Help Plex

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have never used that side of Kodi. I use Kodi to stream Media from my server only and in that it is so much better that Plex for what I need (I do not use a mobile to stream and I do not share a library across devices). You just scrap the TV and Movie folders and you then very easily watch them. No one I know who uses Kodi uses that feature and honestly I had no idea it could do it so sorry I am not of more use.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
@Gray you need to have updated url's for ice films etc, search for "2015 ice film url". If watching something like a tv show keeps buffering select one with mq at the end rather than HQ. Phoenix is the best to watch footy but its limited and will buffer, only way to get all matches is to get a vpn and a NBC Sports login which are £20 off eBay. Not tv hd quality but not far off and little buffering.

It isn't Virgin blocking anything. If there are no streams that's just how it is. Move to the next stream.

I can't type loads because it's early, I'm on my phone and you'll probably never even read this or listen to what I've said :eek:

:)

soze

I am a FH squatter
In Soze's continuing adventures with Plex I got the NowTV bundle with the two month movie pass for £8.99 last week and i just side loaded RARFlix onto it and Plex is great to use. The box is a little slow but a Roku might be the answer. For now I ordered the 3 more for the other TV's which will get me 7 months of Entertainment and 5 months of movies on NowTV plus all the boxes for £36.96 and I just sold 2 Fire TV Sticks for £25 each.

The interface is so much better with a unwatched section which makes it instantly better than the XBone. And I don't need a PlexPass.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah £35 new. Or £19 each when I got them.

Poag

m00?
Meh the Plex app in the Amazon store seems to be a fairly old one. Works well enough but if you dont run your own server (my parents for example use my server) all the media is hidden away in the Social menu rather than on the front of the home screen.

I still put Chromecast as superior to Fire TV Stick personally. CC2 is apparently due this year so various places are discounting the original CCs atm.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Have no problems with chromecast either, using Plex. The only annoyance is having to pause it on the PC - I haven't got around to/cba to set it up with my phone.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I always stick my oar in when Plex is mentioned, it still annoys me I don't get on with it. Anyway, could my server possibly be the problem, I am on Windows Server 11 (IIRC, @soze may remember better). Can Windows 10 completely replace a Windows Server OS for my needs, which are basic (movies, music and stuff to the devices in my house and a seedbox for torrents and SabNZB)? I reckon Linux could do everything but I have 0 experience with it.

Poag

m00?
Have no problems with chromecast either, using Plex. The only annoyance is having to pause it on the PC - I haven't got around to/cba to set it up with my phone.

If you've got a CEC compatible TV. You can use your TV remote to pause the Chromecast playback. My 2011 Samsung lets me pause, play, rewind, ffword.

Poag

m00?
I always stick my oar in when Plex is mentioned, it still annoys me I don't get on with it. Anyway, could my server possibly be the problem, I am on Windows Server 11 (IIRC, @soze may remember better). Can Windows 10 completely replace a Windows Server OS for my needs, which are basic (movies, music and stuff to the devices in my house and a seedbox for torrents and SabNZB)? I reckon Linux could do everything but I have 0 experience with it.

Girl in the office has a HP N45L running Win7 as her media server. Runs SAB Sonarr CP Plex without issue. Its a bit slow but once it gets going it handles transcoding pretty well for 2-3 streams.

Alternatively, if you want to go the Nix route. Get the trial of Unraid, the dockers make things alot easier now, you just have to stab in the paths during setup and then youc an forget about what os you are running on and config the apps themselves as you would on any OS. You will need to reformat your storage however for UR. I'd recommend giving it a test on another device to see if you like the setup/can get it to work for you before applying it to your media server.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My Plex is going wonky. Won't update the libraries properly anymore. Nothing wrong with file formats or where they're located, and it will pick up some files but not others. Really irritating.

Poag

m00?
My Plex is going wonky. Won't update the libraries properly anymore. Nothing wrong with file formats or where they're located, and it will pick up some files but not others. Really irritating.
I assume you've changed nothing about how files are delivered roughly around when this started? New downloader or import method for example? My immediate thought would be file permissions stopping ti from iding the files?

But without further knowledge of your OS and setup...its a guess.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I assume you've changed nothing about how files are delivered roughly around when this started? New downloader or import method for example? My immediate thought would be file permissions stopping ti from iding the files?

But without further knowledge of your OS and setup...its a guess.

Nah, nothing. I thought it might be an out of date version on my Synology (Plex is one of the few things you have to keep updated manually), but its all up to date. And like I said, its weirdly intermittent. The other thing is that the Synology VideoStation app is picking up the files, and that's normally a lot more picky about file names and structures than Plex. I may have to do a re-install.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Plex went free (to all users) on Playstation yesterday.
Although on my measly PS3 it's uber slow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom