Plot-holes in M.R.

S

Sar

Agents invade and take over a person's digital body in the matrix, relegating that person's own consciousness to the background (left running as a background process). This we saw from the first film. Normally the only way an agent leaves is if the body is too damaged to effectively use - IE Dead, or if they want to jump from one part of the Matrix environment to another quickly.

Removing the "Smith" layer/virus from those in the Matrix I assume would have left them as they were before (alive and well, with/without the memory of their being taken over). Why else would you (promise to) let people leave if they wanted to if they had yet to be inserted & connected to the Matrix?

No hole (sorry Wij, we know you love big gaping holes :D)!

W

Wij

Originally posted by Sar
Agents invade and take over a person's digital body in the matrix, relegating that person's own consciousness to the background (left running as a background process). This we saw from the first film. Normally the only way an agent leaves is if the body is too damaged to effectively use - IE Dead, or if they want to jump from one part of the Matrix environment to another quickly.

Removing the "Smith" layer/virus from those in the Matrix I assume would have left them as they were before (alive and well, with/without the memory of their being taken over). Why else would you (promise to) let people leave if they wanted to if they had yet to be inserted & connected to the Matrix?

No hole (sorry Wij, we know you love big gaping holes :D)!

But they did reboot the Matrix. Why didn't they just do that in the first place ?

S

Sar

Because Smith's code was still in there. It had to be destroyed to stop him doing the same again.

It couldn't reload without Neo's necessary code anyway, which is what nearly happened in Reloaded (hence the film's title).

IMO anyhoo.

:)

W

Wij

Speaking as someone who designs and builds systems it sounds like bull imo :)

P

PR.

Originally posted by Wij

Thats scary cos if you have the blaster virus rebooting the computer doesn't fix it. A REBUILD would but a reboot nope ;)

J

Jonaldo

They could just boot to DOS and delete Smith from there surely? Gotta have more than one form of operating system to run it.

S

(Shovel)

LOL. Yeah, I mean Intel are saying that running two OS's at once without a software Virtual PC system will be with us in a few years, and with Neo seemingly kitted out with 1000 mile ranged Wi-Fi, it only makes sense that by 2200, machines will have got the hand of this dual boot business.

"Oh shit, we erased the MBR for the Matrix".
"Oh well, shit happens. It's only the human race after all"
"But what about the power?"
"It's ok, this Intel Centrino kit has enhanced battery life, we're ok for hours"
*Look to camera + cheesy grins*

EDIT:// My God I'm a nerd... :(

C

Ch3tan

Its an action movie, watch it, enjoy, go home, leave it.

Your looking for the answer to life in hollywood. Its not real life its a movie, so why try and apply real-world understanding to it?

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Wij

smith is a dodgy program exploiting a wrongly coded bit of the kernel to continually replicate himself, anderson is the patch to fix it all. the smith-army exploding is the kernel killing off all processes as MatrixOS restarts. imo.

W

Wij

Rollback to a backup imo. Why trust a patch from an unknown vendor ?

N

nath

The machines brought it on themselves by not using a stable distro for mission critical work tbh, always so eager to get the new functionality. So naive :\

S

(Shovel)

I'm worried that we've become too nerdy for the Matrix. This cannot be good.

T

Tom

I'm worried that so many people (not just here) think that The Matrix is the most important cinematic event ever. The first one was a cracking film, but its fast becoming as stupidly influential as the original Star Wars, which was actually a pretty crap film.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Tom
I'm worried that so many people (not just here) think that The Matrix is the most important cinematic event ever. The first one was a cracking film, but its fast becoming as stupidly influential as the original Star Wars, which was actually a pretty crap film.

Don't be such a misery Tom. I just enjoyed the first film and a lot of the second one so it's a disappointment that the 3rd one is cack. That's all.

N

nath

The first star wars was rather good tbh! (ep 4 that is, natch!)

T

Tom

It was bloody shite, its an old wash-rag held together with bits of gold string.

S

Sar

The first Star Wars film was great, only bettered in the series by Empire.

TESB
ANH
RotJ
AotC

Plucking my pubic hairs out of my bollocks with tweezers whilst dousing them in vinegar over a roaring fire.

TPM

And it was shit.

P

PR.

Toms right Star Wars was shit, people still like it cos they saw it when they were a kid and its now just some comfy blanket to wrap yourself up in to convince yourself that you are still young and have your whole life ahead of you, when in actual fact your a greying balding 30+year old. :p

R

Rekin

Plot holes in Matrix Revolutions? I see none in all honesty. All I see are people either not paying attention or seriously unable to suspend disbelief.

S

Sir Frizz

I'd wager Star Wars brought a fairly nerdy subject to the mainstream, that's maybe why it's appreciated (I like it 'cos it's just plain fun). Much like how The Matrix brought a nerdy concept of Kung-Fu to the mainstream.

W

whipped

I'd love to see you call a Kung-Fu master nerdy :D

S

Sir Frizz

No, just the concept in films was regarded as nerdy. Of course i'd never be so bold as to insult a Kung-Fu Mastah. :)

D

Durzel

One minor blooper (?) I noticed whilst watching Reloaded yesterday on DVD again was when Morpheus shoots the SUV with the ghost twins in, and it blows up.. Trinity says "Morpheus", to which Link replies "He's ok"..

Only Trinity wasn't speaking into a phone or anything - she just said "Morpheus" aloud. If Link just said "He's ok" to himself (presumably?) then she wouldn't know if Morpheus was alive or dead, and probably wouldn't have continued on until she found out?

W

Wij

Did I miss something or was this a blooper ?

When Neo is at the train station he's in a coma. He's not 'Jacked in' as we keep being told.

Yet, when he eventually gets back to the matrix and then wakes up, they unhook his brain thingie :/

(Comic Store Bloater: Rest assured I was on the internet in minutes registering my disgust...)

J

jo.

Durzel - I assume Link saw Trinity looking back at the explosion in the code, and did a 'talking at the TV' moment... Trinity just realised "well, there's not much I can do for him now" and hopped on the bike.

Wij - I assume they dragged him off his coma table and hooked him up once Trinity/Morpheus called up and said they'd found Neo in the Matrix... I'm surprised more wasn't made of that, actually.

"Hmmm, Neo uploaded himself to the Matrix without being connected to it in any way ? How odd...

...what's for dinner ?"

T

Tom

Did you notice the second car to go over, the black one, the driver is wearing a helmet?

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Tom
Did you notice the second car to go over, the black one, the driver is wearing a helmet?
Not too mention that the car that Agent Johnson jumps onto, when it flips you can clearly see the full roll cage and lack of any trim panels on the door (i.e. a gutted stunt car).

S

Scouse

Fuck it. I liked it. Even tho some total c&nt0r told me the END OF THE FUCKING FILM before I saw it.

FUCKING waiting to find out by myself ever since the first film - and what happens? SOMEONE FUCKING TELLS ME.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.

FUCK.

]
FUCK.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom