Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Wij, Nov 14, 2018.

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

1. FOR

2. AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

2. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

3. Gwadien

If you want to associate yourself with thousand year old religious views, that's fine by me.

4. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

5. Job

Whatever.
    The WTO has the same power as the UN.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 3
  6. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

Dont know what that has to do with Brexit, also those comments were reported over a year ago, for example here Dalai Lama says ‘Europe belongs to the Europeans’ and suggests refugees return to native countries

It is the aim of any refugee program to care, educate, and return, if possible, it may be that in many cases its never possible to sensibly return people or families after prolonged periods. Thats not really new, its been one of key challenges of dealing with refugees since we started giving a shit

7. Job

So you agree with him then?

8. Gwadien

I think most people do.

I think most people want refugees to return to their country once they are safe, and if they're not safe to return, then they can remain.

“Receive them, help them, educate them ... but ultimately they should develop their own country,” the 83-year-old said, when speaking about refugees.

This is what I've been saying all along @Job we can't have an isolationist approach otherwise we will have a far larger immigration issue in the future.

The best thing to do is to have a good long hard look at aid, redistribute it, then use the UN properly to bring stabilisation to every country which isn't stable.

I know you dislike global groups, but imagine if the UN went into Syria, build a boundary around major cities and said 'sort your shit out, leave these places alone or you'll answer to all the member states of the UN'.

We need to bring balance to the world, but it doesn't mean giving larger slices of the pie to Africa, it means making more pies to share with them :)

9. Job

The problem of course is the liberal agenda to call everyone a refugee.
    We get a tiny amount of refugees, practically all of them are dealt with by neighbouring countries or within their own, most of Syria is safe, practically all of it now thanks to the Russians.
    We get migrants and call them refugees as soon as they set foot on European soil.
    No one goes home because they have an army of Euro taxpayer paid lawyers who use every concievable trick in the book to ensure they cant be sent home.....hilariously, the only ones going home are young black kids in London whos parents are sending them home because of the totally unpoliced gang warfare going on.
    As the saying goes..you couldnt make it up.
    The superich want migrants because they want cheap labour, they dont give a flying fuck about social.
    upheaval..or crime..or loss of culture, we are nothing to them.
    Its all about keeping the tanks filled in the superyachts.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 3
  10. Gwadien

Most of the male syrians who fled were being forced into the army on the threat of death, so no, Russia hasn't made it 'safe' at all, quite the opposite.

As for all the non-Syrian refugees - don't you think it would be pragmatic to help develop those countries and educate their people?

Most of these people come over here on their own paid by money saved by their families for years, don't you think they'd rather be at home with their families? Why don't we let them stay for a bit, equip them with the skills to go home and sort their own shit out?

'young black kids in London' you mean like the ones who were born here?

For fucks sake.

I think you read the Llama's comments as 'Europe is for white people'

11. Job

Well if their parents are sending them 'home ' wether they were born here or not, gives you an idea of where they think home is.

We dont get people who want to stay a bit and then go home.
    We get economic migrants..who want to settle then bring their families at a later date.

12. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

Dont really see the problem with that either as long as they bring a net benefit to society (which every bit of research into subject of immigration seems to indicate)

As an immigrant myself, i like to think that its not all bad ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gwadien

Jobs definition of immigrant is someone who is not of the native skin colour.

14. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

You get fucking millions of people who ‘want to stay a bit then go home’. Most of the EU workers in fact. It’s the non-EU migrants who are the ones who stay.

15. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

The more we learn about Brexit, the more crooked it looks

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

We're already a dodgy tax haven. Brexit'll just make it easier.

17. caLLous

18. caLLous