Patch 1.110

- English -

Resident Freddy
Making a comparison between the two is rediculous.

Bonedancer has 4 pets, you only have to drop a blue con to kill all of the pets which takes 3/4 nukes when buffed, when unbuffed 2/3. 1500 range. They go for random targets so you risk them breaking CC. They die you have to spend 15-20 seconds getting them back up which is a hell of a long time in a fight.

Thuerg has as many pets as they want, spammed from 2200 range, pets that last for 60 seconds / chain stun / snare from range which go to the target you specify not completely random

You obviously haven't played anything else but albion if you think that the Thuerg doesn't need a massive nerf. They nerfed the BD pets because people cant figure out to nuke the commander 3/4 times. How many nukes does it take to clear pets when a thuerg MoCs or gets 10 seconds free? A hell of a lot more

Albion needed a nerf to minstrels, thuergs
Hibernia needed to be given interupt love
Midgard needed, i dunno!

But mythic is trying to balance this not upsetting the fotm rolling albion kiddies by giving Hibernia random love but not what they need in interupts so this doesn't help 8v8 whatsoever and nerfing Midgard so that those fotm easymode albion stick groups can now win some more fights, no matter how poorly they play.

I understand you're obviously upset since your main is a BD, and your getting the nerf stick. Yes it might take 2-3 nukes, to kill the commander, but if all your casters are permanently locked down by 1 bonedancer then you have problems (referring to an 8v8). In a perfect paper scenario you're right, its probably easy to kill the bd commander, however with all the adding, "ass jamming", jumps, adds which go on, your casters are not always able to do this, as if you're pets lock on their will perma interrupt. I'm not saying the Theurg isn't overpowered and has been overdue a nerf as well, (in situations), but they also have their weaknesses, and as i said before, they shouldn't nerf one without the other.

I think it all depends on situations of how the fight started, if theirs any adds etc. And yes, I've played hib most of my daoc time, so i'm aware of both their strengths and weaknesses.

Nate

FH is my second home
Why not just make BD's in to theurgs? Throw away bone pets!

I think it would work better if the BD became a combat summoner. The problem is that they can interrupt too quickly after a fight starts and then once someone figures it out, kills the commander...they're pretty shit.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeah a BD hovering in the back with his pet for the first 10s of the fight can be a pain. Good healers will throw in a group heal from time to time aswell.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
You can control all four minions.. Just have to take off assist, press attack every time you change targets and the pets won't go random all over the place

Himse

FH is my second home
I understand you're obviously upset since your main is a BD, and your getting the nerf stick. Yes it might take 2-3 nukes, to kill the commander, but if all your casters are permanently locked down by 1 bonedancer then you have problems (referring to an 8v8). In a perfect paper scenario you're right, its probably easy to kill the bd commander, however with all the adding, "ass jamming", jumps, adds which go on, your casters are not always able to do this, as if you're pets lock on their will perma interrupt. I'm not saying the Theurg isn't overpowered and has been overdue a nerf as well, (in situations), but they also have their weaknesses, and as i said before, they shouldn't nerf one without the other.

I think it all depends on situations of how the fight started, if theirs any adds etc. And yes, I've played hib most of my daoc time, so i'm aware of both their strengths and weaknesses.

What weakness does a theurg have? A rr5 that completely burns charge tanks as well as sick interupting pets? :p

MOC and you're casting completely through the interupt, if you don't have moc as a theurg imo you're letting your group down.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
What weakness does a theurg have? A rr5 that completely burns charge tanks as well as sick interupting pets? :p

MOC and you're casting completely through the interupt, if you don't have moc as a theurg imo you're letting your group down.

Conc is/was a better option for a good theurg than moc. Especially when you consider the duration of non-earth pets.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You can control all four minions.. Just have to take off assist, press attack every time you change targets and the pets won't go random all over the place

Really?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Like putting the 4 pets on 4 different players?

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Yepp thats why bd was so goodie in fg's, but now (soon) with nerf whats the point have a bd in grp? Bonearmy seems pretty pimp cuz of the charge/dmg add, but dark bd will be pointless when no split assist

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
they should just leave bd's alone tbh, if anything they should look at theurgs they're much more overpowered as far as interupting goes.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Jezus. That's just OPness on a whole new level.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
IT went live today, logged on and saw about 20 players in the spot you logon as a fresh character, made me smile :p was 60 level 1-10's on ! :p quest hubs are nice from what I have seen so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom