Planetside.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Anyone still playing this? I just orderd a copy with add on for 10 Euro. :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Check ure PMs ;)

Fellbeast

Loyal Freddie
Is planetside actually any good? Looks cool enough, IMHO, but I haven't heard any critics of it

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've been enjoying it for well over 9 months now. The gameplay is good with huge fights taking place on a regular basis. There are some annoyances from time to time but on the whole no 2 days are the same. The development is ongoing, and although there have been some hiccups there are fairly frequent patches, often involving new features or gameplay to keep interest up.

Server stability is pretty good, but on the downside you do need a decent machine to be honest, and although they may say 56k on the box, it's really only a game for broadband users, in my view.

Good points: pick up and put down, don't need to be top level uber d00d to compete.

Bad points: when you're getting it handed to you as a faction, it can be totally demoralising, and if you don't have enough RAM it's gonna chug.

Sigurd

Banned
Logged on, played it for a few hours, logged off, uninstalled it.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Karam_Gruul said:
really fun for about 2 weeks, then it just stops being fun and starts being repetetive...

Sigurd said:
Logged on, played it for a few hours, logged off, uninstalled it.

Sorry, I missed these out of the 'good points about Planetside' :)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dook said:
Haha, below the belt imo. :p

Perhaps so, but could anybody have resisted with those 2 posts following mine? ;)

Sigurd

Banned
How objective of a mod :rolleyes: fact is, it's a crap game with a crap playerbase, demonstrated by the above.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry, I forgot to have my sense of humour removed when I became a mod :)

Now, don't you be starting as flame war :touch:

Cyfr

Banned
Planetside is great, i'd still be playing it now if the leader of a nice outfit wasn't an ignorent bitch. :)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cyfr said:
Planetside is great, i'd still be playing it now

... not in our outfit, you ignorant child :)

Edit: Add that to the list of good points :kissit:

Cyfr

Banned
I think you will find I quit long before you decided I was no longer in the outfit. :)
You also can't call me ignorent when you're just as bad. :)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cyfr said:
I think you will find I quit long before you decided I was no longer in the outfit. :)
You also can't call me ignorent when you're just as bad. :)

Should only help with recruitment.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
It was a fun game. You logged on, clicked 'Take me to the battle!' and within 20secs you were in the middle of a war ;). As somebody said, it was fun for the first 2 weeks but after that it did seem like same old and at the end of the day it was just a good shoot em up but couldnt hold many peoples interest for that long I imagine.

The Reason I stopped playing probably was because I never found a good outfit actually :p. Thats the only thing that keeps me playing Daoc as is, a Brillant Guild :).

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
It's more the sort of thing that you can play for an hour or two every few nights, than a something you can spend 4 hours a day playing, as it gets boring pretty quickly after the sparkly new feeling wears off.

And I don't really think I could bring myself to pay monthly for a game that will only get played occasionally... or not played at all :p

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
I played during open beta and then a couple of months into retail, it is good but it just doesn't have that pull to keep you playing. I tried again a few months when i was between MMORPG's and could only bring myself to play for a few days.

CliffyG

Fledgling Freddie
I've just read that they are re-enabling all old accounts for a free months gaming. Dunno what dates though.

Sigurd

Banned
Jupitus said:
Sorry, I forgot to have my sense of humour removed when I became a mod :)

Now, don't you be starting as flame war :touch:

Oh, the irony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom