Part time, part time, part time.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Those who can't earn £40k with 10 weeks holiday a year you mean :)

Do you really get that much as a teacher? It must be even better at a private school. They get more than 10 weeks I think.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Do you really get that much as a teacher? It must be even better at a private school. They get more than 10 weeks I think.
The one I was talking to is on £38k plus the extras and a healthy payday for exam marking too. He did have to spend the last two weeks of the summer holiday working almost solid hours so I rounded down to 10 weeks :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
Those who can't earn £40k with 10 weeks holiday a year you mean :)
Nonsense. £40k after decades doing it, maybe. My housemate, Becca, is a special needs teacher (more money) working in London (more money) and earns less than £40k. She just spent most of her summer holiday planning lessons because the kids she teaches are all, literally, special and you can't just bosh out the same old lesson plans.

On the other hand, get qualified in an advanced field or set up your own company doing something relatively interesting and make as many millions as you so desire, simply by being more driven and clever than the majority and getting on with it.

ileks

Part of the furniture
The one I was talking to is on £38k plus the extras and a healthy payday for exam marking too. He did have to spend the last two weeks of the summer holiday working almost solid hours so I rounded down to 10 weeks :)

No I meant at private schools they get about 18 weeks I think.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Nonsense. £40k after decades doing it, maybe. My housemate, Becca, is a special needs teacher (more money) working in London (more money) and earns less than £40k. She just spent most of her summer holiday planning lessons because the kids she teaches are all, literally, special and you can't just bosh out the same old lesson plans.

On the other hand, get qualified in an advanced field or set up your own company doing something relatively interesting and make as many millions as you so desire, simply by being more driven and clever than the majority and getting on with it.
14 years in the job. I am not saying it is the best paid job in the world but it is far from a joke job, you can make a very comfortable living and get yourself a pension that would make most drool.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I've been teaching 4 years in primary school and I'm on about 27k working around 60-70 hours/week generally (outside London). The holidays are nice but you do spend a shit-ton of time doing prep (I spent 2 weeks of the 6 in school setting up new classroom, sorting planning etc). Not trying to sound like a martyr as the holidays are mostly nice, but its not quite the cushy number that a lot of people seem to think it is :p

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Been graduated for two months now and nothing yet, people keep telling me "its early days yet".

Yes but I am applying for EVERY job I see, I ain't just applying for grad jobs here. I would take maccers if they offered set shifts of over 15 hours a week or full time.

Oh well stiff upper lip.

At this rate I am going to have to suck cock for bus fare and then walk home.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
on the bright side you made the quotes database Jeros :D

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Oh good, together with my entry on QDB and my shameful angst filled teenage years under a different net handle I am going to be able to chart my entire life in 20 years with a google search. :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Been graduated for two months now and nothing yet, people keep telling me "its early days yet".

Yes but I am applying for EVERY job I see, I ain't just applying for grad jobs here. I would take maccers if they offered set shifts of over 15 hours a week or full time.

Oh well stiff upper lip.

At this rate I am going to have to suck cock for bus fare and then walk home.

Can you dance? I heard Currys love graduates that can dance.

...but seriously, didn't you do geology or something? Isn't the global warming crowd gagging for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom