patch 1.88 no GOA dedicated download patches WTF?

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
title says it all really, I have 4 x versions of DAOC on my pc 2 x TOA and 2 x LOTM,

Why have they changed from a system that worked perfectly well, to one where, try DL from the patcher on patch day FU one.

Honestly one step forward and 5 backwards.

Eble

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
title says it all really, I have 4 x versions of DAOC on my pc 2 x TOA and 2 x LOTM,

Why have they changed from a system that worked perfectly well, to one where, try DL from the patcher on patch day FU one.

Honestly one step forward and 5 backwards.

Eble

hehe i know what u meen....got 3 accounts to DL the patches to...so as u said it , 6 total (ToA and LotM)

Ohh btw dl'ing with HEAVY 7kb/s :twak:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
hehe i know what u meen....got 3 accounts to DL the patches to...so as u said it , 6 total (ToA and LotM)

Ohh btw dl'ing with HEAVY 7kb/s :twak:

allot of .wav sounds:p see spells and movement wavs... ;> well <--curious:p

uron

Loyal Freddie
downloading at 55kb/s...speedy!
also have to update 4 versions...fun

Geunoviere

Fledgling Freddie
Well yes think about it every1 is DL patch so its going to be slow but come on mythic people speed it up a bit more

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
that will be the ranger/scout/hunter new casting shite animations.

and ofc the new shite sounds that go with it.

or maybe its the new wave files for the dings/bongs from buying bounty point scrolls! :)

Eble

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
ok.. maybe this is a silly question but.. why do you have to update all your installations? Afaik (at least that used to be the case in the past) you can run 2 instances with one client, so you just need to update every client once?!

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Patch is good in some ways, If its the Archer patch they are pathetically annoying as they can add and shoot you down before you see where the arrow is :d However all those ml10 Cl10's out there now gonna be fun! ;d

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
ok.. maybe this is a silly question but.. why do you have to update all your installations? Afaik (at least that used to be the case in the past) you can run 2 instances with one client, so you just need to update every client once?!

Laptop for bb i guess and pc for main acct ;]

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yeah but even in this case, he can just update it once, then burn the folder to a DVD and copy it to the other machine?!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The advanced patch downloads has been one of the few things GOA has done right the past few months whilst patching. It's a shame they missed out this one.

Currently downloading at 10kB/s! :(

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
USB stick? Open a share on one pc and copy it there from the other? DVD-rewritable? ;)

uron

Loyal Freddie
way to much effort to muck about with discs! not like i need the laptop for anything else today, wats this about CLs in this patch aswell? can we buy these also..havent seen the BP costs listed..

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
but come on mythic people speed it up a bit more
Its GOA, not Mythic dammit!:twak:

I do sincerely hope GOA have not given you all the new buff sounds that Mythic put in and ripped out with a rusty spoon 24 hours later because they were drivel! God they made ya ears hurt!

Oh, and dont forget kiddies, the new icons, well they suck and blow, so go ahead and get the old ones before you go blind trying to figure out why some overpaid icon dev got his new copy of Photoshop and went to town on hard drugs and alchohol while tripping, yeah man oooookkk...

Oh and dont forget to copy ya .ini files, they always bugger them up too, and put them in the folder c:\somewhereonmyhard\ffswhyhere\omgwheresmyssgone\cantfindchatlogs\xporvistawhocares\outofHDspace\soddingbillgatesandhisshitefilingsystem\eathic\lotm or \toa

When ya done all that dinner should be ready and then you can play Battlefield 2142 for 4 hours more while waiting for your download....

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Its GOA, not Mythic dammit!:twak:

I do sincerely hope GOA have not given you all the new buff sounds that Mythic put in and ripped out with a rusty spoon 24 hours later because they were drivel! God they made ya ears hurt!

Oh, and dont forget kiddies, the new icons, well they suck and blow, so go ahead and get the old ones before you go blind trying to figure out why some overpaid icon dev got his new copy of Photoshop and went to town on hard drugs and alchohol while tripping, yeah man oooookkk...

Oh and dont forget to copy ya .ini files, they always bugger them up too, and put them in the folder c:\somewhereonmyhard\ffswhyhere\omgwheresmyssgone\cantfindchatlogs\xporvistawhocares\outofHDspace\soddingbillgatesandhisshitefilingsystem\eathic\lotm or \toa

When ya done all that dinner should be ready and then you can play Battlefield 2142 for 4 hours more while waiting for your download....

Whoodoo you bloody doombringer :D

I thought icons got updated in 1.89 not 1.88 btw as we (in euroland) are all patching to 1.88 atm. Yeah yeah we're bloody miles behind yet again and GOA need a slap but thats nothing new :twak:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Whoodoo you bloody doombringer :D

I thought icons got updated in 1.89 not 1.88 btw as we (in euroland) are all patching to 1.88 atm. Yeah yeah we're bloody miles behind yet again and GOA need a slap but thats nothing new :twak:
Sorry bud, dont mean to be the bearer of bad tidings, I lost track of the icon/sound thing, but the patches once in are great, youll love em!

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
c:\somewhereonmyhard\ffswhyhere\omgwheresmyssgone\cantfindchatlogs\xporvistawhocares\outofHDspace\soddingbillgatesandhisshitefilingsystem\eathic\lotm or \toa...

hehe that actaully made me giggle :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
im just wondering how the hell are you gonna make money now days when scrolls are worth noting? an you cant farm artis , df 4 the win?

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
im just wondering how the hell are you gonna make money now days when scrolls are worth noting? an you cant farm artis , df 4 the win?

nah u can farm Aurulites aswell and buy weaps for those to salvage :p...didnt u read that they increased the amount of auru that drops :touch: j/k

swords

Can't get enough of FH
After 5 years people still think mythic run the european servers... do you even check who you're giving money to these days?

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
Not everyone will have BPs to buy scrolls so they will still sell.

As for making money , maybe we will see more Keep/Tower takes to have control of DF ?

Mythic should take more interest in updating DF/Laby/PoC with more tasks and ways to earn money ... to stimulate RVR in the Frontiers.

Maybe make all 3 open in the same way as DF does at the moment ?

Would Give RVRers more to do ...while pleasing the farmers amongst us :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
When 1 is patched just copy it to the 2nd pc dir? -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom