patch 1.88 no GOA dedicated download patches WTF?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eble@work, Jul 25, 2007.

1. eble@work

eble@work Fledgling Freddie

title says it all really, I have 4 x versions of DAOC on my pc 2 x TOA and 2 x LOTM,

Why have they changed from a system that worked perfectly well, to one where, try DL from the patcher on patch day FU one.

Honestly one step forward and 5 backwards.

Eble

2. AngelHeal

AngelHeal Part of the furniture

dling with 11kbps :<<<

3. Roo Stercogburn

Roo Stercogburn Resident Freddy

Downloading, going out for the day. Its good to be me ;)

4. Twoeye

Twoeye Can't get enough of FH

hehe i know what u meen....got 3 accounts to DL the patches to...so as u said it , 6 total (ToA and LotM)

Ohh btw dl'ing with HEAVY 7kb/s :twak:

5. AngelHeal

allot of .wav sounds:p see spells and movement wavs... ;> well <--curious:p

6. Twoeye

haha yea i saw that now :p

7. uron

uron Loyal Freddie

downloading at 55kb/s...speedy!
    also have to update 4 versions...fun

8. Geunoviere

Geunoviere Fledgling Freddie

Well yes think about it every1 is DL patch so its going to be slow but come on mythic people speed it up a bit more

9. eble@work

eble@work Fledgling Freddie

that will be the ranger/scout/hunter new casting shite animations.

and ofc the new shite sounds that go with it.

or maybe its the new wave files for the dings/bongs from buying bounty point scrolls! :)

Eble

10. Thorwyn

Thorwyn FH is my second home

ok.. maybe this is a silly question but.. why do you have to update all your installations? Afaik (at least that used to be the case in the past) you can run 2 instances with one client, so you just need to update every client once?!

11. Infanity

Infanity Can't get enough of FH

Patch is good in some ways, If its the Archer patch they are pathetically annoying as they can add and shoot you down before you see where the arrow is :d However all those ml10 Cl10's out there now gonna be fun! ;d

12. Infanity

Laptop for bb i guess and pc for main acct ;]

13. Thorwyn

Yeah but even in this case, he can just update it once, then burn the folder to a DVD and copy it to the other machine?!

14. Infanity

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DISCS COST THESE DAYS !?!??!!

:d

15. AngelHeal

1505215195718257151773571 russian roebels?

16. Thorwyn

Guess you have a point. :/

17. GReaper

GReaper Part of the furniture

The advanced patch downloads has been one of the few things GOA has done right the past few months whilst patching. It's a shame they missed out this one.

Currently downloading at 10kB/s! :(

18. Tesla Monkor

Tesla Monkor Fledgling Freddie

USB stick? Open a share on one pc and copy it there from the other? DVD-rewritable? ;)

19. uron

uron Loyal Freddie

way to much effort to muck about with discs! not like i need the laptop for anything else today, wats this about CLs in this patch aswell? can we buy these also..havent seen the BP costs listed..

20. Bluesky

Bluesky Fledgling Freddie

Check this link for all the stuff you can buy with BP's :)

Classes of Camelot - Bounty Point Items

21. old.Whoodoo

old.Whoodoo Can't get enough of FH

Its GOA, not Mythic dammit!:twak:

I do sincerely hope GOA have not given you all the new buff sounds that Mythic put in and ripped out with a rusty spoon 24 hours later because they were drivel! God they made ya ears hurt!

Oh, and dont forget kiddies, the new icons, well they suck and blow, so go ahead and get the old ones before you go blind trying to figure out why some overpaid icon dev got his new copy of Photoshop and went to town on hard drugs and alchohol while tripping, yeah man oooookkk...

Oh and dont forget to copy ya .ini files, they always bugger them up too, and put them in the folder c:\somewhereonmyhard\ffswhyhere\omgwheresmyssgone\cantfindchatlogs\xporvistawhocares\outofHDspace\soddingbillgatesandhisshitefilingsystem\eathic\lotm or \toa

When ya done all that dinner should be ready and then you can play Battlefield 2142 for 4 hours more while waiting for your download....

22. leviathane

leviathane Part of the furniture

dl speeds seems pretty fine for a patch day tbh, 65kb/s

23. Bluesky

Bluesky Fledgling Freddie

Whoodoo you bloody doombringer :D

I thought icons got updated in 1.89 not 1.88 btw as we (in euroland) are all patching to 1.88 atm. Yeah yeah we're bloody miles behind yet again and GOA need a slap but thats nothing new :twak:

24. old.Whoodoo

old.Whoodoo Can't get enough of FH

Sorry bud, dont mean to be the bearer of bad tidings, I lost track of the icon/sound thing, but the patches once in are great, youll love em!

25. Twoeye

hehe that actaully made me giggle :p

26. Eeben

Eeben Fledgling Freddie

im just wondering how the hell are you gonna make money now days when scrolls are worth noting? an you cant farm artis , df 4 the win?

27. Twoeye

nah u can farm Aurulites aswell and buy weaps for those to salvage :p...didnt u read that they increased the amount of auru that drops :touch: j/k

28. swords

swords Can't get enough of FH

After 5 years people still think mythic run the european servers... do you even check who you're giving money to these days?

• Like Like x 1
  29. Scrinthe

Scrinthe Loyal Freddie

Not everyone will have BPs to buy scrolls so they will still sell.

As for making money , maybe we will see more Keep/Tower takes to have control of DF ?

Mythic should take more interest in updating DF/Laby/PoC with more tasks and ways to earn money ... to stimulate RVR in the Frontiers.

Maybe make all 3 open in the same way as DF does at the moment ?

Would Give RVRers more to do ...while pleasing the farmers amongst us :)

30. Gahn

Gahn Resident Freddy

When 1 is patched just copy it to the 2nd pc dir? -.-