News PlayStation 5 Details revealed

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
OK Boomer ;)

Thank Jesus at it being able to lay flat. Unless they release a white XBSX it'd sit in a cupboard. If both white, both sides of the TV!

Based on Ratchet and Clank I'm probably grabbing the PS5 first. Going to be an expensive year as Baldur's Gate 3 is also coming out so I need a PC refresh too.
Yeh it's going to be expensive as fuck. Easily a grand on 2 consoles this year if you can get one that is.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Yeh it's going to be expensive as fuck. Easily a grand on 2 consoles this year if you can get one that is.

If you're including games + accessories, probably. Looking at £499/£599 for the digitial/non-digital consoles each (Else they've just taken 3/4 of the UK market out of commission). Going to assume anything between £49.99 and £69.99 (... I hope it's not £70 a game) for release titles. Assume 3-4 games per console, £200 (If at £50 each)... Yeah.. Close to £2k - Ouch.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Saying that I just skipped through the event, some interesting games, the graphics look good (though streamed at 1080p).

I own both a PS4 and Xbox One X, no doubt will end up buying both again. FS.

What I would give for some new Burnout games....
Old Burnout is on Steam now and at a discount:

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1238080/Burnout_Paradise_Remastered/

I think it's quite a good unit design but the colours are naff, it needs to come in an all black version

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I cannot remember which console I have it on :) Will have to fire them up after work and find out.
Burnout is coming out on the switch also.

but whats the point of getting an xbox if you have a gaming pc cause all the xbox games will be available for pc as well.
So only a ps5 for me.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Burnout is coming out on the switch also.

but whats the point of getting an xbox if you have a gaming pc cause all the xbox games will be available for pc as well.
So only a ps5 for me.
My PC is not in my lounge (nor will it ever be). Sometimes I like to sit on the sofa and play games on a 55" screen.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My PC is not in my lounge (nor will it ever be). Sometimes I like to sit on the sofa and play games on a 55" screen.
I have switch for lounge gaming.
For the sake of a few exclusives on the xbox i wouldnt buy it. You can stream your pc to the tv and play the games?

my ps4 is not in my living room either.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have switch for lounge gaming.
For the sake of a few exclusives on the xbox i wouldnt buy it. You can stream your pc to the tv and play the games?

my ps4 is not in my living room either.
Casting games? Fuck that.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'll buy one... not 100% sure if I'll buy it at release or not though, I want to see what launch titles it has before I pre-order anything.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'll buy one... not 100% sure if I'll buy it at release or not though, I want to see what launch titles it has before I pre-order anything.
Yeah i have never bought a console at launch. Dont see the point. Waiting to see how all the bugs are fixed and stuff till the second delivery shipments come in.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If you're including games + accessories, probably. Looking at £499/£599 for the digitial/non-digital consoles each (Else they've just taken 3/4 of the UK market out of commission). Going to assume anything between £49.99 and £69.99 (... I hope it's not £70 a game) for release titles. Assume 3-4 games per console, £200 (If at £50 each)... Yeah.. Close to £2k - Ouch.

Digital is always more expensive than physical I find. Last few triple A ones I've bought were at least and as for which model, that depends, I would assume the digital version would have a bigger HDD and given the apparent price of their flashy new SSD that'll prob add a fair chunk to the price.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yeah i have never bought a console at launch. Dont see the point. Waiting to see how all the bugs are fixed and stuff till the second delivery shipments come in.

I bought the PS4 a bout 2 months after launch or so iirc, it would have to have really specific launch titles to make me buy it from day 1

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fired up the Xbox One X and there shining like a diamond was Burnout Paradise.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Looking through the artwork after completing Last of Us 2 and a good proportion of the screenshots look like they might be PS5 renders. Most are obvious mock ups but a few are definitely gameplay.

I'll buy one eventually but I won't be able to mount it behind my TV like my PS4 pro so fuck knows where I will put it, looks like an absolute unit. The Adebayo Akinfenwa of consoles.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looking through the artwork after completing Last of Us 2 and a good proportion of the screenshots look like they might be PS5 renders. Most are obvious mock ups but a few are definitely gameplay.

I'll buy one eventually but I won't be able to mount it behind my TV like my PS4 pro so fuck knows where I will put it, looks like an absolute unit. The Adebayo Akinfenwa of consoles.

Oh it's big

1593703612609.png

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's annoying, PS4 just fits between the two shelves I've got by my TV in the lounge :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I don’t think it will fit in the shelf my PS4 Pro currently occupies:

2F88D1E3-FC83-4C50-B532-1590AAE35925.jpeg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would definitely go for a non-disk version at those sorts of prices.

...although trading shit in is tempting, got so many old games that I don't play in my library, it's not like you save much with the digital download from the PS store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom