'Parents should teach their children about paedophiles'

russell

FH is my second home
I dont have children and never had to do that talk but what I, personally, deem the most important is that you assure your child to tell you about the incidents, even if they were told by people NOT to mention it to anybody.
Absolutely. You have to tell your kids that even if they say they will hurt you or mummy etc ...-they only do this to stop you from telling. Not nice at all -one quick converation, and you'd be surprised how long they remember.

russell

FH is my second home
How old were they when you started to have those conversations Russ? I just can't imagine that conversation with my two as they're still babies, but even when they're older I've got no idea when you could have that kind of conversation in a way they'd understand.
It happened to me (in terms of the sexual stuff) when they started sleeping over at friends houses. Round about the time you do the whole 'what would you do if you got lost...if there was a fire...if mummy collapsed or someone broke in. Important things like remembering your address/ tel number and how to call 999, who could you run to if you needed help.. etc.
It will come DaGaffer, you will know when the right time is to prep them :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Can't stand children. My two nieces are the only ones I tolerate. However, for some unknown reason they seem to like me. We usually go to my nieces birthday parties and I always get stuck with some kid talking bollocks to me or telling me all about some stupid doll they have brought along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom