Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes, you right...it must gave been brexiters
It's not about people. It's about countable money. Countable money that never existed.

The only place Brexiters have in this is that they lied to everyone about the existence of this non-existent money. And you still believe it. Even though the treasury have counted it and gone "nope @Job, there's no money here. If there was, we could count it"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yes, you right...it must gave been brexiters, yes they were the ones trying to undermine democracy and our negotiations.

Nope..there were two clear camps, make your choice.

no one undermined democracy you thick cunt. Stopping government from claiming sovereignty it didn’t have isn’t undermining democracy, and particularly ironic given it’s apparently all about ”taking back control”. Parliament is sovereign, not government. Many have died over the centuries to establish that particular state of affairs.

You can parrot all the Daily Express bullshit you want but you are profoundly wrong about this.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Every move by the remainers had fuck all to do with soverignity and 100% to do with attempting to prevent brexit and to claim otherwise is an affront to everyones intelligence.
In fact they were so blinded with hate they accidently shot themselves in the foot.

All of Europe has poor growth so actually we have lost nothing, its just ludicrous what ifs

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
OK Job, let's play your game.

Could you tell me how Remainers trying to block Brexit would effect how much money the UK pays to the EU?

Job

It has practically nothing to do with the standard payments.....whats your point?

Gwadien

It has practically nothing to do with the standard payments.....whats your point?

So are you saying that the Leave campaign weren't lying and that we are supposed to get £350m a week back, but because of Remainers the EU has decided that they actually owe us much less?

Job

What do you mean get back?

As far as standard payments go we stop paying them, we havent got a prepay account.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It was never £350 million and we now have to pay for a load of the stuff the EU used to pay for as a collective.

It’s not complicated

Job

We gave them 350m on paper, we allegedy got around 150m back in various cloak and dagger ways including EU subsidies which is all very good for EU PR.

We are going to have to pay for collective initiatives we signed up for.
I'm sure that will require a lot of wrangling, certainly we couldnt ask for Galileo money back and expect any access to it obviously.

It just beggars belief that you are going along with a story that this money has magically vanished, if we stop paying them X amount, its in our pocket regardless of this weeks economic status.
Just because its not in the budget labelled 'ex EU money'.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We gave them 350m on paper, we allegedy got around 150m back in various cloak and dagger ways including EU subsidies which is all very good for EU PR.

I'm sure that will require a lot of wrangling, certainly we couldnt ask for Galileo money back and expect any access to it obviously.

It just beggars belief that you are going along with a story that this money has magically vanished, if we stop paying them X amount, its in our pocket regardless of this weeks economic status.
It’s like arguing with a compost heap.

Gwadien

No you absolute fucking moron.

gettyimages-576855020-0.jpg

That heavily suggests that we send the EU £350million a week, therefore we would get 100% of it back as we have left and we do not need to pay any bills.

Stop pretending that you weren't sold a lie, even though you don't care it's a lie, it's utterly ridiculous.

Job

You are completely changing the argument form the fucking moneys dissappeared, to they lied about how much it was.

Job

I couldnt actually be arsed, its not exactly a huge amount and I'd be happy to pay in to keep the EU going until we can find a better way.

Britain....being Europes only global power, vastly greatest softpower and 2nd biggest economy...largest stock exchange..nuclear power..etc.etc, will shape Europes future in or out.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I couldnt actually be arsed, its not exactly a huge amount and I'd be happy to pay in to keep the EU going until we can find a better way.

Britain....being Europes only global power, vastly greatest softpower and 2nd biggest economy...largest stock exchange..nuclear power..etc.etc, will shape Europes future in or out.
*pour on some rancid beetroot*

Job

I know you dont like it, but we are a cornerstone of Europe and are much more important than a cobbled together club who dont really like each other.
I mean really, not just being facetious, when this is all over they 'll never discuss a union again for a generation.

Gwadien

I know you dont like it, but we are a cornerstone of Europe and are much more important than a cobbled together club who dont really like each other.
I mean really, not just being facetious, when this is all over they 'll never discuss a union again for a generation.

The problem is that you think that Remainers are the ones who are making the financial decisions for investment in the UK, they're not.

The people who are making the decisions won't like things like the Prime Minister blatantly lying about figures about how much more money the UK will have and therefore be able to invest back into the country.

They also do not agree with your valuation of the UK, as it is becoming less relevant with a booming Asia, and as much as you dislike it, it's not because they hate the UK, it's because it's a realistic valuation of it's value, rather than believing that is

You seem to think that a country gets its wealth and power from patriotism and grandstanding, which like many of your views, is somewhat 19th century.

Job

Britain punches WAY above its weight because of its soft power and political connections.

We are simply famous for being famous and thats it, the left overs of the worlds greatest Empire propping us up.
No one in Europe has a brand that comes remotely close, why do you hate that so much?
Our last act was the defense of democracy against all the odds, defending the will of the people as they took a purposeful step into uncharted waters.
I thought that was the main message of all those motivational quotes and memes.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

You know all of the currently operational nuclear power plants in the UK are French-owned, right?

Job

They are world leaders in making them...why wouldnt we use them.

Job

From the mouths of babes.

Daniel Boffey, the Guardian’s Brussels bureau chief, says a narrowly focused UK media could find its access to the corridors of power in Brussels receding in time.

“Much of what is leaked and briefed in Brussels is done to influence the internal debates among member states on key policy decisions – and to influence the views of the domestic electorates,” Boffey said. “But the British government is no longer a decision-maker in Brussels.”

So less carefully constructed propaganda..thats a good thing isnt it?

Job

As the ex Bank of England said.
'There are much..much bigger things on the horizon than Brexit'.

Looks like fear will take a huge chunk out of the world economy.

Gwadien

As the ex Bank of England said.
'There are much..much bigger things on the horizon than Brexit'.

Looks like fear will take a huge chunk out of the world economy.

Sounds like a good time to launch my revolution.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How are they going to house/social distance them?

Anyway. @Job said this isn't a problem, so #fakenews :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom