Perma TS : And so history repeats

Show

Fledgling Freddie
hope they add more stuff so all the sbs/infils/ns stops playing.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Glottis said:
Lol, what a retarded post to be honest. Of course Jox tries his best to out perform Dicer....

Claiming archers are some non stop killing machine like assasins are is just utter and compleet bollocks. Maybe at the very start of DaoC where archers overpowered. But with the introduction of self bt and numerous other stealth nerfs this has not been the case for most of the passed 2 years.
See hidden was even more retarded, and yet all the SB's felt it complemented their overpowered LA very well.
Can assasins please not bitch about archers being able to get 1k range SH for the cost of 30 something RP's, compared to 3.5k range SH at the cost of 8 rp's that the assasin community enjoyed?
If this is too much for you CS bot noobs to understand, tough.
Regards, Glottis

I think that about covers it all really.

emma

Loyal Freddie
There will be no way of escaping a TS3 archer as an Assassin in Frontiers.

TS3 is 3k range. An assassins only means of escape Vanish 3 is only 2k range.

All the archer has to do is pan his camera spot the Assassin and pluck him full of arrows. The assassin cant do shit cos they cant attack for 30 seconds after using Vanish.

Sure its revenge for the archers for the past 2 years where they have been slaughtered by assassins. But do two wrongs make a right. No.

The Assassin community will all but dissapear if these RA`s go live as they are currently. You can do all the QQ`n etc you want. But you`ll (mr. archer) searching around with nothing but other archers to kill.

Ohh and TS3 + Minstrel speed = Overpowered.

3000 range basically the distance of AMG BM to Just down near the start of the bowl area in emain, ie a bloody long way.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
The Assassin community will all but dissapear if these RA`s go live as they are currently.
oh no! not that!!!

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:

TS1 is 200 2 is 500 and 3 is 1k so the rest of your post is most likely nonsense. Also on every page(well atleast 1 and 2 and now 3 aswell) of this thread it has been mentioned that its 1k range for 30 points so you might have done some more reading before opening your mouth.

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL I love these kind of threads.

Fact 1 - New Frontiers and it's new RA system isn't tested fully yet, so you don't have a clue what will go live.

Fact 2 - You are comparing New Frontiers to old style RVR when you don't have a clue how the terrain re-vamp will affect the fights.

Fact 3 - Many of the so-called uber l33t wtfpwning RAs will cost nearly a third of all the RPs you will ever make.

Why don't you wait and see how everything takes shape before you scream for nerfs?

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
CjkaceBM said:

Fact 1 - New Frontiers and it's new RA system isn't tested fully yet, so you don't have a clue what will go live.

Fact 2 - You are comparing New Frontiers to old style RVR when you don't have a clue how the terrain re-vamp will affect the fights.

Fact 3 - Many of the so-called uber l33t wtfpwning RAs will cost nearly a third of all the RPs you will ever make.

Why don't you wait and see how everything takes shape before you scream for nerfs?

Fact 1: ppl allready know how TS works, only difrens is the new 1 will "only" be 1k range and permanent.

Fact 2: the terrain re-vamp will benefict archers most as ull u slower be runing up hills, means more time to fill the assasin with arrows.

Fact 3: ppl WILL actully spend 30 RPs to get thing like purge3, TS3 etc.

Aussie

Banned
emma said:

All the archer has to do is pan his camera spot the Assassin and pluck him full of arrows. The assassin cant do shit cos they cant attack for 30 seconds after using Vanish.

Sure its revenge for the archers for the past 2 years where they have been slaughtered by assassins. But do two wrongs make a right. No.

The Assassin community will all but dissapear if these RA`s go live as they are currently. You can do all the QQ`n etc you want. But you`ll (mr. archer) searching around with nothing but other archers to kill.

Ohh and TS3 + Minstrel speed = Overpowered.

3000 range basically the distance of AMG BM to Just down near the start of the bowl area in emain, ie a bloody long way.

kinda shows how much you know about it. you sir are totally. CLUELESS xD

Aussie

Banned
emma said:
mastery of retirement 2 ?

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
CjkaceBM said:

I agree here, I suggest wait till Frontiers is out then whine all you can :). Till then, I will drool about the idea of my Dashing Defense 3 :p.

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
with the 8pt SH RA - i retired my RR6 Ranger allmost 2yrs ago...

now it's archers that are getting Passive TS ...

this is totally gay .. i think the korean mythic dev team should look at what certain RA's / skills did to certain classes imo.

Archers shouldnt be able to see assasins til lthey get attacked ... Maybe if it was 1min usage every 5 mins - it would be more acceptable .. but truely .. passive .. sick :|

liloe

It's my birthday today!
1 You just spotted an infil
2 You shoot for xx dmg +0 (our uber ranger dmg add)
3 You shoot, but he evades
4 goto 3 till melee range
5 oh wait, I don't have a bb but gimpy wpn spec to higher my PF
6 You get killed

OK..maybe it's exagerated =) but what I want to say is: passive see hidden is not really overpowered and it has to be seen how it works in action, so don't QQ in advance, mkay? =)

I can't understand why ppl get to upset. Think about it, it's not good for your heart and whining won't change anything....although the original post was quite fun I must admit =))

P.S. if you want, ignore point 1-6, I'm not so used to stealth war but assassin evade rate is evil...same ofc for tanks who block the hell outa you.

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Only thing that could return a scout to his former ability to actually kill things as he used to is, quite frankly, a nuclear missile RA. The ability to instantly wipe out half of emain with the touch of 1 button.

Over the years he's become a joke. Bow damage is now completely woefull (when it actually hits that is because half the time it misses, gets evaded, or blocked), melee skill and damage is crap (even when speccing into the 30's), shield is next to useless because of the dual wield bug, and the same goes for evade.

Add to this the fact he has had his ass handed to him for well over a year thanks to See Hidden, which basically made it impossible to play the game anymore as a soloer, the Scout easily qualifies as the most shafted class in the whole game. Oh and Camo is a waste of quickbar space tbh, the recast timer is a joke and just sums up the half-assed thinking that goes on over at mythic and goa.

Oh and if this is meant to be history repeating, please don't bother saying anything if the only history you know of on this subject is what has been happening in BG.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
the Scout easily qualifies as the most shafted class in the whole game

Thane?....

Belomar

Part of the furniture
The original See Hidden made me stop soloing with my minstrel and killed off a lot of the fun I had with it. Now, New Frontiers is introducing new RAs that are threatening to do the same for my new main (no MotArt?!? :().

CjkaceBM

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
Only thing that could return a scout to his former ability to actually kill things as he used to is, quite frankly, a nuclear missile RA. The ability to instantly wipe out half of emain with the touch of 1 button.

Over the years he's become a joke. Bow damage is now completely woefull (when it actually hits that is because half the time it misses, gets evaded, or blocked), melee skill and damage is crap (even when speccing into the 30's), shield is next to useless because of the dual wield bug, and the same goes for evade.

Add to this the fact he has had his ass handed to him for well over a year thanks to See Hidden, which basically made it impossible to play the game anymore as a soloer, the Scout easily qualifies as the most shafted class in the whole game. Oh and Camo is a waste of quickbar space tbh, the recast timer is a joke and just sums up the half-assed thinking that goes on over at mythic and goa.

Oh and if this is meant to be history repeating, please don't bother saying anything if the only history you know of on this subject is what has been happening in BG.

Realistically you can group all 3 archers. I can't think of any class that has been trod on so much since this game started. Once they were the most hated in the game (I loathed all Hunters/Scouts when I used to wander about outside Ligen) and now they are an object of pity.

I cannot recall once that I've been killed 1 v 1 by an archer for about a year. They are so pitiful that I don't even carry a shield for engage, preferring to /face, run at them at normal speed (evading half their shots along the way) and then trashing them in melee. There was a time that I would have been facedown within half the distance, that time is a distant memory.

Nobody wants them in groups because melee/magic are best.
They can't solo that well because of so many buffed assassins about.

Should archers be the soloers most deadly enemy? YES
Are they the soloers most deadly enemy? NO

That they are getting passive TS is to give them a chance against their most deadly foe, and good luck to them.

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
The original See Hidden made me stop soloing with my minstrel and killed off a lot of the fun I had with it. Now, New Frontiers is introducing new RAs that are threatening to do the same for my new main (no MotArt?!? :().
aug dex
wp
mom

think it'll be ok for casters still ;)

no need to waste rsps on crap moc, and with good perfectors in group power's not such an issue, so the nerf to rp and mcl won't be TOO bad i hope

time will tell

back on topic, it seems archers are however becoming godlike once again..

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
Amadon said:
back on topic, it seems archers are however becoming godlike once again..
i'll believe that when i can kill assassins from 1000 units range...

Dicer

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with archers is not that they will be able to kill assasins
in 1 on 1 shooting them from 1000 distance , or being godlike.
The problem is that archers will be able to leech rps with impunity
from 1800 distance without no one being able to detect them after.
Albs will have the advantage of stealthed minstrels that can reach with speed to archers before they stealth if they are close enough , but assasins
which were given by mythic the ability to track archers better than any class (except archer ts) will be useless for that job.
TS3 Archers will have a guarentee that no one is 1k distance from them when they start shooting.
They will shoot till a stealther comes 1k distance and than run and stealth
avoid any stealther that try to ambush them and do it again.
Some of the better archers do it successfully today even with SH.
Aussi would lurk hour near MTK and do loads of RPs even with SBs with SH around. If he had perma TS3 (as he will) he could be there a whole day and
an army of sbs or perma TS2 archers wont be able to track him.

There is same problem with assasins but there is Stealth lore , PNs , dot mines and True sight to deal with them and its mroe efefctive since they have to get close to their targets. Archers dont need to.
It will be worse than at the first days of the game since the perma TS3 archers will have advanace notice of the assasins or perma TS2 archers that will be inc to track them.

albs will ahve advantage in stealth wars with mincer , TS3 scout and inf team.

Assasins will lose the last usefullness they had which is to track other stealthers.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Archers will never be able to kill from 1800 range at free will.
Not sure where you got that notion from. A solo tank will just be able to block all shots, a solo wiz is supposed to die to an archer, but has a very good chance to gank the crap out of it (pet or quickcast for example).
So not sure why you fear some kind of return to more than 2 years ago, when archers where uber...
Regards, Glottis

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Glottis said:
Archers will never be able to kill from 1800 range at free will.
Not sure where you got that notion from. A solo tank will just be able to block all shots, a solo wiz is supposed to die to an archer, but has a very good chance to gank the crap out of it (pet or quickcast for example).
So not sure why you fear some kind of return to more than 2 years ago, when archers where uber...
Regards, Glottis

Read his post?

He said leech, not kill to be accurat.... :p

And there is a difference, even if the Archer get's the killing shot :p

Jarl

Fledgling Freddie
lol at any assassin whining, go die u have easy mode long enough.

And yeh i play a assasinclass from time to time but not more, get very lil out of killing someone with em, amagaad pressed meh insta win button!

:flame: nerf assassins to hell :p

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
TS3 nerfed to 800 range, always something \o/
And their phsyical defense does nothing vs elemental weaps

Raguel

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
:D

Well said Dicer.

I rather fight heat-legendary-weilding infils in rr 10+ than rr 2 snipers with perma-TS, hell even a tossers like Slotty will be a threat.

Well jox i'm looking forward to it :p getting pa'ed by u 2 times for about 950 dmg isn't that great while running to amg to try to get one shot of before being ganked :p

Anyway scout is still fun and that's what counts to me :p

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
....And once again the minstrels were left out, and no one cared....

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom