Osama dead

Embattle

FH is my second home
Why do I have to live in America when shit like this goes down? :(

Actual facebook status 2 mins ago on my feed - "Today we celebrate freedom - GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Pass the vomit bags.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I find the people calling for the death of all Muslims living in the US next far worse than the one's calling illegal drone strikes on a foreign country freedom, Americans are the worst kind of people. They really are.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I find the people calling for the death of all Muslims living in the US next far worse than the one's calling illegal drone strikes on a foreign country freedom, Americans are the worst kind of people. They really are.

Relax sir, they're a young Country, they have alot to learn, Blessum.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
If a toddler was bigger than you, do you think it would listen ?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Ah, so previous generations victories excuse today's crimes? I'm not sure how well that would fly in court(assuming any country in the west would ever be held accountable rofl)

bainteor

Banned
Americans are the worst kind of people. They really are.

I personally don't understand how you can make such a generalisation, but each to their own I guess. The world has a lot to owe America; they stand for freedom and democracy - and despite not agreeing with everything they do, I will always trust them over an oppressive Muslim nation.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
urgh my friend is a real raging lefty, on FB "In light of today's news that it's fine to murder people as long as they are the baddies, here's a little thought for you all today" and then a link to something right-on, political with vegan overtones

personally i'm glad the motherfucker is dead, anyone who glories in the death of so many uninvolved people is evil and dangerous...does make me wonder who the next international supervillian is going to be though.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I personally don't understand how you can make such a generalisation, but each to their own I guess. The world has a lot to owe America; they stand for freedom and democracy - and despite not agreeing with everything they do, I will always trust them over an oppressive Muslim nation.
The US does NOT stand for "freedom and democracy", unless it directly benefits them. There's dozens of examples where they promote exactly the opposite of this, and most of them are in surprise - "oppressive Muslim nations".

We can all point fingers at Osama for being the bad guy, but really is it so hard to see where he's coming from? I'm not saying I agree with him here, not at all but I can totally understand why they do what they do. I'd like you to think about the fact that to get to Osama, and for our 'revenge' 900 thousand people have died. The majority of that is civilians. How are we better?

bainteor

Banned
The US does NOT stand for "freedom and democracy", unless it directly benefits them. There's dozens of examples where they promote exactly the opposite of this, and most of them are in surprise - "oppressive Muslim nations".

We can all point fingers at Osama for being the bad guy, but really is it so hard to see where he's coming from? I'm not saying I agree with him here, not at all but I can totally understand why they do what they do. I'd like you to think about the fact that to get to Osama, and for our 'revenge' 900 thousand people have died. The majority of that is civilians. How are we better?

So after 9/11 did you really expect the Americans to sit back and let something like that happen again? Of course they want revenge, but it's as much about prevention isn't it?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm more interested in how OBL was "allowed" to live so close to Islamabad without the Pakistanis officially knowing....

Helme

Resident Freddy
How the fuck does invading two totally unrelated countries prevent future terrorist attacks? I'd argue it does exactly the opposite, it gives the terrorists legitimacy - something they certainly didn't have before 9/11 where the majority of the Muslim world was condemning the attacks.

bainteor

Banned
How the fuck does invading two totally unrelated countries prevent future terrorist attacks? I'd argue it does exactly the opposite, it gives the terrorists legitimacy - something they certainly didn't have before 9/11 where the majority of the Muslim world was condemning the attacks.

But what makes you so qualified to be able to make that statement? How do you know that these countries were 'unrelated'? American intelligence knows a lot of things that an average citizen like me and you does not.

I know that's not a great argument - but I guess trust comes into it. As I said, democracy and freedom - if the world is in America's hands then people like me are safe.

Helme

Resident Freddy
What makes me qualified? Common sense, something the US intelligence seems to lack. 15 of the 19 attackers during 9/11, were from.... Saudi Arabia, two from the UAE, one from Egypt, and one from Lebanon. Bin Laden himself was from Saudi Arabia, which was also where most of the money behind the attack originated.

As for the actual terrorism recruitment, the Oxford Research Group said that "Al-Qaida and its affiliates remain active and effective, with a stronger support base and a higher intensity of attacks than before 9/11... Far from winning the 'war on terror', the second George W. Bush administration is maintaining policies that are not curbing paramilitary movements and are actually increasing violent anti-Americanism."

Woops! But I guess you honestly don't care about the 5 billion people that aren't European or American, as long as you have your "democracy".

ECA

I am a FH squatter
urgh my friend is a real raging lefty, on FB "In light of today's news that it's fine to murder people as long as they are the baddies, here's a little thought for you all today" and then a link to something right-on, political with vegan overtones

personally i'm glad the motherfucker is dead, anyone who glories in the death of so many uninvolved people is evil and dangerous...does make me wonder who the next international supervillian is going to be though.

Have you punched him in the face yet?

bainteor

Banned
What makes me qualified? Common sense, something the US intelligence seems to lack. 15 of the 19 attackers during 9/11, were from.... Saudi Arabia, two from the UAE, one from Egypt, and one from Lebanon. Bin Laden himself was from Saudi Arabia, which was also where most of the money behind the attack originated.

As for the actual terrorism recruitment, the Oxford Research Group said that "Al-Qaida and its affiliates remain active and effective, with a stronger support base and a higher intensity of attacks than before 9/11... Far from winning the 'war on terror', the second George W. Bush administration is maintaining policies that are not curbing paramilitary movements and are actually increasing violent anti-Americanism."

Woops! But I guess you honestly don't care about the 5 billion people that aren't European or American, as long as you have your "democracy".

Obviously you feel very passionate about this, and I appreciate that. But I just think, to dismiss America's intelligence is rather naive. As I said, they will have done what they feel was best, and what they prefer is good enough for me. I will repeat; America knows things that no one else knows, not even the Oxford Research Group.

Helme

Resident Freddy
How does it take US "intelligence" to surmise that terrorist attacks have increased in frequency since the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan? All that takes is a glance at statistics.

But it's all for the greater good right? I mean, the US has a plan - God's on their side after all.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Have you punched him in the face yet?

her... lol no, but i do try and avoid ever discussing anything political because she's one of those people that believe their opinions are 100% right and you'd be a mentaler to think otherwise lol...she'd fit in here tbh Oo

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Killed and buried at sea in one night. That's the quickest bin collection ever.Especially as its a bank holiday.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The US can't exactly abandon their efforts though.

And that's the real point however right or wrong the war is, by invading we have made thousands of new terrorists. And if we pull out of both wars now will all these terrorist just give up and go home? So while it's horrible for the troops getting attacked with an IED it is that or have the same IED attacks here at home. And I know where I would prefer it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If they pulled out now it would create a power vacuum which would lead to a hell of a lot worse state than it is now. That's not to say they should have gone there in the first place but they cannot simply pull out over night.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
see this thread has gone into usual bollocks mode again..

Marc

FH is my second home
Did the stupid **** that made that video seriously use the poppy "lest we forget" symbol in his bullshit about Afghan heroin?

For a fucking start, the poppy used as tribute to those in world war 1 has absolutely no fucking relationship with drugs and secondly its a different plant anyway.

I dont really give a shit to be honest what he used, I wasnt watching, just listening

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom