have knee-jerked voting yes - I respect the original referendum result (even though I don't like it) and now I just the whole fucking thing over with... :mad:
It won’t be over. This is just the exit agreement. The future relationship would be sorted out over the next 10 years.

Job

Calling them in one by one to agree
Is that even allowed?
Such a blatant manipulation of their convictions.

Thats game over for me...divide and conquer.
At least this brexit is exposing the useless and the scoundrels on both sides.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
For the first time in my life I have just sent an email to my MP urging them to vote against the Withdrawal Agreement.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's all a pantomime to keep us distracted whilst the super rich add massively to their wealth.

Gwadien

Like, has anyone noticed that homelessness has sky-rocketed?

But Brexit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom