Patch=ragnarök

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with the guy that said about no ra's real advantage with ra's for mid.

Savage will be fixed, shouts make the class, and how can you hit 4 times with 2 weapons? Oo

LA needs sorting, lack of good anytimes, and I thought the whole idea of light tanks was to do positional styles for dmg, yet, styles all seem simular in dmg.

Saw alot of warriors was being lvl'd when I was last on mid, maybe will be facing them soon? imo their evul.

There was been nerfs, fixes but alot of classes/ra's haven't. :/

For example, PA is ment to be one of the highest dmging styles, yet, 2hd PA against BoF for 40 dmg. Or a healer landing a good mezz on a group, GP and their all alive and kicking, immune to more mezz.

Alb have their merc's, that DT makes them too too hard to hit.
Mid has its zerk's, that can turn into a rat and get 3 hit with no defences.
I don't know about hibs lately, as they've only come on to the scene lately.

What advantage will mid have now is my question?

Time will tell I guess...

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
In fotm vs fotm fg vs fg fights I dont see how a mid group is move effective then the other..I see alb groups, PEs group for example, beat the living shite out of many gank groups in mid, and they do it with 1 healer (cleric) less to keep there caster/casters, healers and tanks alive..
A mid group needs 3 healers + shaman..

A mid group dont _need_ 3 healer's any more than an alb group would need cleric. Fact is, Alb's got their utility spread out so much they can only run with 2 clerics, although if cleric's could get pac spec instead of smite and get baseline cure mez believe me gank groups would drop the sorc for a cleric. But they don't. In compensation of having their utility spread out on a number of classes, we receive strong RA's.

GrivneKelmorian said:
IMO, there is other things to be adressed in fg vs fg combat then nerfing the shite out of one realms most effective dmg dealer that isnt a caster...

The savage nerf is hardly nerfing the shite out of anything, their quadrate gets lowered but Quickness fix in 1.64 is a boost to Savage damage. It's a mild nerf in my opinion, and something that wont be too hard to live with.

GrivneKelmorian said:
Midgard has to fight against these things everyday...its hard enough as it is now...and now we are getting another nerf to fight against...Me for one think its just not fair...its just not fair.

Maybe it is hard...I don't feel like it's easy to play Albion either. Guess the game isn't suppose to be easy for anyone. I do know however, that Midgard has yet to tap the full the potential of their classes.

GrivneKelmorian said:
I dont like or enjoy fotm rvr so im not botherd about fotm classes in my realm beeing nerfed. But when I see my realm falling apart couse of Mythics bad judgement I get pissed off.
No wounder mids quit the game or leave midgard when beeing treated like RP cows by the people they pay money to (mythic mainly ;)).

I don't think Midgard is falling a part, I'm sure you will be fine. Both Albion and Midgard have their moments of being RP cows, and then you have the Hibs hugging trees in Connacht.

Jaem- said:
I agree with the guy that said about no ra's real advantage with ra's for mid.

Midgard is probably the realm that comes out worst from RA's. I agree with that. It doesn't mean it's imbalanced tho, it could be it's needed to balance against Midgard's high utility classes such as Healers and Shamans.

Jaem- said:
LA needs sorting, lack of good anytimes, and I thought the whole idea of light tanks was to do positional styles for dmg, yet, styles all seem simular in dmg.

Dual Wield don't have any good anytimers either. It's common for light tanks to rely on positionals.

Jaem- said:
For example, PA is ment to be one of the highest dmging styles, yet, 2hd PA against BoF for 40 dmg. Or a healer landing a good mezz on a group, GP and their all alive and kicking, immune to more mezz.

Those are RA's on 30 minute timer. Hibs have to face BOF like Albs have to face GP.

Jaem- said:
Alb have their merc's, that DT makes them too too hard to hit.
Mid has its zerk's, that can turn into a rat and get 3 hit with no defences.
I don't know about hibs lately, as they've only come on to the scene lately.

What advantage will mid have now is my question?

Ratmode is a very nice light tank ability if you pull it off at the right times. Critting for 1-99% on every hit is NASTY, it's basically insta 50% increase to damage.

It's hard to predict the outcome of patch changes, but after all, we're only staying at 1.65 for 3 weeks, so it's not really the long term we're talking about here.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Lets see how it is, if nerf is alot then yes i expect i quit game, always midgard that is nerfed while other realms get love. If midgard cant hit hard anymore we have totally nothing going for us.

As it is atm Hibs have serious pbaoe damage and interupts and ra's ... Albs have nice damage and bof + sos and midgard has nice interupts + best tank damage as in savage. Even as it is now id say midgard is hardly overpowered, without best damage we are nothing. Im talking high RR GG vs GG rvr ofc. If only mythic look more at this then at the rr1 epic wearing spotty newbie alb whining about savage damage we might have a better game overall.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
The savage nerf is hardly nerfing the shite out of anything, their quadrate gets lowered but Quickness fix in 1.64 is a boost to Savage damage. It's a mild nerf in my opinion, and something that wont be too hard to live with.

What I heard of my friends on US is that most savages have speced out of savagery couse it drains way to much hp...

And if a class is specing out of its class specific specline i call it nerfed the shite out of.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Eheh

Morchaoron said:
patch?? patch??

i thought toa was bad but what is wrong with the patch??

edit: oh wait a sec... you mean the savage quad hit rate fix???

HAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH if people leave cuz of that

Agree :)

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
I don't think Midgard is falling a part, I'm sure you will be fine. Both Albion and Midgard have their moments of being RP cows, and then you have the Hibs hugging trees in Connacht.

From my point of view midgard on prydwen has lost the will to fight. We dont stand a chance against uber opted gank groups on relics. Neither do us shadowblades stand a chance agains the infs on 3 relics and almost every week people are leaving midgard for either other realms on prydwen or excal.

Old.Ilum said:
Midgard is probably the realm that comes out worst from RA's. I agree with that. It doesn't mean it's imbalanced tho, it could be it's needed to balance against Midgard's high utility classes such as Healers and Shamans.

Midgards high utility classes?...healer and shaman...Personally i dont consider shaman neither overpowerd or have more utility then many alb classes.
Take minstre...IMO best class in the game with its utility to solo, stealthzerg, group with other stealthers, its RAs, its melee power. The sorc...the ability to spec for best aoe mezz, better nukes, aoe root, mezz redcution chants (self and group). Paladin...heal chant, af chant, end chant, resist chants and the ability to twist...the scout even works better in a group then for example the thane...having guard and range in same class (and scouts do way better ranged dmg then a thane and have access to a high dex race).

Old.Ilum said:
Dual Wield don't have any good anytimers either. It's common for light tanks to rely on positionals.

But dualwield dosnt gimp dmg for offhand (reducing it to 62.5% when using LA)

Old.Ilum said:
Those are RA's on 30 minute timer. Hibs have to face BOF like Albs have to face GP.

And mids answer to both is a ae root and a rezz...both can save the group but is nothing to compare to bof and SoS or GP and baod and TWL.

Old.Ilum said:
Ratmode is a very nice light tank ability if you pull it off at the right times. Critting for 1-99% on every hit is NASTY, it's basically insta 50% increase to damage.

Ratmode is nice yes, but as it removes all the defence its not that hard for an assist train as he has no defence.

Old.Ilum said:
It's hard to predict the outcome of patch changes, but after all, we're only staying at 1.65 for 3 weeks, so it's not really the long term we're talking about here.

But we can guess based on whats happned on U.S.

Morchaoron said:
patch?? patch??

i thought toa was bad but what is wrong with the patch??

edit: oh wait a sec... you mean the savage quad hit rate fix???

HAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH if people leave cuz of that

Midgardians isnt leaving couse of this patch alone. People are leaving couse of repeated times beeing nerfed while seeing the other realms getting boost after boost or not getting the nerfs/fixes they need.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
snoz said:
Even as it is now id say midgard is hardly overpowered, without best damage we are nothing.

Can't you come up with anything other than Savage groups? I bet Maelstrom by now has a good knowledge about RvR, and should be able to play decent with some other setup no? :touch:

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
From my point of view midgard on prydwen has lost the will to fight. We dont stand a chance against uber opted gank groups on relics. Neither do us shadowblades stand a chance agains the infs on 3 relics and almost every week people are leaving midgard for either other realms on prydwen or excal.

You always have the option of trying to take relics back instead of wanking about in Surs ;p

GrivneKelmorian said:
Midgards high utility classes?...healer and shaman...Personally i dont consider shaman neither overpowerd or have more utility then many alb classes.
Take minstre...IMO best class in the game with its utility to solo, stealthzerg, group with other stealthers, its RAs, its melee power. The sorc...the ability to spec for best aoe mezz, better nukes, aoe root, mezz redcution chants (self and group). Paladin...heal chant, af chant, end chant, resist chants and the ability to twist...the scout even works better in a group then for example the thane...having guard and range in same class (and scouts do way better ranged dmg then a thane and have access to a high dex race).

I'm not talking about solo utility or utility in stealth zergs. I'm talking about pure group utility for FG+ RvR. And in that aspect, Midgard comes out best.

GrivneKelmorian said:
And mids answer to both is a ae root and a rezz...both can save the group but is nothing to compare to bof and SoS or GP and baod and TWL.

I agree fully that Ichor and PR cant compare to BOF/SOS/BAOD/GP. But like I said, I think that Albion has gotten better RA's to compensate for lack of high utility classes. There's such a big difference in a Hib/Alb groups performance when RA's are up rather than down.

GrivneKelmorian said:
Ratmode is nice yes, but as it removes all the defence its not that hard for an assist train as he has no defence.

Which is why you cant spam it like any random Savage spams his anytime or resist chants...you have to use it at the right time.

GrivneKelmorian said:
Midgardians isnt leaving couse of this patch alone. People are leaving couse of repeated times beeing nerfed while seeing the other realms getting boost after boost or not getting the nerfs/fixes they need.

I hear this a lot from Mids, but I have to say I dont really understand it. You've gotten some nerfs, but most people have agreed they were needed. You've also gotten some love, or have you forgotten completely about Bonedancers and Savages? I do agree that Infiltrators > SB's etc but I dont really care about stealth wars and hadnt the stealthers been hugely overpopulated this wouldnt been seen as much of a problem by most people.

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Amelyn said:
Can't you come up with anything other than Savage groups? I bet Maelstrom by now has a good knowledge about RvR, and should be able to play decent with some other setup no? :touch:
Well, zerker does worse damage then merc or bm';s so why use that .. sm pbaoe group is ok yes, but kinda useless vs eclipse and np and also most of us already run pbaoe group on excal, so its hardly what we wanna do on mid also.

Anyway we have realm ranks on our currant setup, dont really wanna start at realm rank 1 again

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
GrivneKelmorian said:
as from my point of view...

that armsman RA i can never remember the name of

P.S whats this merc boost i hear about?

SB or Soldiers barricade

anytime 6s stun in Crush line

most merc will respec

mid out damage and outheals both other realms
savage damage stays the same, just way less quad hits and nerf in 2 hand specs

hib/alb ra's are better thn mid for sure but aoe disease is pretty good as wel
in the end its pretty balanced. been in a lot of good groups and got beaten by mid /hib gankgroups and ice versa. a lot depends on which RA's are up

Hibs are harder to beat by albs then by mids (more interrupt), Albs have less problem with mids.

dimerian

Fledgling Freddie
Gona laugh irl if certain mids bail out when savages gets small fix.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
It's a 2 part chain anytime stun.(currently 3 styles, but shitty first style)

Half ogre's WILL be overpowered with it.(but about time albs have an overpowered tank xD )

The troll zerk i played hit near my merc's damage but the mids had str relics so this could be the reason.

Snozski you obviously haven't been hit by many high rr savages on excal with your druid still :p

Also wouldn't 4 zerks be good? 4 2h ratmode with assist= :eek6:

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Mythic has spoilt Midgard with overpowered classes and now you can't imagine playing with anything less. Albion had it real bad a few months back, when no one wanted to RvR because of all the savage groups(do you remember that?)... it's not so bad now, but only because Albion smartened up and started forming fotm-spec groups to compete.

Now if your savage groups run away like girls and leave you in the shit, you only have yourselves to blame and excuse me if I don't feel any sympathy. You made us run in balanced groups, now reap the rewards.

Savages and BMs have a side-stun, which any decent player can hit as easily as an anytime, ... unless your target is running, but you should have PF
<cries for savages irl>
Mercs are not getting that big an advantage. But of course, all alb players are skill-less noobs who don't know how to use positionals... so it's all even, yes?

Grivine says something about 3 healers being a nerf to Mid groups? erm...
stick to playing stealthers imo.

I'd be dissapointed to see Midgard retire without even trying to adjust their tactics. Maybe now your MAs will have to select their targets :p

Grivne has a healer also.
Look at the relics and say which realm is overpowered, then which one gets nerf afetr nerf since 1.40 or so.
And to the idiots saying zerks are even with bm and merc, wtf ?
You know its not true.

And yes, savages get nerfed but the uber group ras stay. Welcome balance, please gifv wow or tetris XV even.

Aenir

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
You always have the option of trying to take relics back instead of wanking about in Surs ;p

If you albs dont shout everything over IRC everytime we would maybe try.

I'm not talking about solo utility or utility in stealth zergs. I'm talking about pure group utility for FG+ RvR. And in that aspect, Midgard comes out best.

Dont look at a healer and say that he can mezz, heal and buff. A healer is OR pac OR mend OR aug. Ok he can be aug/mend but his aug isnt nearly as good as a clerics. Plus clerics have the ridiculous ra BoF.

I agree fully that Ichor and PR cant compare to BOF/SOS/BAOD/GP. But like I said, I think that Albion has gotten better RA's to compensate for lack of high utility classes. There's such a big difference in a Hib/Alb groups performance when RA's are up rather than down.

You say no high utlility, I say you have plenty with clerics and mincers.

Which is why you cant spam it like any random Savage spams his anytime or resist chants...you have to use it at the right time.

When the other groups ma train is dead so they cant attack you defenseless ? Thats when you dont need it.

I hear this a lot from Mids, but I have to say I dont really understand it. You've gotten some nerfs, but most people have agreed they were needed. You've also gotten some love, or have you forgotten completely about Bonedancers and Savages? I do agree that Infiltrators > SB's etc but I dont really care about stealth wars and hadnt the stealthers been hugely overpopulated this wouldnt been seen as much of a problem by most people.

Maybe not a problem for you, but beleive me for stealthers it is a problem. Its like facing a savage with a oop Sorcerer.

And yes, most people have agreed all the nerfs were needed. Most people being the albs of course.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
The troll zerk i played hit near my merc's damage but the mids had str relics so this could be the reason.

:

and how much qui did the troll have? my guess bog standard 35. how much qui does ur merc have?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Why not start some pbaoe groups instead of whining about the savage fixes? :p Hibernia manages to setup these groups easily, and Albion even manages to setup a few.

ToA is coming shortly, add 25% or more casting speed bonus as well as damage bonus and increased caps you'll find it even easier to kill with a decent pbaoe group. Midget Mafia managed to do this a short while back, theres nothing stopping other mids from doing these groups again. Get the power relics back and you'll get 20% bonus to pbaoe damage as well as heals.

Be willing to try different groups instead of sticking with fotm savage groups.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i noticed someone said about some RAs taken out in a later patch, so fuckin what? you didnt have em at the start and now you wont have em again, most RAs fucked it up anyway, imo the only ones that should be there are aug quick etc.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Well let me say this then, 2 zerks i seen recently(osril and verancha or something like that?) hit me 200s mainhand about 100 offhand in rvr, you got no str relics and this at fast speed, how comes they can hit merc damage then?(if we got no str relics we do about the same)

They got better equipment?play better?

My merc has 228 qui buffed, best damage i do is on reinforced about 350-400 mainhand but other targets its like 300s(this is 4.2 weap, we got str relics too do not forget, without this is probably 200s mainhand same as these zerks were doing)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Also if savages damage got nerfed even more, removing the group ra's would result in a lot less whines, but sad that alb has to rely on 2 group ra's to be good, without it's mediocre.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Platina said:
not onley that merc gets any time stun etc. mid is getting f00ked realy can agree to nerf savages but wy the hell do merc gets anytime melee stun etc.
now midgård has no good tanks. is this what u call ballance the realms ?
well i know lots of people that are leaving from mid. so albs and hibs can have fun whit eachother. this is just an example not the onley reason for people leaving ofc.

:eek7:

Leaving 'cause of no good tanks? HAHAHA. Why haven't Albs and Hibs left long time ago then?

That was probably the best joke what I've heard in a long time.

:eek6:

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Amelyn said:
3 assisting RATs might not kill you in less than 0,2 sec as savages do, but they aren't worse then any other lighttanks.
Bring it on..... :eek:

um may i remind you rat mode is on a timer..so its not perma spec.

i agree savages need nerf but u cant use rat mode as a defense as its timed not permanent.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
To those Savages that leave just because of this fix:

"Good riddance to bad rubbish"

More fun for the rest of us Savages that don't play to be overpowered.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Tareregion said:
tis on a 7 minute timer so tis up every fight :rolleyes:

That SUCKS tho m8!!111111 should be on a passive really!!!111 poor nerfgard ;<

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
yib, twas so hard playing a savage, u had to spam anytimers, poor fingers :( And now they nerf us boohoohoo :(

Tindel

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Well let me say this then, 2 zerks i seen recently(osril and verancha or something like that?) hit me 200s mainhand about 100 offhand in rvr, you got no str relics and this at fast speed, how comes they can hit merc damage then?(if we got no str relics we do about the same)

/blush, it's Veracocha though ;)
But to be honest I dont see the problem with zerks either, was damn fun while it lasted and I didnt have a problem with damage output whatsoever even if the nerfbat hit us before :)

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
It's a 2 part chain anytime stun.(currently 3 styles, but shitty first style)

Also wouldn't 4 zerks be good? 4 2h ratmode with assist= :eek6:

xx blocks your blow
xx blocks your blow
xx blocks your blow
xx blocks your blow

Your frenzy ends xD

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
GReaper said:
Why not start some pbaoe groups instead of whining about the savage fixes? :p Hibernia manages to setup these groups easily, and Albion even manages to setup a few.

ToA is coming shortly, add 25% or more casting speed bonus as well as damage bonus and increased caps you'll find it even easier to kill with a decent pbaoe group. Midget Mafia managed to do this a short while back, theres nothing stopping other mids from doing these groups again. Get the power relics back and you'll get 20% bonus to pbaoe damage as well as heals.

Be willing to try different groups instead of sticking with fotm savage groups.

A huge reason a hibpbaegroup works is GP.

And 1.65 doesnt only hit mids hard, our hibbehcastergrpas will suffer too due to the debuffnerf, alot more than most think too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom