paladin ra's and artis

Danhyr

Fledgling Freddie
now my paladin is 50 im wondering what ra's i should get, are there any paladin speceifc ra's are they any good?. got MOB 3 atm as i am 50 shield spec.

also have no artis... whats good for a pala... malice/battler

what about a shilld or any other parts. post your thoughts here

ta dan

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
winged helmet, som is must.. malice good because of proc, battler aint bad either, or get traitors dagger for the extra hp, and you dont hit anything with any of these anyway.. gov is a good choice as well.

Ra's it really depends on your playstyle.
for pve mob5, aug dex, toughness, ip2 seems to be good choices..

my ra's are currently rvr group specced:
-vehement renewal2(good group insta)
-purge1(must at rvr)
-anger of the gods2(20 dps damage add to boost the mercenaries)
-IP2 to survive the assist train when they are on me(life of a BGer is hard :))

no passive ra's tho, so no dueling lol :D

hope this helped a bit :cheers:

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
For paladin i'd say get defensive RAs to start, then when you get high RR you can go over to more dmg dealing RAs, as your primary objective in a grp will be defensive, and not offensive.

For artis i'd go for GoV, malice (great proc), ml7 shield, mad scals, CB and the list goes on, just use artis and items where you can cap as much as you can, however, using SoM can be very good if you're BGing and you get a melee assist train on you, that combined with high AF and good blocking will keep you alive, and thus also the one you're BGing....

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
on my pally i got MoB3 AoM3 atm, those ra's makes some difference vs casters and can be good when soloing caster mobs aswell. the next rai'll get is purge 1. he is currently 3l1

the artis i got is Belt of sun, HFC for haste and malice. will get GoV and CB and prob SoKaos if i get time to do it.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
if you plan on rvr'ing id take VR and purge until the det changes appear, then high det (and vr if spare rsp).

If PvE mob is the way to go. IP is a waste of time if you have a good group, if you solo it might be worth investing in (or crap clerics).

The important thing regarding artis is to make a balance. Get capped (or near to) capped resists, get in good hp and con, then try and get in some str/dex caps. Personally I have gov, malice, harpycloak (couldnt work som in and keep my resists as high) and cb. Also got battler in 2h slot for the charge.

O and when people say you need som and WH. Its not true in the slightest so long as you think you can rely on your clerics. A 50shield pala with 950+af is still damn hard to kill for a melee assist train.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Why would you take Winged Helm over Crown of Zahur? For the level 10 ability? Statwise, CoZ seems better. Winged Helm has the 'useless' resists as well.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Why would you take Winged Helm over Crown of Zahur? For the level 10 ability? Statwise, CoZ seems better. Winged Helm has the 'useless' resists as well.

there is no useless resists for a tank ?

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Would never use winged helmet, as its chain, and not plate.. :mad: RA!

RvR = WoC3 > all, purge is nice, IP is useless unless you solo, and well VR is nice for extra group instant..

PvE= Mob 3, dex 3 (at rr 3)

My pve spec at rr 5 is mob 3, dex, toughness 3, and con 3..

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
woc is one of the most useless ra's in the game, dont choose it.

(unless you're a PL bot, and doing pbaoe groups 99%+ of the time, because that extra ae damage gets agro fast.. other circuimstances its a waste of rps)

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
woc is one of the most useless ra's in the game, dont choose it.

(unless you're a PL bot, and doing pbaoe groups 99%+ of the time, because that extra ae damage gets agro fast.. other circuimstances its a waste of rps)

Rofl you clearly dont know what your talking about them... WoC with banelord bombs is really opted.. and besides I took a caster from 100% to 66%

says it all tbh..

Maleb

Fledgling Freddie
Ironfalcon said:
Rofl you clearly dont know what your talking about them... WoC with banelord bombs is really opted.. and besides I took a caster from 100% to 66%

says it all tbh..

AND it's funny to make the stealthers unstealth if you push the WoC-button when they escape and use vanish (just before they are about to lose a fight <grins>)

tbh it's all about if you solo or be a grp friendly pala.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Maleb said:
AND it's funny to make the stealthers unstealth if you push the WoC-button when they escape and use vanish (just before they are about to lose a fight <grins>)

tbh it's all about if you solo or be a grp friendly pala.

Aye I would agree.. its all about YOUR own style tbh. how you wann play you paladin, if you wanna be able to assist your fellow dmg'ers go hybrid, then you can both do dmg in rvr, and do some pve'ing aswell, if you like solo, I would suggest Ip tho, as that would help you alot, if you go group.. I would like aragyn said.. maybe go for some passive RA*s until high RR, tho I like WoC 3 with my current RR, gives me the final punch when in fights, I think its funny, when you see a few people with 20% life, and you know you can go in press one button, and BOOOOOM... 350 rps pr kill for you and your guildies.. :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Ironfalcon said:

says it all tbh..

Can do that damage without spending 30 points on merc in 1 hit :p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Can do that damage without spending 30 points on merc in 1 hit :p

same, getting a caster down to 66% with an insta is cool.
but what after? you're not a killing machine.. unless you're like me :p so that caster will get healed immediately, and you just end up playing with a funny toy without any effect that costed 30 rsp's. wooooooow :m00:

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
WoC... right, and which paladin has the RSP's to buy that? rr20? XDD

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
'Little' rework of my template, I summoned up this..
I'm using GoV, Crown of Zahur, Malice's Axe, CB (dex version), Feathered Wrap (Argh!:p) and a Zahurs Ring as main items. Once I'm happy with it I'll post the entire thingmajiggy.

Using a rog jewel with 24 str, 19 dex, 5 dex cap and 5 con cap.

Will the low quickness be a problem? And the lack of parry?
+5 slash is a choice I made on purpose, I have 44 Slash specced, so 44 +5 +2 from RR3 = composite 51.

I am also missing some slash and matter resists, but atleast they are all 25% or better.

Code:
Stats
    Str:    91    Int:    0    Hits:    256
    Con:    95    Pie:    0    Power:    0
    Dex:    101    Cha:    0
    Qui:    41    Emp:    0

Resists
    Body:    28    Energy:    26    Crush:    29 (3)
    Cold:    31 (5)    Matter:    25    Thrust:    26
    Heat:    26    Spirit:    27    Slash:    25 (2)

Skills
11 Shield
5 Slash

Cap Increases
26 Dexterity
80 Hits
15 Strength
20 Constitution

Other Bonuses
4 Spell Range
4 Melee Damage
13 Fatigue
9 Style Damage
10 AF

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
er 51 composite spec doesnt work if you use that line to melee with (which a s/s paladin will ..)

The whole idea is you spec for 51composite in your base weaponskill dmg type (ie slash) then use a different line to melee with which isnt weaponskill based (2h, crit strike, dual wield, pole). If you actually use slash the extra 6 slash will increase your style damage.

O and regarding your template. I really would try and get some %melee speed in, a pala with 40qui and 0%meleespeed will swing sooooooooooooo slowly. Mine doesnt swing particularly fast and thats 45qui 9%speed (especially when you slam and stuff).

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I see.. Hm.. I used to have Shades of Mist in it, swapped it out for a Feathered Wrap so I'd cap the resists somewhat better. Ok, guess I'll start over again and try and get some quickness and melee speed as well.

I just love making templates, it's like a puzzle! :)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
I see.. Hm.. I used to have Shades of Mist in it, swapped it out for a Feathered Wrap so I'd cap the resists somewhat better. Ok, guess I'll start over again and try and get some quickness and melee speed as well.

I just love making templates, it's like a puzzle! :)

yeah i made 27 pala templates before settling for #17 :p

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
same, getting a caster down to 66% with an insta is cool.
but what after? you're not a killing machine.. unless you're like me :p so that caster will get healed immediately, and you just end up playing with a funny toy without any effect that costed 30 rsp's. wooooooow :m00:

Well look at this way roope.. 3 x banelord in group (most opted groups runs with this, I dont know if you've ever tried beingin one? ), + various rr 5 ability, and WoC 3 is more than 70%, and as I said, woc is radius effect, so it hits more than one person roope! I like my WoC, and I think that works for my play style.. he asked for something, and I told him what I think.. So you go do you twohandhybridthingIhitlikeatruck, and I do my WoC thing ok? :touch:

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
you choose whatever you feel like.

but a new pally asked for help, and you suggested something that's basicly not fotm, and not even many pallies think its good. look at my reply, i didnt tell him to go hybrid/2h... because thats my way, and he asked for fotm.. even if we dont agree on the usefulness of woc, its not fotm anyway.

btw: if you say woc3 boosts your mercenaries damage, i suggest trying anger of the gods 3.. 30 dps dmg add(150 extra hits/swing for me) makes more difference than that woc3 imo.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Ironfalcon said:
Well look at this way roope.. 3 x banelord in group (most opted groups runs with this, I dont know if you've ever tried beingin one? )

crap I can't have ever been in an opted grp then :<

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
you choose whatever you feel like.

but a new pally asked for help, and you suggested something that's basicly not fotm, and not even many pallies think its good. look at my reply, i didnt tell him to go hybrid/2h... because thats my way, and he asked for fotm.. even if we dont agree on the usefulness of woc, its not fotm anyway.

btw: if you say woc3 boosts your mercenaries damage, i suggest trying anger of the gods 3.. 30 dps dmg add(150 extra hits/swing for me) makes more difference than that woc3 imo.

Does it have to be Fotm? and I didnt say that WoC3 boosted my mercenarie skillz.. I just said its a nice utiliti for paladins. aswell as AoG 3 is aswell..

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
aotg > woc imo :) Help the assist train while bging and all that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom