Paris shootings

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Scouse does respect other peoples opinions, ive managed to compromise a couple of times when talking to him on Steam.

If he didn't respect your opinions or want to listen to them he wouldn't harass you to get them out.

He really doesn't, if he respected peoples opinions he wouldn't argue with them all the time ;> which is essentially what he does (almost always), at least until he literally starts raging at his computer (which I'm fairly sure he was doing yesterday, I'd bet money that he was swearing at his monitor replying to some of the posts I put up yesterday, I was actually laughing at my monitor and on vent reading it all to other people)

That's how you deal with Scouse sadly, you wind him up until he fucks off.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
@Scouse doesn't respect other peoples opinions, he only respects the right(ish).

Not that it matters since it's essentially saying "You have a right to live here but f*ck off!"

I think its more that he respects peoples right to have opinions but if they expect him to agree with any of them they can fuck off

Which is fine, the whole point of free speech is that its free from interference otherwise it wouldnt be free speech

If you act on the rantings or speech of someone else you cant blame the guy who made the speech you have to take responsibility for your own actions - this responsibility is the key to a free society

But the governments dont trust us "plebs" as it is so I wouldnt be surprised if there was yet another crackdown promising to be temporary but is never repealed (look at all the huha made by opposition parties when post 9/11 measures were brought in did any of them repeal those measures when they got in power?)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think its more that he respects peoples right to have opinions but if they expect him to agree with any of them they can fuck off

Which is fine, the whole point of free speech is that its free from interference otherwise it wouldnt be free speech

If you act on the rantings or speech of someone else you cant blame the guy who made the speech you have to take responsibility for your own actions - this responsibility is the key to a free society

But the governments dont trust us "plebs" as it is so I wouldnt be surprised if there was yet another crackdown promising to be temporary but is never repealed (look at all the huha made by opposition parties when post 9/11 measures were brought in did any of them repeal those measures when they got in power?)

No one asked him to agree with them, no one asked him to go on a tirade either, he's Scouse though and that's what he does in pretty much everything thread that pops up, because he always has to be right. I genuinely couldn't care less if he doesn't agree with my opinions, I won't lose any sleep over it, nor will it change my opinions just because an angry little man doesn't agree with them.

What I don't like however is slanderous responses claiming I'm a racist right wing Nazi, which just isn't true. The moment he said that I set out on a mission purely to wind him up, which appeared to work for the most part.

Anyone that knows me outside of Freddyshouse knows exactly what I'm like, I might be a cunt at times I may even be a grumpy miserable fucker, but I'm in no way a racist "Get everyone that isn't British out of this country" Nazi scumbag which is what Scouse is implying.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think its more that he respects peoples right to have opinions but if they expect him to agree with any of them they can fuck off)

Basically what i said, except that he flicks off people whether they want him to agree or not. If he doesn't like it, you're a retard/twat/cunt/etc. Not saying i dislike his opinions, i just dislike the delivery. Which is why i've said many times that i don't troll people who act nice.

But enough of him, more on "topic"; freedom of speech is a nice concept, it doesn't really exist though. As Scouse said "if it's not completely free", and it isn't.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
What scouse does, is DEBATE PROPERLY.

He was asking you to justify your OWN stated position on a particular issue... When applied to a different frame if reference.

Put simply... Based on what you have previoysly posted...

Hate speech by muslims should not be allowed.

But as soon as its a white person spreading hate... Thats ok is it?

As far as i am concerned, scouse is correct.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think people have completely forgotten the art of debate, and get upset and/or laugh it off when someone confronts them.

It happens quite a lot in real life, you get into a debate with someone and they're like LOL THIS IS STUPID

No, lol, you realised your argument was retarded, so you gave up.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What scouse does, is DEBATE PROPERLY.

He was asking you to justify your OWN stated position on a particular issue... When applied to a different frame if reference.

Put simply... Based on what you have previoysly posted...

Hate speech by muslims should not be allowed.

But as soon as its a white person spreading hate... Thats ok is it?

As far as i am concerned, scouse is correct.

What has skin colour got to do with being a Muslim? that's two or three times I've seen it in this thread now, once just a few moments ago by @Gwadien above too and now you're implying that Muslims aren't white? and you guys call me racist.

Let's get this out there again, clearly some people are still finding it hard to grasp

ISLAM. IS. NOT. A. RACE. ITS. A. RELIGION.

A race is a genetic distinction, Muslims can be and are every race on the planet, why is this so hard to understand?

Hate speech in general has no place in this world, whether it comes form a Muslim, a spacker from the EDL or even from a fucking hamster named dave, its a shit practice and there will ALWAYS be people who not only take it seriously but go and act on it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This is a bit offtopic(ignore me asking Gwad this is you like), but still;

I think people have completely forgotten the art of debate, and get upset and/or laugh it off when someone confronts them.

Would you say throwing insults around the moment you think someone is wrong, not trying to explain your view, just repeating your previous point, and not reading into context at all is "proper" debating? Because that's how it goes almost every time in these forums. Especially the context part.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The art of debate is understanding when to stop, especially on a forum. We 'debate' to let others understand an opinion. Others are then free to agree or disagree. What is intrinsically missing here is a basic understanding that it is OK to have a different opinion.. But it is NOT ok to try to ram your opinion onto different people. Eg. I have a religious background and continue to maintain a level of spirituality, Scouse vehemently abhors religion. Scouse and I will NEVER agree on this subject so there is no point in him or me discussing the subject. I will give my view in a relevant discussion he gives his and that should be it. What is occurring in this thread is pure bickering and nothing else end of

Re freedom of speech.., there is no such thing.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The moment he said that I set out on a mission purely to wind him up
Yeah I'm calling bullshit on this. You got backed into a corner and you seem to think this is you getting out of it. Coming back after the fact and saying "haha I was just trying to piss him off haha" is feeble tbh. And you were laughing as you read his posts on Vent? What are you, 12?

And your first response in the other thread was absolutely cowardly, how did you expect @Scouse to react? When a Muslim does the shouting you want him to shut up, but a non-Muslim? There, I've put it in a way that you can't even bring race into it. You seemed to laugh it off because it was on Fox but what she was saying was much worse and you curiously failed to mention how she shouldn't be allowed to say it.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
What has skin colour got to do with being a Muslim? that's two or three times I've seen it in this thread now, once just a few moments ago by @Gwadien above too and now you're implying that Muslims aren't white? and you guys call me racist.

Let's get this out there again, clearly some people are still finding it hard to grasp

ISLAM. IS. NOT. A. RACE. ITS. A. RELIGION.

A race is a genetic distinction, Muslims can be and are every race on the planet, why is this so hard to understand?

Hate speech in general has no place in this world, whether it comes form a Muslim, a spacker from the EDL or even from a fucking hamster named dave, its a shit practice and there will ALWAYS be people who not only take it seriously but go and act on it.

It isn't us that are finding things hard to grasp...

Hint... It's you...!

If you think i implied anything to do with skin colour or muslims as a race then your reading comprehension is even worse than i thought at first.

My post simply states the challenge point... IE the point of contention that needs addressing.

You misunderstanding suggests You seem to lack even basic understanding of argument construction and counterpointing.

Nothing you posted there remotely relates to the issue that scouse called you on.

And Yoni is correct. There is little point in continuing this, simply because a debate where only one side understands how to actually debate is pointless and leads to circular argumentation.

/bows out.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It isn't us that are finding things hard to grasp...

Hint... It's you...!

If you think i implied anything to do with skin colour or muslims as a race then your reading comprehension is even worse than i thought at first.

My post simply states the challenge point... IE the point of contention that needs addressing.

You misunderstanding suggests You seem to lack even basic understanding of argument construction and counterpointing.

Nothing you posted there remotely relates to the issue that scouse called you on.

And Yoni is correct. There is little point in continuing this, simply because a debate where only one side understands how to actually debate is pointless and leads to circular argumentation.

/bows out.

Did you or did you not say this

"Hate speech by Muslims should not be allowed.

But as soon as its a white person spreading hate... Thats ok is it?"

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Did you or did you not say this

"Hate speech by Muslims should not be allowed.

But as soon as its a white person spreading hate... Thats ok is it?"

Yes... Those sentances are in that post... And they are there to simplify YOUR views previously expressed.

And to ask for your explination as to why you think that is acceptable.

Reading.
Comprehension.

That you attributed those views to me just proves you don't read posts properly and don't frame sound arguments relevant to the discussion, before you post

Last edited:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
are we...going...anywhere here? I don't feel what we are doing this thread is very constructive.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
are we...going...anywhere here? I don't feel what we are doing this thread is very constructive.

Nope. Hasn't been going anywhere for a long time. First posts on the matter were opinions really and then it's a usual day at the playground ;)

Urgat

Part of the furniture

You are right.

Sorry. I will bow out.

I should know better Than to expect reasoned debate on a forum. ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yes... Those sentances are in that post... And they are there to simplify YOUR views previously expressed.

And to ask for your explination as to why you think that is acceptable.

Reading.
Comprehension.

Really? because I'm pretty sure this whole argument started with.

There should be a fine line drawn between free speech and blatant hate speech.

Not sure where the "its ok for a white guy to do it" in there was? unless I've overlooked something, let me mull over the last 3 pages, because clearly you're seeing something I'm not.

and @TdC it shouldn't be much of an issue anymore, I stuck callous and scouse on ignore this morning when I woke up, I left gwadien off ignore however because he has special needs and i'd feel guilty blocking a the spawn of gollum.

Gwadien

Really? because I'm pretty sure this whole argument started with.

Not sure where the "its ok for a white guy to do it" in there was? unless I've overlooked something, let me mull over the last 3 pages, because clearly you're seeing something I'm not.

and @TdC it shouldn't be much of an issue anymore, I stuck callous and scouse on ignore this morning when I woke up, I left gwadien off ignore however because he has special needs and i'd feel guilty blocking a the spawn of gollum.
Hang on?

When the fuck did I get personal with you and start ripping into you? I never did, I disagreed with you? that's all.

'We should stop people talking who speak hate speech, but I'll call someone special needs, completely unprovoked.'

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hang on?

When the fuck did I get personal with you and start ripping into you? I never did, I disagreed with you? that's all.

It's called a joke Gwad... I'd have called you worse than the spawn of gollum if I were taking anything you've said seriously :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I don't mind reasoned debate, but I do mind continuing on beyond reason.

Gwadien

It's called a joke Gwad... I'd have called you worse than the spawn of gollum if I were taking anything you've said seriously :)
How about I don't enjoy it as a joke? and I never have?

I've always said I don't like being called stupid shit like that, it's pathetic and boring, stop trying to be belittling and patronising.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
How about I don't enjoy it as a joke? and I never have?

I've always said I don't like being called stupid shit like that, it's pathetic and boring, stop trying to be belittling and patronising.

Aww diddums.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Gwad - are you into the muslim faith or did i completely misunderstand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom