Patch 1.78 is up. Hunter love! :D

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Of course we do. We still have the worst defense.. Evade 3 didn't change that. We face NS (Dual Wield), Ranger (Dual Wield), Infil (Dual Wield), Scout (Shield), Minstrel (Chain + Insta CC)

Against the dualwielder, we gained 2.5% more evade. Against Scouts and Minstrels (who are never solo anyway), it's 5%. That is not going to make a whole lot of difference. We ought to have gotten Evade 6, and Scouts a boost to Evade 4. Now that would even the defense field a little.

Unfortunately, that is not going to happen seeing as it took 2 years just to get Evade 3. :)

allow hunters to spec parry+ increase thier points to 2.5x. So they can spec into parry, stealth, bow and spear.

and no I'm not a hunter, use to have a level 50 RR5 one and not play a ranger and a scout.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fantastic patch, that is 3 in a row now, at long last this game is finally getting back on track.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Well, you have to admit, its a bit silly to stay stealthed whilst blocking arrows for someone else.

What kind of melee love?
Scouts say this alot, but what sort of 'melee love' can you give to S&S, which has the lowest DPS in game, but is also the best defense, without unbalancing it against other attack types which give up defense altogether?

There must be some reason why scouts are mostly can be found in towers and not in the open field pwning other stealthers in melee.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:
Did they change evading while stealthed too? many a time I've ran up to an assasin and missed, had a pa in my face. :(

Like this?

I've had the evading/PA'ing assassin thing happen to me too, which I think looks really cool, so I get a laugh just before I eat dirt ;p
The invisible shield blocking my arrows at no risk to the wearer just plain annoys me though.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Aiteal said:
Like this?

I've had the evading/PA'ing assassin thing happen to me too, which I think looks really cool, so I get a laugh just before I eat dirt ;p
The invisible shield blocking my arrows at no risk to the wearer just plain annoys me though.
Yes. :p

vintervargen

Banned
stfu about hunters

- Casting an instant spell while quick casting a non-instant spell will no longer cancel the quick cast.

:worthy:

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
stfu about hunters

- Casting an instant spell while quick casting a non-instant spell will no longer cancel the quick cast.

Power to the Bonedancers :clap:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
About damn time Shamans got a decent-level disease spell, sucked arse to have to try and disease a lvl 50 target with a crappy level 16 spell.

Actually, all pretty good stuff here...can see the Darkness Rising build-up beginning already...

Helme

Resident Freddy
vintervargen said:
stfu about hunters

About time, and nice for tanks aswell that they can change thier battler/malice/croc tooth etc. and not limit them to a certain spec for the rest of thier lives.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ill be dammed mythic listening to its player base
im still in shock :eek6:

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Sollac said:
now give scouts a pet :twak:
dum ass to ask for that you got shiled that prity much blocks all range attacks and you can slam... SLAAAAAAAAAAP you all over the place for asking ofr a pet... :twak:

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Ever since that shithead Mackey got fired, they've been getting things right.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
All that class love and Armsmen are still being ignored, pathetic.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Forget hunters pff :p

Check out these changes, some of em great!

- The Shades of Mist spell, Greater Shadeform, will now correctly be removed when the shadeform is shift right-click removed.

Eek, does mean we have to run around in that crappy shade form to have the ablatvie proc up? :|

- Paladin heal chants will now affect necromancer pets.

- The Frigg's line of spells will now properly heal pets.

Wonder will the Pally heal chant make aggro for the necro shade like DI ? :<

Inc every summ SM with full mend shammy ;P

- Midgard: New Recipes have been created for Legendary Double Bladed Axes at the slower 4.0 speed. Current Legendary Double Bladed axes will not be affected by this change

SB's respecing Axe! w00t

- An Artifact Scholar has been added to each realm's Hall of Heroes (Artifact Scholar Jarron, Artifact Scholar Alaria and Artifact Scholar Elmer). These NPCs will allow a trade-in of certain artifact weapons for another version of that weapon. These weapons are Battler, Malice, Spear of Kings, Golden Spear, Traitor’s Dagger, Croc Tooth Dagger and Bruiser

Bigest change of em all, and long awaited, nice one mythic, a lil late, but better than never

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Dafft said:
evade 3 is still too low imo......hunters should get evade 4/5 since they have 1 2handed wpn where as scouts get sword & shield and rangers get DW

never happy keke

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Even animists get a few bug fixes. only 100000 more bugs to go ;)

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
evade 3 is cool. hunters should still get chain back imo :)

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Novac said:
evade 3 is cool. hunters should still get chain back imo :)
If they give any more love then you would have to loose the pets.
What would you prefer?

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
Valewalkers

The Conflagration Scythe Style has been changed to chain off of Arboreal Shield. The style itself has the following attribute adjustments: Medium Attack bonus, Medium Defensive Penalty, High Fatigue, High Damage.

This one annoys me big time. We asked mythic to change this style (since its 50, and many with me thinks that a style at that high spec should bring something usefull and nice for the points it costs to take it there)
At the moment, that style is 4th in a chain that is used after evade, and it NEVER lands in rvr. Which makes it quite useless in rvr, but somewhat usefull in PvE. (I´ve actually landed it ONCE in like what... the 2 years ive had and played that char in RvR. It was against a minstrel. She SoS:ed away directly after, at like 15% hp)

So. We asked to have it changed to
1) a follow up to our backstyle stun that we get at 44 spec.
2) a frontal positional style that would somewhat "complete" our style collection.
3) a follow up to the taunt-style. This would be the worst of the 3, but still somewhat better than the 4th in a chain that never lands.

What mythic does:
Makes it a follow up to a BROKEN style, ie, our detaunt style. At the moment, we cant use the detaunt as an opening move, but have to attack the mob/opponent atleast once to be able to use the detaunt style. The time it takes for me just to use that style is time that probably kill me. Because the only time i see any use of a detaunt on my vw is on mobs that would kill me in like 3-4 hits.

And why would i use a detaunt in RvR anyways? Why not actually do something about our crappy ablative, fix the detaunt, fix resist rates on our style procs, or just LEAVE the style and say: "Sorry. We had a look at it, but we cant find any better way to use this style, than the way it currently works"?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
What would you prefer?

Bullshit... See what defines a Hunter: a crappy pet

What was the Hunter meant to be: Melee archer, inferior with bow but superior with their melee weapons compared to other archers.

Mythic took away chain armor.
Mythic removed the 50% of level max melee spec restriction from Rangers and Scouts.
Mythic gave Hunters?

Guindor

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
What would you prefer?

I would gladly trade my pet for a spec shield/DW with malice .......

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Aiteal said:
Well, you have to admit, its a bit silly to stay stealthed whilst blocking arrows for someone else.

What kind of melee love?
Scouts say this alot, but what sort of 'melee love' can you give to S&S, which has the lowest DPS in game, but is also the best defense, without unbalancing it against other attack types which give up defense altogether?

I'd be satisfied if the gay 3+ evades in a row, stopped happening. Could prolly beat a bunch of assassins, if they didn't evade every swing. And its about time, they give slam a To-hit bonus.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Nice stuff in the patch, pity they missed another chance to throw armsmen a bone though :mad:

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Leleith said:
This one annoys me big time. We asked mythic to change this style (since its 50, and many with me thinks that a style at that high spec should bring something usefull and nice for the points it costs to take it there)
At the moment, that style is 4th in a chain that is used after evade, and it NEVER lands in rvr. Which makes it quite useless in rvr, but somewhat usefull in PvE. (I´ve actually landed it ONCE in like what... the 2 years ive had and played that char in RvR. It was against a minstrel. She SoS:ed away directly after, at like 15% hp)

So. We asked to have it changed to
1) a follow up to our backstyle stun that we get at 44 spec.
2) a frontal positional style that would somewhat "complete" our style collection.
3) a follow up to the taunt-style. This would be the worst of the 3, but still somewhat better than the 4th in a chain that never lands.

What mythic does:
Makes it a follow up to a BROKEN style, ie, our detaunt style. At the moment, we cant use the detaunt as an opening move, but have to attack the mob/opponent atleast once to be able to use the detaunt style. The time it takes for me just to use that style is time that probably kill me. Because the only time i see any use of a detaunt on my vw is on mobs that would kill me in like 3-4 hits.

And why would i use a detaunt in RvR anyways? Why not actually do something about our crappy ablative, fix the detaunt, fix resist rates on our style procs, or just LEAVE the style and say: "Sorry. We had a look at it, but we cant find any better way to use this style, than the way it currently works"?

you know what? fill a feedback, spam vnbaords and get TL to test it on pendragon and they might change it :)

furiousgeorge

Fledgling Freddie
pet change is a load of balls tho for hunter, oh my it can sprint for 5s at a target 1000 units away. hmm let me think about the time to cover that distance, maybe 2-3s? and so anyone who wants to get away just has to sprint for 2 seconds themself. oh dear time to rename my hunters pet Linford i think....

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
Ever since that shithead Mackey got fired, they've been getting things right.
Aye, think he was one of Mythics orginal Alb luvers, and responsible for things like mini safe fall and climb walls. Good riddance!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
old.Whoodoo said:
Aye, think he was one of Mythics orginal Alb luvers, and responsible for things like mini safe fall and climb walls. Good riddance!

he had a hand in the smite cleric nerf and was part of if not leading the design team for the catacombs classes (i.e. warlocks and bainshees).

Don't think that counts as an "alb lover" really.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
since Mac is gone things have gotten better though, cant argue vs that Flim.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Shike said:
since Mac is gone things have gotten better though, cant argue vs that Flim.

not a lot has been changed really ;) hard to put blame on any one person - we'll see in a year or two if things are better :p

however the thought of mackey being an "alb lover" is really quite laughable ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom