News PlayStation 5 Details revealed

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yea, I have a lot of physical games, like 20-30 so it doesn't make much sense getting digital for me since it apparently will have ps4 compatibility.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hay'up

Be interesting to see what they do. Microsoft have a really good pay monthly strategy that's very tempting but if Sony put their digital version right in the middle I don't see them losing any existing customers. Some of Microsoft's might be annoyed that the cheaper XBOX is pretty gimped as well. Sony might do well to do the subscription thing and undercut the high tier.

Even then Microsoft won't totally lose out as Sony are using their cloud iirc

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yea, hands down the Game Pass on Xbox shits all over Playstation Now and I have Playstation Now... I think Sony could definitely invest more into Playstation Now to bring it up to the same standard as Game Pass.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Microsoft just got fucked as far as console wars go.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Microsoft just got fucked as far as console wars go.
Not convinced, £70 controllers, £70 games. I'm on PS4 right now and XBOX is starting to feel like the better option.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not convinced, £70 controllers, £70 games. I'm on PS4 right now and XBOX is starting to feel like the better option.

Third party developers are trying to push £70 price increase as well, it's not just a Sony thing. 2K Games is the main culprit, they were the ones that first came out with it awhile back.

As for the controllers, its not such a stretch, the ps4 controllers were £50 at one point and the PS5 ones have additional features.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Third party developers are trying to push £70 price increase as well, it's not just a Sony thing. 2K Games is the main culprit, they were the ones that first came out with it awhile back.

As for the controllers, its not such a stretch, the ps4 controllers were £50 at one point and the PS5 ones have additional features.
It's an artificial inflation though, a game is either fun or it's not. People are just being conned that "lulz, more $$$ for sup3r h1gh f1delity pl0x" makes sense. Plus everything now is rammed with micro-transactions.

Controllers are just the latests money spinner for console manufacturers to balance out subsidising the price of the consoles imho. The controllers are no better now than they were with the PS3. It's stupid because people do still play games together.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Pre orders happening now in UK, Amazon just sold out i think

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm going to leave it a few months, can't get a PS5 and a 3080 :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
think i'll leave it until after xmas, I was going to buy one at launch but the launch titles don't seem that amazing (apart from Demon's Souls), if FF16 was a launch title i'd have bought it straight away.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My son is nagging me relentlessly now about getting a PS5 for Xmas.

/edit: And surely that will mean upgrading his telly/monitor to a 4k one. Twat.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
fuck it, went ahead with it anyway >< need that Demon's Souls

1600343421582.png

Pre-ordered it from Currys, £5 deposit to place your pre-order.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Kids make friendship groups based on that. I've always been PS so Matthew has a PS4. Hence his new best mate is one of the only kids who is also a PS4er. I think I've narrowed his social circle and he will probably end up being a serial killer.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Kids make friendship groups based on that. I've always been PS so Matthew has a PS4. Hence his new best mate is one of the only kids who is also a PS4er. I think I've narrowed his social circle and he will probably end up being a serial killer.

Look on the bright side, at least he was a Sony fanboy :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

Got to love the inflated prices people will pay.

I saw a thing where a bloke was so bitter he didn't get one, he made a bot that created ebay accounts and maxed out the bids with the intent of not actually paying for it.

Not all heroes wear capes.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I saw a thing where a bloke was so bitter he didn't get one, he made a bot that created ebay accounts and maxed out the bids with the intent of not actually paying for it.

Not all heroes wear capes.

Aye he did, it wasn't over PS5's though it was over the new RTX 3000 series graphics cards :p his bot puts fake bids in up to $50,000 then never pays them ultimately stopping scalpers from reselling the cards on eBay.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Got my confirmation off currys for mine, roll on the 19th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom