'Parents should teach their children about paedophiles'

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16931352

Right, or Wrong?

I think it's wrong, scaremongering is the Governments job, not the Parents job.

As Scroobius Pip said;

'Any man over 30, playing with a child, that is not their own, is not a paedophile, some people, are just nice.'

On the bus yesterday, there was a parent who looked about 21ish, with 3 kids, and this old asian woman was talking and playing with the kids, bless her, must have been around 80, this parent looked at her like, what the fuck are you doing?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah they should teach about them, but also tell that most people are NOT.

It has come to that point that even regular folk have to stay away from kids in fear that someone screams pedobear.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Right.

parents must still have the duty of looking after their children by warning them of potential dangers

This.

However, I also think parents need to get a sense of perspective - paedophilia is supposedly half as prevalent now as it was in the 1950's.

I went to a friends 10 year wedding anniversary. Was rammed at a local hall. Kids everywhere. I went out with a mate who's a smoker but it was cold so I came back in and left him to it. On the way in someone's kid (I'm guessing about 5) wandered out of the toilet with his trousers undone - he couldn't do the button up. He was upset and asked me to do it up for him - which I did. Next thing you know his parents were sprinting across the hall to find out what was going on, were very flustered and started asking questions in a emotional and upset manner (which basically means they've already decided what's going on). I told them, then walked off. Thankfully my mate had just started walking in and saw what had happened.

He said, "you can't do that any more".
I said, "what? I can't help children when they're upset? Parents need to get a fucking grip".
He said, "Yep they do, but they're not going to".
I said, "Fuck that, I'll always help - and tell parents to fuck off if they get shirty"...

I was also disgusted when we were asked not to take photos at my niece's nativity. In case some of us were fucking paedo's. Parents - GROW UP. :eek:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So I worked in retail most of my working life, you get lost kids in shopping centres. There was a time when you'd hold the kids hand or be able to pick them up and make them feel safe, after all they've just lost their mum or dard and don't know what's going on. I think that all changed around 6 years ago, now you can't even hold a lost kids hand. Crazy world we live in.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
OMG CHET WANTS TO HOLD A KIDS HAND PAEDO PAEDO PAEDO

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Statistically it's the parents who are most likely to abuse.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's the same attitude that makes every photographer a terrorist Aoami... it's a sad and depressing world we live in where we always assume the worst.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fortunately it's not quite as virulently paranoid in Ireland as it is back home (priests...understandably...excepted). If anything, I'm usually the uncomfortable one when little old ladies insist on touching my child(ren) when they're gooing and gaaing over them, but its just an Irish thing.

The whole photography thing is the same though; our child minder wasn't allowed to take photos of my daughter just in case the other kids in her care were in shot, because then she has to get permission for us to have the photos and its too much hassle (unlike in the UK this is actually a real regulation - its part of the certification for being a licenced child care...person). In the end I discussed it with the other two sets of parents and we agreed it was bloody ridiculous and gave the child minder general permission.

As for telling my kids about pedos; we'll obviously give them the stranger-danger talk when they're older, but I'm not sure about anything more...upsetting, than that.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Right.

This.

However, I also think parents need to get a sense of perspective - paedophilia is supposedly half as prevalent now as it was in the 1950's.

I went to a friends 10 year wedding anniversary. Was rammed at a local hall. Kids everywhere. I went out with a mate who's a smoker but it was cold so I came back in and left him to it. On the way in someone's kid (I'm guessing about 5) wandered out of the toilet with his trousers undone - he couldn't do the button up. He was upset and asked me to do it up for him - which I did. Next thing you know his parents were sprinting across the hall to find out what was going on, were very flustered and started asking questions in a emotional and upset manner (which basically means they've already decided what's going on). I told them, then walked off. Thankfully my mate had just started walking in and saw what had happened.

He said, "you can't do that any more".
I said, "what? I can't help children when they're upset? Parents need to get a fucking grip".
He said, "Yep they do, but they're not going to".
I said, "Fuck that, I'll always help - and tell parents to fuck off if they get shirty"...

I was also disgusted when we were asked not to take photos at my niece's nativity. In case some of us were fucking paedo's. Parents - GROW UP. :eek:
Did you get a touch of his willy then?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
As a parent I've taken time to explain that there are bad people around that would hurt you. Basically told my son run and scream if anyone asks them to get in a car etc. You do what you can in a responsible manner. My sister in law is a Psychologist working in oxford, she is convinced that you can never change a paedo. Once caught they should be kept out of harms way.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
parents shouldnt have to, but its an imperfect world
but what can you do ? worry about dirty old men ? what about those 2 little cunts who should of been hanged that instead are pissing away money being "protected" and hidden away ? (2 who killed Bulger)
end of the day, you can only try to educate them as Hawk said, but if they do get targetted there is little you can do :/

Gwadien

Just pathetic and annoying societies labels on people and I agree with a previous post where paedophiles attitudes cannot be changed its 'what turns you on' tbh there should be help for these people alloy them to own up but not named and shamed and support them for they have done nothing wrong.

I remember at my secondary school there was a bloke standing at the gates at the back of the field, all the teachers had labelled him as a paedophile, no, after a group of peeps talked to him, it turned out he had the mental age of about 14 so he merely wanted a friend.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Just pathetic and annoying societies labels on people and I agree with a previous post where paedophiles attitudes cannot be changed its 'what turns you on' tbh there should be help for these people alloy them to own up but not named and shamed and support them for they have done nothing wrong.

I remember at my secondary school there was a bloke standing at the gates at the back of the field, all the teachers had labelled him as a paedophile, no, after a group of peeps talked to him, it turned out he had the mental age of about 14 so he merely wanted a friend.
That's actually quite sad :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's actually quite sad :(

Quite, but how large of a % in these very forums would point and call pedobear on seeing a grown man lurking near a playground?

Can't say i'd be surprised if majority did. People judge way too fast and way too easily.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Personally, I rather teach them to stay 100ft away from any priest

Gwadien

Quite, but how large of a % in these very forums would point and call pedobear on seeing a grown man lurking near a playground?

Can't say i'd be surprised if majority did. People judge way too fast and way too easily.
No, it's not a matter of a 'grown man lurking near a playground' it's more of a case of teaching your children, to be aware of all strangers, because they'll take you into their car and touch you.

Society is fucked as it is, everyone is in their own world getting A to B, and has no sense of community any more, I mean, I always see these elderly people walk past me, and don't know whether to get defensive, or just say hello, because 'teenagers' have a label of either mugging old people, or just being anti-social.

Imagine the 'kids' I mean, the Kids, like the ones who are being taught this stuff, they'll actually fear walking the streets, I know friends parents don't let their younger children out off the street, and I mean, 12-13 year olds, not allowed off the street.

It's just scaremongering on a unbelievable scale, in my experience(ha), it also seems to be a British thing, when I went to Greece, most people were so friendly, just being generally interested in children, and being friendly, we're some of them paedophiles? - well, you'll never know, I guess.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It is very much a British thing I think, in my experience children in France (and Spain) are generally very well-behaved and courteous.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I know friends parents don't let their younger children out off the street, and I mean, 12-13 year olds, not allowed off the street.

In my opinion that's almost as abusive as what they're trying to avoid.

When I was a kid, and I'm talking single digits, I just went off exploring. Never told anyone where I was going. My mum used to come looking for me at about 9pm, never before.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I wasn't allowed out into town until I was about 16 or so, parents really fudged that up for me.

It was basically not allowed to do anything until 16, then do what the fuck you want. Obviously this led to some problems.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
As a side note, I generally avoid children and never respond to them if they ever talk to me. I generally don't even go near my sister's kids.

Gwadien

As a side note, I generally avoid children and never respond to them if they ever talk to me. I generally don't even go near my sister's kids.
Children under the age of um, 5, are always just 'kids', whereas after that, they start to have their own personality, you can always find out what parents are like from 5-12 year old kids, it's quite amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom