Patch 1.110

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
if they did do F2P they wouldnt have a choice but to add new servers, they'd get a decent playerbase purely because its free, all F2P games are overrun this one would be no different given how the pvp is.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hmm hmm :p?

A new single-target root has been added to the Enchantment Base Spell Line:
Level 3 - Dazzling Grasp - 2.5s cast / 15 second duration - 1500 range - 3 power
Level 9 - Dazzling Clutch - 2.5s cast / 23 second duration - 1500 range - 7 power
Level 17 - Dazzling Grip - 2.5s cast / 33 second duration - 1500 range - 12 power
Level 26 - Dazzling Hold - 2.5s cast / 44 second duration - 1500 range - 17 power
Level 36 - Dazzling Embrace - 2.5s cast / 57 second duration - 1500 range - 23 power
Level 46 - Dazzling Restraint - 2.5s cast / 69 second duration - 1500 range - 29 power

Influenza beat you to it trololololol.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Hmm hmm :p?

A new single-target root has been added to the Enchantment Base Spell Line:
Level 3 - Dazzling Grasp - 2.5s cast / 15 second duration - 1500 range - 3 power
Level 9 - Dazzling Clutch - 2.5s cast / 23 second duration - 1500 range - 7 power
Level 17 - Dazzling Grip - 2.5s cast / 33 second duration - 1500 range - 12 power
Level 26 - Dazzling Hold - 2.5s cast / 44 second duration - 1500 range - 17 power
Level 36 - Dazzling Embrace - 2.5s cast / 57 second duration - 1500 range - 23 power
Level 46 - Dazzling Restraint - 2.5s cast / 69 second duration - 1500 range - 29 power

sounds good for enemy det tanks, will have root immune after 2 seconds :p

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
It's a stupid decision NOT to go F2P, now is the perfect time.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I read that Lotro and D&D doubled their active players when they went F2P. If they streamline the levelling process (which this patch seems to be doing) and do some actual promotion for the game then it might actually attract new players as well as people returning.

I know the game looks graphicaly dated but surely you could throw together a trailer with a tagline like "Hailed as the greatest PvP MMORPG of all time" or something

Hell, I'd reactivate if it went F2P

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I read that Lotro and D&D doubled their active players when they went F2P. If they streamline the levelling process (which this patch seems to be doing) and do some actual promotion for the game then it might actually attract new players as well as people returning.

I know the game looks graphicaly dated but surely you could throw together a trailer with a tagline like "Hailed as the greatest PvP MMORPG of all time" or something

Its whats coming, I just know it and i'd be willing to put money on it.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved

If that happens I'll be waving /bye to my career and life. :lol:

megadave

I am a FH squatter
New servers and F2P would be sweet, I'd even subscribe for a new server

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Origins F2P. Fuck off everything other than classic and SI, they can keep NF because mythic obviously love it so much. Free up until RR3/4, if you want to go further than that you have to subscribe. Maybe you could buy artifacts for IRL money or something.

LoTRO recently went F2P and its great. Unfortunately it's a PvE game so it doesnt directly relate, but mythic could do a lot worse than looking to turbine for inspiration.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Ahh the days where theurgs and minsrels could go afk all day long getting pl'd as long as they kept pbt and crack song on

Remember running around pulling at taskers with my mate's lvl48 paladin, who just got Faith Heal after a few trips to Dodens, and thinking to myself "next char I am making will be a minstel or theurg so I can get lvls for free too!"

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Hah. The charm is now like the minstrel one <3

It will now take 3 resists to break charm with +25% dura instead of 2. :)

But it won't matter anyhow as you can insta spam it. :)

It is now better than mincer charm, as we can charm stuff they can't :)

I'm away atm, but if this goes live you can bet your fucking life I'll have a purple con dragon/fin/levian/giant lusus/frost stallion stuck to my arse the next time I'm out in the frontier :D

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
We dont need F2P.. already too high population for decent 8man action :(

Himse

FH is my second home
The BD Nerf is insane? The latest mentors have 0 clue on what they are reporting

Alb caster groups have 4-6 pets, some even at red con, and people are complaining about green con skele pets with fuck all hp? You try kill a fully buffed barguest over a skele minion, what a joke.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
The BD Nerf is insane? The latest mentors have 0 clue on what they are reporting

Alb caster groups have 4-6 pets, some even at red con, and people are complaining about green con skele pets with fuck all hp? You try kill a fully buffed barguest over a skele minion, what a joke.

1 BD in a group could lockdown the entire support of the other group. Without really paying attention to his "caster" pets. I'd much rather have the old insta back (timer wise) then ever dealing with the random aggro of green bd pets again.

Ill have you know that 1 BD = 4 pets btw. 2 BD groups where full of awesomeness. Ill agree that the latest mentors are more clueless then ever before though. Why they removed the greater heal line from the bard and gave it to the warden is beyond me.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
It will now take 3 resists to break charm with +25% dura instead of 2. :)

But it won't matter anyhow as you can insta spam it. :)

It is now better than mincer charm, as we can charm stuff they can't :)

I'm away atm, but if this goes live you can bet your fucking life I'll have a purple con dragon/fin/levian/giant lusus/frost stallion stuck to my arse the next time I'm out in the frontier :D

Must see this! :D

Ahh the good old days barding in old Emain. Detouring for Maeloch to pick up the large badger just over the hill. Usually getting run over while in the proces of picking one up.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Ill agree that the latest mentors are more clueless then ever before though. Why they removed the greater heal line from the bard and gave it to the warden is beyond me.

its beyond me why they got it in the first place tbh, along with 1000 other love patches ;p

Himse

FH is my second home
1 BD in a group could lockdown the entire support of the other group. Without really paying attention to his "caster" pets. I'd much rather have the old insta back (timer wise) then ever dealing with the random aggro of green bd pets again.

Ill have you know that 1 BD = 4 pets btw. 2 BD groups where full of awesomeness. Ill agree that the latest mentors are more clueless then ever before though. Why they removed the greater heal line from the bard and gave it to the warden is beyond me.

So dealing with a full group of blue-red pets from an alb group is the same as 4 pets from a bd that are blue/green?

If you can't pet clear, don't play the game, but killing a red pet > a green pet when the red pet can also barely be CC'd is dumb.

BD is a rupt class in reality, taking the assist pets away from it makes it now pretty much useless in an 8man IMO.

Oh, lets not forget a vast majority of the pets can be ML9'd, along with being fully buffed.

Oh and the theurg class, where a good theurg will lock down 4-5 people at once unless kept under wraps with blue con earth lords that last a fucking age without being killed.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
its beyond me why they got it in the first place tbh, along with 1000 other love patches ;p

Well I suppose mids always hade the option of running 3 healers and always have a "moc1 shear bitch" with em (which is a piss poor healer ill admit). But the valk (and WL!) added more healing support. Albs hade 2 clerics and a friar, although back in the days they hardly bothered running one. But then the tic added more healing support. Hibs have the warden and bard. But the warden is usually bg'ing/slamming if he aint providing cele in the front and the bard is busy, mezzing/demezzing/interrupting.

So I can see why the bard would get it in the first place. The warden is the lesser choice of the 2. The root on the bard I don't follow though, druids always hade them. Now even chanter does aswell.

Nate

FH is my second home
Healer and shammie has root too.

Standardising the realms?

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
So dealing with a full group of blue-red pets from an alb group is the same as 4 pets from a bd that are blue/green?

If you can't pet clear, don't play the game, but killing a red pet > a green pet when the red pet can also barely be CC'd is dumb.

BD is a rupt class in reality, taking the assist pets away from it makes it now pretty much useless in an 8man IMO.

Oh, lets not forget a vast majority of the pets can be ML9'd, along with being fully buffed.

Oh and the theurg class, where a good theurg will lock down 4-5 people at once unless kept under wraps with blue con earth lords that last a fucking age without being killed.

Well pet clearing can be difficult at the best of times, but the BD pets take the piss. They are caster pets so they have range (the green cons anyway). They can be healed, unlike theur pets, and tend to aggro all over the place (randomly). The theur also still needs to cast his pets. When he does he aint nuking the crap out of people or is moving anywhere.

The point is that your healers where screaming get this pet of me, while the nukers where busy looking for them. Makes sense to go for the BD or the commander pet, but that one tends to be a bit harder to take down. If you got a nuke or 2 of, don't be surprised if one or more of the caster pets nuked the caster so he was interrupted. Also if the BD has any brains he'll take care of his pets.

In short, theur pets dont last that long and go for 1 target. If you interrupt the theur, you stop the petspam (if he mocs well fk, but the timer on the pets goes down even more).

I'm not sure about the dynamics behind the BD pets. Perhaps Brite or some other monkey can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom