News Paris Attack

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
The thing I find disturbing with the leaders they do have, is that very few say anything against acts of terrorism and what these idiots do in the name of Islam. They are probably dancing on the streets of Palestine much like they did on 9/11! :(

Ahmad al-Tayyib, the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar (one of the highest Sunni authorities in the Muslim world) has strongly condemned the attacks in Paris, state news agency Mena reports.

Speaking during an international conference organized by the Ministry of Religious Endowments today, Al-Tayyib called the Paris terror attacks "chaotic", and stressed that Islam is innocent of terrorism. He also called for international cooperation to counter terrorism.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just had word from our VP of EMEA that 5 from our Paris office haven't checked in yet :/

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Ahmad al-Tayyib, the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar (one of the highest Sunni authorities in the Muslim world) has strongly condemned the attacks in Paris, state news agency Mena reports.

Of course he did, he wasn't exactly going to say "good job guys, snackbar practice at 8am Monday sharp!"

It's like when anyone dies - "he was such a great person", noone is going to come on the news and say "he was a bit of a cunt, noone liked him".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can't negotiate with mentals and they aren't bothered about dying. This is going to get worse before it gets better. We can push them out of various regions but what's the point if as soon as we leave they move back in again.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hate to burst your bubble Gwadien but Islamic Extremists doing shit things to non Islamic Extremists didn't start in 2003, it's been going on since the 50's. First attack I remember was in Egypt in 1990 when some Snackbars went round beheading a load of Swiss tourists - thats the famous warmongering Swiss.

They seem more than happy to attack nations that had nothing to do with the Iraq war (remember Freedom Fries?), and it's not just the West under attack - last time I checked 5 people a day were getting murdered in Thailand because they didn't appreciate the genius of everyone's favourite paedophile sky fairy, and the Thais have had bugger all to do with the Middle East.

It's an Islamic problem and we need help from the moderate Muslims to denounce what the nutters are getting up to. We can't bomb them back to the Stone Age (not that they ever left), but by the same token just talking and being compassionate isn't going to fix anything - as talking works a lot better when backed up by a ruddy great stick.

Negotiation woukd be great if we lived in an ideal world, but as you can see from last night's events, we don't.

I agree, as I said before, it's their problem, they need to deal with it internally.

I find Israel-Palestine being a smaller version of the global problem, forget the whole annexation of land from the Palestines, but the response of the Palestines against what is happening to them by the Israelis, it's down to bare bones psychology.

I am fully aware that terrorism wasn't pre-9/11, but we never really reacted to it in a similar way, and I'm pretty sure the amount of boots on soil of Muslim nations and the amount of people turning to extremism has an almost perfect correlation.

A blind man would see that both of these attacks in Paris are trying to provoke a reaction, but whilst you have drone attacks, air strikes, and special forces which (apparently/hopefully) are singling out Jihadi targets, we are winning, sure it's a slow and arduous process, but it's far better than playing into their hands and putting soldiers on the ground and causing more collateral damage, thus turning a great deal more Muslims to extremism.

It's the only action that we can realistically take.

The only other action which we can take which would be definite war crimes is to absolutely annihilate the areas infected by IS, but then you have 1,400,000,000 pissed off muslims around the planets pleading to why you've acted in such a rash manner.

As for the religion as a whole, yeah, I dislike any religion to the next person, but I am not going to single out a religion and attack it, because frankly that's an absolutely ridiculously dangerous thing to do, as @TdC said before, the vast majority of people on this planet just want to chill the fuck out and get on with life, individuals are crazy, and they do crazy shit on the behalf of a majority, as for stuff happening in Thailand, I've never heard of it, but I'm pretty sure that it's Thai Muslims acting on non-Muslim Thais which has nothing to do with reacting to what's going down in the middle east, as I said before; people are just batshit crazy.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Its getting to the point where the only solution is the total extermination of religion.

Killing for your sky fairy...really?

Killing people because they don't think like you? You'd fit in well at IS.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If Muslims cannot sort out their own people in their own countries, someone has to right. My suggestions is boot out every muslim and let no one in back ever again.

Then we build a huge wall around Europe. Not a fucking fence, but a full blown castle fucking wall.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If Muslims cannot sort out their own people in their own countries, someone has to right. My suggestions is boot out every muslim and let no one in back ever again.

Then we build a huge wall around Europe. Not a fucking fence, but a full blown castle fucking wall.

That's a bit like saying why didn't we sort out our fellow Christians during the Sierra Leone genocide?

old.user4556

If Muslims cannot sort out their own people in their own countries

.. and I think that's the genuine, peaceful way to do it.

I'm not a politician, so my views are stunted, but if you want to stamp it out, you need a coordinated and open discussion / plan / strategy across all muslim countries to tackle worldwide extremism. As I said above, there are tens if not hundreds of millions of radicalised muslims.

Of course, it'll never happen.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
when all is said and done over a hundred people were murdered. i choose the word murdered carefully. they weren't active military they had no warning or chance to defend themselves. there's no justification you can spin it anyway you like, they were civilians they didn't deserve this. IS is never going to settle for peace they are complete fucking nut jobs. and you can say oh we murder civilians over in the middle east etc. when was the last time our armed forces let rip in a stadium or shopping center etc. they are savages they dont deserve our pity our respect or our sympathy fuck the lot of them i hope someone wipes the fucking lot of em out. rant over.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
.. and I think that's the genuine, peaceful way to do it.

I'm not a politician, so my views are stunted, but if you want to stamp it out, you need a coordinated and open discussion / plan / strategy across all muslim countries to tackle worldwide extremism. As I said above, there are tens if not hundreds of millions of radicalised muslims.

Of course, it'll never happen.

You do know that half the Islamic world hates the other half even more than they hate the West right? At the recent Syrian talks they had to arrange the Saudi and Iranian delegations so they didn't even have to look at each other. It's also fairly obvious that IS is being funded by Gulf money (yes Man City fans, YOU) and even the so called secularised Turks can't be trusted because they've been aiding IS to sort out their Kurdish problem. So I don't think there's much scope for co-ordinated discussion right now.

old.user4556

You do know that half the Islamic world hates the other half even more than they hate the West right?

NO SHIT - that's why I said it wouldn't happen. Sky fairy worshippers seeing eye to eye fails out of the blocks, and that's why religion is a cancerous polyp on the face of the earth. I'd gladly take the humanists / atheists off it and nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
@Gwadien I can see your point and mostly agree but until Islamic scholars and the leaders they do have unite against

Speaking during an international conference organized by the Ministry of Religious Endowments today, Al-Tayyib called the Paris terror attacks "chaotic", and stressed that Islam is innocent of terrorism. He also called for international cooperation to counter terrorism.
Meanwhile the Grand Mufti only a couple of weeks back said all Christian churches (on compounds) In Saudi should be destroyed :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
It's also fairly obvious that IS is being funded by Gulf money (yes Man City fans, YOU) and even the so called secularised Turks can't be trusted because they've been aiding IS to sort out their Kurdish problem. So I don't think there's much scope for co-ordinated discussion right now.

Actually both UAE and Saudi have made it very difficult to send money to these organisations. Not saying it has never happened but certainly not as rampant as you seem to think. Qatar (private donations) have been linked with funding them but then so have Pakistan, Saudi and USA! One of the reasons the Saudi and Qatari's fell out was the Qatari support for some of these organisations.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Lots of long winded posts regarding reasons for the actions of these terrorists but I feel would be much easier to just describe them as murders/mental cases.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
There is no chance of concilliation, simply because they are right to despise the west, the simmering anger of 100's of millions of Muslims is well founded in the barbarism we have shown them, we treat them like dogs, bomb them with impunity and gloss it all over like we are culling rats.
Too late to say sorry, the time is approaching to grab the victory and the highground before history writes it for us.
JC vs Mohammed.

old.user4556

Lots of long winded posts regarding reasons for the actions of these terrorists but I feel would be much easier to just describe them as murders/mental cases.

That's hard when Islam is at the root of it.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
No Islam maybe be connected to some of the current situations but you cant say it is the root of it. Christianity helped mold this situation with its own tyrants and crazies, just as Islam helped keep the fire going with their own crazies and tyrants. Wiping out religion would not change anything as Tyrants and Crazies will always find a reason to do what they do.

old.user4556

Wiping out religion would not change anything as Tyrants and Crazies will always find a reason to do what they do.

That's not good enough for me, I want it removed from the earth. I'd like to wipe it from existence and start afresh and fight about what's really on people's minds (because yes, humans will find something to fight about). When it comes to fighting over something, if it's land, being poor, being mistreated or oppressed, being gay, then those are actual tangible reasons. Religion is over bullshit scriptures, bullshit brainwashing, and sky fairies.

What are they really fighting about? The west's oppression? Our foreign policy? Oil?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Religion has always been used to gain power over people with fear. Be it fear of not getting into Heaven if you dont live a certain way or fear of going to hell ect ect

old.user4556

Religion has always been used to gain power over people with fear. Be it fear of not getting into Heaven if you dont live a certain way or fear of going to hell ect ect

Exactly - utter bullshit. Fear, control, beheadings, stoning of women, clitorises removed, slaughters, honour killings, forced marriage. Barbaric, disgusting and vile.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Actually both UAE and Saudi have made it very difficult to send money to these organisations. Not saying it has never happened but certainly not as rampant as you seem to think. Qatar (private donations) have been linked with funding them but then so have Pakistan, Saudi and USA! One of the reasons the Saudi and Qatari's fell out was the Qatari support for some of these organisations.

I'm unconvinced, and the main reason why I'm unconvinced is resupply. Have you noticed the only people actually even asking the question about ISIS logistics are people of the swivel-eyed loony variety? Seriously, do a Google; no mainstream media sites are commenting on this despite it being a really obvious question. Why? Because if you look at a map, they have to be getting supplied via one of America's so-called "allies"; Turkey, Jordan or Iraq. (Lebanon is Shia dominated and doesn't border ISIS territory), and anything coming through Iraq is coming from Saudi, Kuwait or Turkey first. Even if those allies aren't actually paying, the kit has to be coming through their territory, which is either super-embarrassing, or worse, profoundly disturbing. So even if Gulf states are putting on a show of doing something about ISIS funding, the reality is that everyone in the region is lying about ISIS and aren't to be trusted.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Once again this is far too personal for me. This is MY city. If I hadn't had to come home ill we would have been in the centre of Paris last night. Probably having dinner but The Bataclan is high on our list of venues for 'filler' concerts. I am beyond distraught.

I heard of the explosions at the Stade de France on Twitter way before it hit the news. My friend was compere at the football game that was on. They heard the explosions but had no idea what was going on they weren't allowed to leave after the game. No one knew what was going on, signal in there is atrocious. I was having to tell him on Facebook what was happening as i flashed between the news channels.

Those restaurants are where I used to walk for my morning paper.

Oh why didn't GIGN storm The Bataclan straight away? They left it 3hrs! We knew on Twitter they were killing the hostages. It was too late when they went in.

I have to commend Twitter for organizing 100s of places for people to stay. And Facebook for organizing a system of 'safe' ticks so you knew people you know in Paris are safe.

Our rugby game was cancelled and The Foos have cancelled the rest of their tour so everything I was moaning about yesterday has disappeared and paled into insignificance.

sayward

Resident Freddy
What worries me is half an hour earlier every single thing trending on Twitter was in arabic. I tried to have a look and see what they meant but Google translate didn't make much sense. What I did understand in retrospect was very odd. Surely 'they' monitor these things. After they had all disappeared.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well, at least we don't live in boring times.

sayward

Resident Freddy
when all is said and done over a hundred people were murdered. i choose the word murdered carefully. they weren't active military they had no warning or chance to defend themselves. there's no justification you can spin it anyway you like, they were civilians they didn't deserve this. IS is never going to settle for peace they are complete fucking nut jobs. and you can say oh we murder civilians over in the middle east etc. when was the last time our armed forces let rip in a stadium or shopping center etc. they are savages they dont deserve our pity our respect or our sympathy fuck the lot of them i hope someone wipes the fucking lot of em out. rant over.
These were kids at a rock concert. All creeds nationalities and colours, look at the photos of the missing. Just imagine the rock concerts you've been to. Only with less organisation, less exits and twice as overcrowded!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Alright, I've actually got a few serious things to say here. First of all, i want to go out on a limb and say, France brought this on themselves. Their foreign policies and what not (MIND YOU, with the current state of affairs in mind).

Puking in my mouth a little bit over these people changing their Facebook picture to a France flag thingy, same as the Je suis Charlie thing, same with the initial happenings in Egypt, Syria and Libya. It doesn't make things better, it makes you feel better. Also, Je Suis Charlie saying "I am Charlie", and 99,9% of the people that tweeted and posted that shit wont stand up to crazy extremists knowing your life is on the line.

It's just 100 peeps. It's nothing if you compare it with the bigger scheme of things.

The Islam governments doesn't condone this kind of stuff, but, I'm betting a lot of their religious leaders does, and they are the ones that need to make this shit stop.

I BET, if the whole EU would just stop sucking Americas balls and just condemn them and all their genocidal and warmongering shit. Look at these drone-attacks where classified papers has been leaked showing more than 75%? killed in these bombings are civilians, and these papers passed Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

So, going out with a sweeping declaration and apology to the Arab/Islam world that we won't send any more troops and not work together with the US in such matters, they would just leave us alone. Hopefully.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just had word from our VP of EMEA that 5 from our Paris office haven't checked in yet :/
Any News? Hub had just booked to go tomorrow on Eurostar, without me for 3 meetings. But now Foos have cancelled so has he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom