News Police to blind protesters with lasers!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
At least Oedipus had the excuse of not knowing it was his mother. :(

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
How many average citizens who would simply like to exercise their right to peacefully protest against something they don't agree with will refrain from doing so because the cops
will use laser/microwave/tactical nukes against masses of people because small, violent groups incite trouble? That's another step on the road to fascism, in my opinion.

I'm not against cracking down on scum, but holding a pregnant woman against her will in a confined area. Come on. That's just against common decency. Hiring practices should
be reviewed.

You give the cops a new toy, you can be sure they'll use it. How many people have been fried because groups of cops decided to perform a four taser gang bang
on a 'suspect'?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pregnant women shouldn't be in a special station regarding crime and punishment.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If people don't want the police using Taser and Lasers ect I would like to know the alternative. You got some steroid head off his face and feeling no pain how would a police officer take him down without a Taser or CS Spray? A baton to the side of the heard is surely worse? More on topic look at the London riots the only way the police could of regained control would of been steaming in which would of lead to injuries and the Police being called heavy handed. What is the solution?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
London riots were nothing but random looting, criminals at large.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pregnant women shouldn't be in a special station regarding crime and punishment.

I agree with this.

Nobody should be treated like a criminal and kettled on the off chance a tiny number of people may be violent.

The policy of kettling doesn't seem to have cut down on the violence to me. If anything I think over time it's likely to increase the possibilities...

Mey

Part of the furniture
I've seen so called 'peaceful' protesters goading and insulting police officers who had done nothing but stand their looking aimlessly at the crowd.

Mey

Part of the furniture
If people don't want the police using Taser and Lasers ect I would like to know the alternative. You got some steroid head off his face and feeling no pain how would a police officer take him down without a Taser or CS Spray? A baton to the side of the heard is surely worse? More on topic look at the London riots the only way the police could of regained control would of been steaming in which would of lead to injuries and the Police being called heavy handed. What is the solution?

Damned if you do damned if you don't.

You'll never make the "peaceful" protesters happy mate.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
They're protesters, get it? It's in their curriculum :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've seen so called 'peaceful' protesters goading and insulting police officers who had done nothing but stand their looking aimlessly at the crowd.

Two things:

1. I've seen perfectly peaceful protesters being kettled for no good reason. Should everyone suffer because of the actions of a few?
  2. Harsh words, right? Goading and insulting is illegal now? What if you hate cops? Are you not allowed to tell 'em? We're supposed to be able to say what we like - and as long as we're not being punchy that's fine..
So Mey. Harsh language (or to call that what it is - peaceful protest) is reason to restrict the movement of entire crowds of people and stop pregnant women from going to the fucking toilet in your book?

Jeesus, why don't you send the cops round to my house to give me a bit of truncheon-face interaction. I've just insulted you by calling you a twat after all ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I agree with this.

Nobody should be treated like a criminal and kettled on the off chance a tiny number of people may be violent.

The policy of kettling doesn't seem to have cut down on the violence to me. If anything I think over time it's likely to increase the possibilities...

Not sure i agree with the rest of that sentiment, i prefer a bit overdone control over possibility of destruction.

So while i don't condone of holding people without cause, i do think questioning etc is fine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So while i don't condone of holding people without cause, i do think questioning etc is fine.

I don't mind individuals being taken in for questioning during routine police work.

I do mind huge groups of people being held for hours without access to basic facilities on the suspicion that some of them may turn violent, maybe.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I always though kettling was used after trouble had kicked off already at which point its acceptable as why should they let another 5000 people walk into a trouble area? I very much doubt they just pick random people and lock them in a car park while the protest is going on peacefully. And i ask again, when it has kicked off and groups of protesters are breaking into buildings and destroying private property what should the police do to stop them and to stop more people joining the trouble?

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I always though kettling was used after trouble had kicked off already at which point its acceptable as why should they let another 5000 people walk into a trouble area? I very much doubt they just pick random people and lock them in a car park while the protest is going on peacefully. And i ask again, when it has kicked off and groups of protesters are breaking into buildings and destroying private property what should the police do to stop them and to stop more people joining the trouble?
The real problem is that kettling is often used as a standard measure, apparently to PREVENT violence. I've been kettled MANY times, where the only act of "violence" had been chanting rather loudly. Just a week ago me and a few hundred people were kettled for 5 hours in the freezing cold and rain. Now, I'm not saying this is always the case, I've also been in kettle's which has been a bloody good thing due to dickheads in baclavas causing chaos, but that is by far a minority to the pointless time's i've been made to sit on the pavement for hours for being an active citizen

Mey

Part of the furniture
Makes me laugh that you are all saying don't punish everyone for the actions of a few people yet you'll hate on all cops due to the illegitimate actions of a few cops.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Makes me laugh that you are all saying don't punish everyone for the actions of a few people yet you'll hate on all cops due to the illegitimate actions of a few cops.

They're not normal members of the public - they have a higher standard to set. Period.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Dont put words in my mouth Mey, where do I hate on any police? I dont feel any hate towards the police at all, other than when I'm being kettled, which is perfectly normal. I'm just stating what have happened to me, facts from my perspective. And I hope the decision to kettle big crowds is not up to a few policemen, on the spot.

Mey

Part of the furniture
They're not normal members of the public - they have a higher standard to set. Period.

"Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent upon every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence."

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent upon every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence."

Quote the government's PR if you must, but they lead by example.

There were riots when the police force was incepted...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Whats the viable alternative then?!

Accept that some people are going to be violent, no matter what you do. Identify them and punish them retrospectively, rather than collectively punishing the innocent.

You know - how it was done for decades until labour got in and spent ten years concerted effort taking rights off the demonstrating public.

And remember, demonstrations nowadays are pussy-whipped pansy-ass love-ins compared to how riots used to be...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Quote the government's PR if you must, but they lead by example.

There were riots when the police force was incepted...

No, that's the teachers, parents, perhaps politicians...not the police. Policing, as a term alone, has nothing to do with example.

Uphold the law, keep things safe and this does include inconviniencing the public if the situation calls for it.

Now you CAN blame individual cops for doing something unprofessional.

Atleat they're not christians eh? :giggle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom