Osama dead

Helme

Resident Freddy
My question to you is why are you so keen to discredit Fox news? How reliable is your source that tells you of all this turmoil in Iraq? How do you know your sources are true (unless you have witnessed this first hand in Iraq)?

Is this a case of people chosing what to and what not to believe?
As far as press goes, Fox News is bullshit even when it's reporting accurately, because it can't refuse to put in right-wing bullshit.

When it comes to getting a reliable information, you generally should look towards the various humanitarian organisations, like the Red Cross, Amnesty etc.

For actual press, Al Jazeera is usually very good at giving you an Arab perspective on a situation - as long as you aren't looking for news about Qatar. Russia Today(RT) is also fairly good, and so is Xinhua. Rolling Stones makes an honorary mention for their large articles as well.

Obviously all these sources have their own agendas, but compared to American press they're saints.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
As far as press goes, Fox News is bullshit even when it's reporting accurately, because it can't refuse to put in right-wing bullshit.

When it comes to getting a reliable information, you generally should look towards the various humanitarian organisations, like the Red Cross, Amnesty etc.

For actual press, Al Jazeera is usually very good at giving you an Arab perspective on a situation - as long as you aren't looking for news about Qatar. Russia Today(RT) is also fairly good, and so is Xinhua. Rolling Stones makes an honorary mention for their large articles as well.

Obviously all these sources have their own agendas, but compared to American press they're saints.
hehe fox news use to watch them at work for a giggle. I love their interview technics, the one who shout the loudest or just telling them to shut up. And they have a tendancy to make slips now and then like the one where they said its been confirmed that President Obama has been killed, when they should have said Osama Bin Laden.

AND::::

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid | | AlterNet

ECA

I am a FH squatter
My question to you is why are you so keen to discredit Fox news? How reliable is your source that tells you of all this turmoil in Iraq? How do you know your sources are true (unless you have witnessed this first hand in Iraq)?

Is this a case of people chosing what to and what not to believe?

Fox news is a joke and everyone outside of the clueless hardcore republican/tea partiers knows it, even though 99.99% of FH forum users are from outside the US, we know it as well.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Fox may be joke, and they take that ridiculous 'newsreader reaction and opinion' to a level even the ITV news can't reach, but I take all news in context.
Everyone skews the truth without exception, and the drivel coming out of Fox is just as important as the drivel coming from more 'trusted' news sources.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Fox may be joke, and they take that ridiculous 'newsreader reaction and opinion' to a level even the ITV news can't reach, but I take all news in context.
Everyone skews the truth without exception, and the drivel coming out of Fox is just as important as the drivel coming from more 'trusted' news sources.

Not many organizations edit their footage to completely change the context as vilely unscrupulously as fox news do though.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Fox News make News of the World look like the most honourable media outlet in the world :|

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Not many organizations edit their footage to completely change the context as vilely unscrupulously as fox news do though.
Yup is a clip on youtube where Obama explains the tax raises that Bush got thru just before election. Fox News recut the clip so it sounded like Obama was raising the taxes.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

They do, just not as obviously.

I have posted this before but when I got my first sat dish, it was the run up to the Iraq war and the TV was full of crazy looking Iraqi's slapping their heads and
cutting themselves while denouncing the west, so I pointed my dish at Eutelstat
which carried a lot of unencrytpted newsfeeds and eventually found a news stream from Iraq.
It was of a reporter being jostled by a crowd of Iraqis, slapping their heads and all round giving the impression Iraq was full of crazed nutters.
Then the segement finished and the camera zoomed out, the 'crowd' was just a small group and all around was bemused Iraqis carrying shopping, dressed in western clothes and driving nice cars.
That was my Eureka moment, everything you see and hear is basically bullshit.

gohan

FH is my second home
Did the stupid **** that made that video seriously use the poppy "lest we forget" symbol in his bullshit about Afghan heroin?

For a fucking start, the poppy used as tribute to those in world war 1 has absolutely no fucking relationship with drugs and secondly its a different plant anyway.

opium is poppy seeds, opium is the base for herione

that is all xD

different species of poppy yes but when you say poppy peopel automaticly think red poppy

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If he's not dead, and its one of Joor's Conspiracies, what they gonna say when he makes another vid?

OBL is brown bread.

Marc

FH is my second home
If he's not dead, and its one of Joor's Conspiracies, what they gonna say when he makes another vid?

OBL is brown bread.

I hate to stick up for Joor but those videos were plainly bullshit and were ripped to pieces by experts. Some of the mistakes the Americans made in those videos were laughable but people still lapped it up that if its on Fox, it must be true.

Helme

Resident Freddy
My favourite recently from Fox was when they were filming on an empty street during the Wisconsin protests, saying that there were no demonstrations here - while the street over had over a hundred thousand people protesting.

tierk

Part of the furniture
As much as i am happy to see OBL dead, i cant help but feel that there will be another OBL type figure inc soon. Foriegn policy of the USA over the last years is directly responsible for the spike in Terror Attacks globally and anyone that thinks otherwise is a seriously deluded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom