Paris Attacked... again

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What?

France must learn to "live with terrorism", French PM Manuel

Yes. That doesn't mean "give in to terrorism" it means "accept it as a fact of life". You fail at English. Again.

We all have to accept that terrorism is a fact of life and you can't stop it without giving up the very things that make our society better than their medieval superstitious shite in the first place.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes for us, but behind the scenes billions are being spent on 24hr security operations to keep attacks as low as they are, if we stood down the security, which we are so used to, we think of it as normal...planes would literally falling out of the sky on fire and people would be wearing blast suits and gas masks getting on public transport.
They are constantly egging on individuals to find holes in our security, western civilisation is under constant attack from trojan horses in our own countries.
Most are unsuccessful, but we can only do so much.
Simply a situation with nothing but disaster for an outcome.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes. That doesn't mean "give in to terrorism" it means "accept it as a fact of life". You fail at English. Again.

We all have to accept that terrorism is a fact of life and you can't stop it without giving up the very things that make our society better than their medieval superstitious shite in the first place.

Bullshit. We didn't "learn to live with terrorism" with the IRA. We (eventually) got around the table to get it sorted out.

Which as horrible as it might sound is probably the only way we can deal with it.

Rolling over and accepting it as part of life is giving in to it.

Edit. Questions need to be asked as to why people are able to become so full of hate that they want to blow a load of random people up. In one of the most privileged countries in the world, why are so many men feeling so marginalised that they give in to mad people that convince them to carry out such actions? Why are those mad people allowed to spread hatred so freely?

Its not the religion that asks them to do it, if it was we would be fucked, it is a twisted interpretation of the religion, stop that shit and you stop Islam being used as a tool for nutbars.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We did learn to live with the ira for a very long time. We didnt let it stop out lives. We continued on.

Of course there were peace talks going on in the back ground. But we still as a society accepted the risk and carried on regardless.

Thats what frenchie is saying.

DaGaffer

Bullshit. We didn't "learn to live with terrorism" with the IRA. We (eventually) got around the table to get it sorted out.

Which as horrible as it might sound is probably the only way we can deal with it.

Rolling over and accepting it as part of life is giving in to it.

Edit. Questions need to be asked as to why people are able to become so full of hate that they want to blow a load of random people up. In one of the most privileged countries in the world, why are so many men feeling so marginalised that they give in to mad people that convince them to carry out such actions? Why are those mad people allowed to spread hatred so freely?

Its not the religion that asks them to do it, if it was we would be fucked, it is a twisted interpretation of the religion, stop that shit and you stop Islam being used as a tool for nutbars.

This is not the IRA. Its a false analogy. The IRA had leaders, a command structure, a political wing. ISIS/Al-Qeada/whatever is a franchise operation that doesn't have a goal that can be negotiated. We're not willing to accept a caliphate in Europe and Sharia law, so there's no overlapping interests, and even if there was, there's no one to negotiate with.

The "questions that need to be asked" are correct and perfectly valid, but there is no scenario where a western nation can block one religious lunatic from creating other religious lunatics. Yes there are arguments about young unemployed men being ripe for radicalisation, but lest you forget the men who flew those jets into the twin towers weren't marginalised at all, they were mostly from wealthy backgrounds; so its not even as simple as saying "get rid of poverty in French Islamic ghettos". It would certainly help, but it won't stop terrorism, and saying "terrorism is here to stay, get used to it" is as factually correct, as "climate change is a thing, look forward to weird weather and flooding". Thinking you can "beat" either thing is foolish; you can work to minimise the damage they can do, but you're not going to stop it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Sen Goulet remarked “The question is: are we able to prevent it. And my answer would be, unfortunately no.”

Its not a question of whether people will get on with life, ofc they will, its whether we just accept we might get blown up and do absolutely nothing to stop it

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Nobody is saying they are going to do nothing to stop it you absolute cretin. They're not throwing their hands in the air and saying "oh well we tried!".

Embattle

FH is my second home
Actually like others have said we did learn to live with the IRA threat, I would say however they are not in the same category as ISIS.

Job

We don't accept , people vote with their feet, Turkey and Morroco are no go areas for most tourists, Nice just dropped off the cliff for hotel bookings, that's how terrorism works..it's not what you do, but what people think you could do again.
The numbers of dead are insignificant in the western world, but the consequences of their intent is reducing civilisation to a nervous wreck.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

miIBRl.png

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Completely pointless on a road

Could have temporary road blocks during large events like the one in Nice or along the curbs to stop vehicles going on the pedestrian bits.
Could even have them staggered just to slow traffic so can't pick up speed but still allow traffic to move.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
These nutcases are also urged to do these sorts of deed by 'religious leaders' residing both in the country itself and in various arab countries, who'm are also receiving lots and lots of aid money by France for example.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Could have temporary road blocks during large events like the one in Nice or along the curbs to stop vehicles going on the pedestrian bits.
Could even have them staggered just to slow traffic so can't pick up speed but still allow traffic to move.
If it's a bit of a road that's regularly pedestrianised (to make it worth doing) like, say, the Promenade des Anglais in Nice for Bastille Day for example, you can install those "up out the ground" bollards that can stop pretty much anything...

Probably prohibitively expensive if you don't shut a particular bit of road at least annually, though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just to bring some perspective - it is quite callous to say but air pollution kills orders of magnitudes more.

Yes, it's not as emotive an issue but if humans did risk right we'd be up in arms over heavy industry and diesel engines because there are plenty of things we can do about that but don't bother with as it's not as emotive.

These events are horrific tho. I do feel it. But at the same time they always make me remember that there are myriad lives to be saved that we spend no cash on, and loads of deaths that we don't get outraged by.

Humans. /Sigh

Job

It is becoming clear he was not a religious man, drank, ate pork and had just been sacked for crashing into four cars by falling asleep at the wheel...looks like he decided to go out in some kind of anti french glory.

DaGaffer

It is becoming clear he was not a religious man, drank, ate pork and had just been sacked for crashing into four cars by falling asleep at the wheel...looks like he decided to go out in some kind of anti french glory.

Does seem that this guy seems to be more like that guy who shot up the gay club in Florida than a typical Jihadi.

Job

The only problem with that is we have even more reason now to suspect ALL muslims, regardless of obvious connections...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I think it's more of a "sickly/extreme behavior, aggressiveness, deviating tendencies that should be on the look for. Should be easy to create a profile for these peeps.

Luckily Job doesn't have any saying in this, because Job is a seriously disillusioned individual.

Job

Oh no I do, I sign off Interpol meetings every tuesday.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You can just picture the ISIS leadership going through their membership book like 'nope nope nope nope, oh well, Yeah, he was one ours!'

Job

I see some guy jumped in and wrestled the attacker , causing him to stop....thats about a level 99 hero.

Job

Barbarians now represent Islam...it's up to them to rise up and prove to us their culture has moved on.

Gwadien

Barbarians now represent Islam...it's up to them to rise up and prove to us their culture has moved on.

Retards now represent the UK... it's time for the rest of us to rise up and move on and accept that our culture has moved backwards.....

Job

Stop believing your own hype, rejecting tyranny is not retarded.
Which is very un pc, special needs please.

Gwadien

Stop believing your own hype, rejecting tyranny is not retarded.
Which is very un pc, special needs please.
Stop believing that everyone who isn't a white anglo saxon protestant is out to kill you.

I've never known someone to incite hatred like you do, although I bet you never do in real life because you're a sad pathetic little man.

Job

I don't incite hatred, I'm a very open person who gets along with everyone who isn't a twat, I only judge people on their religion it scares the shit out of me, seriously anyone claiming to believe in a higher power is a frickin zombie to me,

Gwadien

I don't incite hatred, I'm a very open person who gets along with everyone who isn't a twat, I only judge people on their religion it scares the shit out of me, seriously anyone claiming to believe in a higher power is a frickin zombie to me,

No, you're not.

You're the one who thought it was funny when a Muslim man walked into a pub (ha) and then someone jeered at him. What if that began a downward spiral of anti-English views because he was victimised because of - as you said it - purely his religion, who's responsible then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom