Open Thread

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
This might be considered pretty boring. You have been warned. It stems from the way the game is played and what some players are trying to do to Midgard and what happened to me because I had the temerity to speak out. It is not about women's rights - it's sheer coincidence I'm a girl. If I'd been a bloke it would have been the same, but with more fists.

I have no objection to anyone joining in this thread, or not, as they wish, and expressing any opinion, whether or not I might consider it worthwhile, calling me whatever takes their fancy and using whatever language they are able to, or which will pass the censor. Just don't expect to like the response.

I live in a democracy where freedom of expression has for some time been considered one of the basic rights of its citizens, enshrined in its unwritten constitution, and exercised on countless occasions. With freedom of expression comes the responsibility to stay within the law and within the bounds of common decency. Other countries may have a different tradition - I haven't travelled alot so I don't really know. There is no obligation to express only that which is popular, that which pleases the authorities, or that which takes the path of least resistance - or even, to be blunt that which is honest, proper or logical.

In a thread not a million miles from here I happened to express a couple of opinions about certain things about to happen in Midgard which turned out to be not very popular - my right - and my responsibility to keep them decent. Had I foreseen that they would take the original thread totally off topic, and in retrospect, after the first 4 posts I should have started a new thread. My bad, for which I apologise to the thread starter for that and for that alone.

However, I do now feel the necessity to lodge a couple of public complaints (whines if you like, though I try to keep my tone as, whatever-the-opposite-of-strident is, as possible) about the way me and my ideas about Midgard were dealt with by those in charge of the content and technical side of this Forum.

After I had signed off, I was publicly taken to task by the Chief Moderator for my childishness and threatened with a ban. Just me. No other poster in the thread, no other poster no matter how thuggish, just me. It's still there to read. This I strongly object to. Not for having my knuckles rapped (won't be the last time), but the way in which it was done and the ostensible reason for it. No pm earlier to say stop this nonsense. He waited until I had actually signed off. Note there were no others selected for dragging the topic in the wrong direction, or into meaninless flaming, though how I could have done this alone still escapes me. I was selected to be the scapegoat. Why anyone who got as many readers in such a short space of time (and yet remained reasonably decent) would be threatened with a ban beggars belief (well mine anyway).

Apart from the one person who actually DID veer off topic first, and who has every reason to give as good as he got from me, I was called, or told to :

'rude'
'ass' and 'pathetic' (twice) - by a Moderator no less
'retard'
'no life' and 'get a life'
'shut up'
'tit'
'piss off'
'head in ass'
'worthless opinions'
'childish'
I was also blatantly misquoted, or rather text was attributed to me that I did not type and which included a suggestion that I had used bad language.

Now any of these may or may not be true or valid. It's not for me to say. But they were from posters supposedly less childish than me, and to whom I had never adressed an insult or a personal attack in any way. In other words gratuitous attacks on me, my personal life and my opinions. I see no sign of any criticism from moderators of their mindless flaming - or is that considered a valid method of debate? To me it's low-life ranting - freedom of expression without the responsibility.

In replying to the posts in which they were included, the direction of the thread was bound to veer off course. Was this down to me alone? Should I have just said nothing, or gone and done the dishes like any good girl ought? I just wonder why I was selected for the public admonition and threatened with a ban. Key riced.

I don't really give a flying finger, ban or not, but injustice in any form gets my back up, even if it's me on the receiving end.

It's probably childish of me even to make this post, but I'm still at that stage where I think rhat maybe, just maybe, there are reasonable people in this world and that they make a difference. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that they're as rare as a good Raid Leader or a cheap Guthlac Shield. If that's the adult world as it is, you'll be seeing alot more of me, even if not here on FH, and some of you ain't gonna like it. And if that sounds pretentious, sorry, but I mean it.

I was going to study astrophysics but Im scared of the Dark.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
mercury said:
This might be considered pretty boring. You have been warned. It stems from the way the game is played and what some players are trying to do to Midgard and what happened to me because I had the temerity to speak out. It is not about women's rights - it's sheer coincidence I'm a girl. If I'd been a bloke it would have been the same, but with more fists.

I have no objection to anyone joining in this thread, or not, as they wish, and expressing any opinion, whether or not I might consider it worthwhile, calling me whatever takes their fancy and using whatever language they are able to, or which will pass the censor. Just don't expect to like the response.

I live in a democracy where freedom of expression has for some time been considered one of the basic rights of its citizens, enshrined in its unwritten constitution, and exercised on countless occasions. With freedom of expression comes the responsibility to stay within the law and within the bounds of common decency. Other countries may have a different tradition - I haven't travelled alot so I don't really know. There is no obligation to express only that which is popular, that which pleases the authorities, or that which takes the path of least resistance - or even, to be blunt that which is honest, proper or logical.

In a thread not a million miles from here I happened to express a couple of opinions about certain things about to happen in Midgard which turned out to be not very popular - my right - and my responsibility to keep them decent. Had I foreseen that they would take the original thread totally off topic, and in retrospect, after the first 4 posts I should have started a new thread. My bad, for which I apologise to the thread starter for that and for that alone.

However, I do now feel the necessity to lodge a couple of public complaints (whines if you like, though I try to keep my tone as, whatever-the-opposite-of-strident is, as possible) about the way me and my ideas about Midgard were dealt with by those in charge of the content and technical side of this Forum.

After I had signed off, I was publicly taken to task by the Chief Moderator for my childishness and threatened with a ban. Just me. No other poster in the thread, no other poster no matter how thuggish, just me. It's still there to read. This I strongly object to. Not for having my knuckles rapped (won't be the last time), but the way in which it was done and the ostensible reason for it. No pm earlier to say stop this nonsense. He waited until I had actually signed off. Note there were no others selected for dragging the topic in the wrong direction, or into meaninless flaming, though how I could have done this alone still escapes me. I was selected to be the scapegoat. Why anyone who got as many readers in such a short space of time (and yet remained reasonably decent) would be threatened with a ban beggars belief (well mine anyway).

Apart from the one person who actually DID veer off topic first, and who has every reason to give as good as he got from me, I was called, or told to :

'rude'
'ass' and 'pathetic' (twice) - by a Moderator no less
'retard'
'no life' and 'get a life'
'shut up'
'tit'
'piss off'
'head in ass'
'worthless opinions'
'childish'
I was also blatantly misquoted, or rather text was attributed to me that I did not type and which included a suggestion that I had used bad language.

Now any of these may or may not be true or valid. It's not for me to say. But they were from posters supposedly less childish than me, and to whom I had never adressed an insult or a personal attack in any way. In other words gratuitous attacks on me, my personal life and my opinions. I see no sign of any criticism from moderators of their mindless flaming - or is that considered a valid method of debate? To me it's low-life ranting - freedom of expression without the responsibility.

In replying to the posts in which they were included, the direction of the thread was bound to veer off course. Was this down to me alone? Should I have just said nothing, or gone and done the dishes like any good girl ought? I just wonder why I was selected for the public admonition and threatened with a ban. Key riced.

I don't really give a flying finger, ban or not, but injustice in any form gets my back up, even if it's me on the receiving end.

It's probably childish of me even to make this post, but I'm still at that stage where I think rhat maybe, just maybe, there are reasonable people in this world and that they make a difference. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that they're as rare as a good Raid Leader or a cheap Guthlac Shield. If that's the adult world as it is, you'll be seeing alot more of me, even if not here on FH, and some of you ain't gonna like it. And if that sounds pretentious, sorry, but I mean it.

I was going to study astrophysics but Im scared of the Dark.

As i do have a life (not saying u don't) Im not gone bother to explain this all again. in easy words:

U say:
I just wonder why I was selected for the public admonition and threatened with a ban. Key riced.

U started with negative comment on Mck's thread, with that u offended me and all the other ppl who wrote against u, u showed mck 0 respect before he even did his raid. And u got that back from the community it seems.

U get what ya give in life. Apperently u had not enough with the RL thread, the ml rush thread, and u wont have enough after this. U are now being a stuborn woman who just wanne get herself proven right. But with ure way of attacking/addresing u wont get it from a lot of ppl.

Gl with ure "cause"

vav.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I had some thought before posting this reply - should I post this is or not into this public forum - decided to post anyway :)

My advice Merc is to be less sensitive what ppl do comment about your views of matters. Clearly you are a woman with more IQ than quite many here in forums post stuff about (maybe this might be the real reason why you get into to the these troubles, your english is perfect, and well formatted - compared to some others, and when you reply, some might get the urge to invalidate your points by any means possible), You've made this clear more than one occassion (sp?).

My point is, that I am known as a temperamentic individual (even tho I refuce to admit), and sometimes I have to think twice (atleast) before I react to tell. Had such occuring today for the last time..

But I get along with most ppl. There are few individuals tho, who I simply can't get along, and there is no point to try to sweet talk with those ones. You simply can't get along with everyone. Sometimes ignore is your friend..

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Vavires threatening to ban people from ml-raids? Wow, such news! lol :rolleyes:

islef

Loyal Freddie
Merc first of all i think quite alot agree with most of what you said in the post you are talking about. From an idealogical point of view i do as well, but as i stated in another thread i personally dont care at all about loot on ML raids since the purpose for me is to get some chr ready for rvr, nothing else.

Second i think you are partly right to be offended or feel you have been treated unfairly by the mod. That said i found it a little bit annoying that i had to scan through alot of text that was totally irrelevant for the thread looking for changes about the raid.
Also i think the reason you were warned and not the others are simply because your posts attract more attention because they are generally longer and better constructed than posts of the others that took part in the discussion. Therefore i would think that a mod reading through the thread, would remember your posts much more vividly than the others (i know i did).

That the mod handled it sorta bad i can agree to, but i think it was mostly just meant as a minor warning but it was definately worded the wrong way, but i guess mods who spend a lot of time reading these forums will get influenced by the somewhat harsh tone there can be.

One last thing is that i think you put many people on the defensive when debating with them, simply because of your clear advantage in using the english language. It can be very frustrating trying to express (sp?) your feelings or beliefs during a discussion in a language you only master to some extend (Writing this i am unsure if it even relay what i am trying to say, since my native language is danish).
I am not saying you should in anyway change your way of argueing on these boards, but i think that the simple fact you can rhethorically batter 90% of the people here, will annoy many that try to discuss with you, resulting in them using the words you display from the former thread. In that thread you do come of as trying to belittle some of the other posters intellect (from my point of view), even if that was in no way your intention.

Will stop ranting now but nothing to do at work.
Regards Isle

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
mercury said:
After I had signed off, I was publicly taken to task by the Chief Moderator for my childishness and threatened with a ban.

I've gone off and read what all this is about, and in particular this bit. Appears to me to be the case too. This encapsulates all that is bad about these forums. People can spew garbage at others and moderators appear to do no more than randomly intervene, often picking the easiest target rather than the most deserving. I appreciate the job isn't easy but that's hardly an excuse.

In my view these forums are "a toilet" (the RvR one worst of all) that I'm forced to use if I want to learn what's going on in the game community I find myself a part of. I truly wish there was an alternative. I'm sure it wouldn't make any difference though as I guess they're a reflection of the community. Shame on us then.

Anyway, the message seems to me to be "keep your mouth shut and don't dare express an opinion, even if it is intelligent, well-formulated and polite".

It will be a relief to me when I have finally kicked the addiction (DAoC) that brings me back to these forums. They are definitely the worst part of playing this game.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Vavires threatening to ban people from ml-raids? Wow, such news! lol :rolleyes:

Excuse me??
Please go get my quote where i state this, for your info i stopped leading raids since last saturday, nothing to ban. Read something before giving uter crap comment, the ban merc is talking about is from the main forum moderator:twak:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
You chose to express your feelings about how raids should be run in what came across as a very arogant manner in a raid leaders thread, basically saying that he was completely inable to lead an ML raid, and you'd wait for a "proper" one, before he'd even given it a go.

You might not of meant it like that, or you might of done. Either way several people took offence to that.

mercury said:
I'll wait for a proper Midgard run ML rush, or do one myself.

Here was the first line that I personally found distasteful. What exactly does a proper Midgard rush entail.. Are you trying to say that unless you clicked Midgard the first time you logged into the game over 4 years ago that you should have the right to insult them if they try to organise an event here. It's how it comes across. If you actually believe this then I think we can all go home now and just accept that your ranting for the sake of ranting. Hopefully people just misinterpreed it tho. The raid leader posted a perfectly acceptable raid, with fair and standard loot rules, and the first post he recieved was basically "I have no idea who you are, but i'm going to have a go anyway".

Vav then asked you this question:

vavires said:
what is the reason to attak this person? who is new to midgard and does the effort to make a ML Rush..

to which he received this.. And i'll try and disect it for you

mercury said:
In this case, I merely pointed out that this Hib refugee's raid rules were so far out from what I (that is me, personally, not anybody else, not professional raid leaders, just me) think is fair, and didn't want any part of it. I did not suggest, ask or imply that anyone else should follow my lead.

Ok you now call him a Hib refugee. It's a game, not a country. Your not paying taxes to support him. Your basically insulting someone you've never met here. Your also saying you think he rules are unfair.. I can't see any reason why these rules are even slighty unfair. Maybe you can, but i'm also fairly sure that this probably isn't the place to have the argument (i.e. on the first page of hs raid thread). Simply by posting this here you are implying that other people should follow your lead, your not saying it, but if you wern't implying it there would be no reason to write it in the first place.

mercury said:
But I ain't gonna trust several hours of my game time to someone who :

a. states quite clearly elsewhere he's only playing Midgard in his spare time

Again, why does this matter. Because someone plays on another realm as well doesn't make them less able to run a good raid. The only ML rush i've run on Mid I had at least 30 PM's after the event thanking me for running the best rush they had attended so far. I spend most of my time playing on Alb, so by your views, everyone should of shunned my rush totally. Go read the threads complaining about how unfair it is we can't play on more than one realm on english servers now after cluster, I think you'll find the percentage of people who don't want to play more than one realm are quite small.

mercury said:
b. Has rolled a toon he wants to ignore PvE with as much as he can and get straight to RvR - thus dissing most of the reason I, for one, as PvE hoe-in-chief play this game for in the first place

Ok so he enjoys a different side of the game to you.. This surely isn't a reason to be rude to the guy?

mercury said:
c. Is doing this ML rush so he can reach that end and his style of comment suggests that the benefit the BG he'll recruit will gain appears to be secondary

The BG is going to be getting credit for the steps, which is why he's running the raid. He's running it to get him the steps sure, nothing wrong with that.

mercury said:
d. With the power of a BG leader could, if he were that way inclined - and I'm not saying he is - make such an uber group they could certainly get the bulk of the drops

This option would also be available to any guild or anyone who got their early. I always use these rules in the hopes that people do try to do this.. having people creating groups that are balanced and able to kill stuff quickly actually helps the raid go much more smoothly. People might actually try and get sensible classes in their groups, instead of making random groups with no rezzer, who then slow the raid up.

mercury said:
e. Won't even help LDs unless they are at the enc spots on a server as laggy as Prydwen with a 100+ BG

For about 80% of the steps moving between encounters should be aggro free.. especially if 100 people have just marched that way. It's actually normally better to move to the next encounter anyway if someone LD's as it means when they log back in they arn't trying to do so on the heads of 100 people. Some people with really bad PC's might struggle, but if your one of those people, then it's probably better to attend smaller ML rushes than a 100 person 9 ML's in a day rush. So it's not a perfect raid for everyone.. no raid will suit everyone, however hard you try.

mercury said:
f. cba to make a volunteer a loot treasurer who would do the lotto, after he'd gone if loot weren't his object, so that those who do like a bit of jam on their bread couild get a spoonful or two

I will pointblank reufse to do this on any raid I run. It's not about not being arsed, it's about fairness. I think that not having a treasurer set is much fairer. On most ML raids, 50% of the BG are AFk watching TV or reading forums. I would much rather the loot went to the 50% there hitting the mobs than give the same chance to the 50% who arn't even looking at their screen for 80% of the day. I've run more raids than you've probably attended.. the second I stopped using BG loot, the number of people paying attention and helping out doubled. You've got actually more chance of getting a drop with these rules than with a lotto, assuming you arn't afk, so your certainly not removing any Jam from bread.

mercury said:
g. Doesn't even know what month of the year it is

You've stopped even being reasonable here.. At this point despite you being fairly nasty to him in your first post, he's not said a word against you. He even said sorry that it wasn't the type of raid you wanted, and how did you respond.. with pettyness like this! Take a step back for a second and think how comments like this might look to other people.

mercury said:
This makes me (just me, no-one else afaik) highly suspicious of

his motives (a Healer doesn't have to kill any of his home realm mates, yes?)

I've no idea where your even going with this.. but surely even you can admit you've got so far off topic here, that you'll need a map to get back.

mercury said:
his commitment to Midgard (new, untried, might be oki - but I can think of recent examples who weren't)

It's a game... He's running a raid, not applying to be president of Midgard. If you treated the last additions to Mid like your treating this guy, calling them refugees for example, then i'm not surprised the last ones didn't hang around to be your best mate.

mercury said:
his competence and industry. (The whole tone seems to be I wanna get this outta the way as soon as I can, devil take the hindermost).

So having never met the guy, your now questioning his competence, purely because he want's a part of the game he finds boring out of the way quickly. It's really starting to feel like, if everyone isn't a clone of you then they shouldn't be allowed out of a padded cell for fear of injuring themselves.

mercury said:
I really hope I'm wrong on all fronts. We need someone who can and will run fair ML rushes, with all the effort required. We've all seen the effects when it isn't done properly.

I'd agree 100% with this.. If future raid leaders are treated to this kind of abuse (and it is abuse, no matter what you may think) then I doubt there's going to be many stepping up to try in the near future.

mercury said:
Now any of these may or may not be true or valid. It's not for me to say. But they were from posters supposedly less childish than me, and to whom I had never adressed an insult or a personal attack in any way.

You didn't direct a personal attack at me, no. You did direct a personal attack at the thread starter without him insulting you in any way. The "you started it" argument is very childish so I won't use that, but it's probably not that far from the truth. If your going to insult people for no real reason then you can't turn round and cry when people start doing it back to you.

Yes, it's far too long a post, and no i've not been particularly nice and coddling towards you. Hopefully you'll be able to step back for long enough to realise why people might have taken offence to this rant in someone's raid thread. I'm guessing you'll just pick a small part of it and flame me for it. Hopefully next time you feel like posting something like that you might stop and think about how it would feel if you were on the receiving end however.. You appeared to get horribly upset and defensive when I mentioned anything even hinting at negative about your CO5 raids, yet you see nothing wrong in posting a page full of insults at someone you don't know. In your words you called me a "Thug". I can assure you that nothing I said towards you was any worse than the treatment you gave the starter of this thread. If your going to wade into someone else's thread in this manner, then be prepared to have some of it thrown back at you. You were downright, insulting, rude and acting superior with pretty much no provication, so I didn't really feel the need to start of being nice towards you when venting my opinions on your posts, as you certainly didn't give other people that luxury.

Your claiming that your not the only person that dragged the thread off topic. Posting flamebait, and it wasn't anything other than that is normally down to one person, in this case it was you. Unless you can give me a good explantation of why posting what you (and you alone as you pointed out so many times) thought about a raid that you wern't attending was necessary or anything other than attention seeking, then i'm sorry I think the mod probably got it right. It's not to say you were the only guilty party, but if your looking for something to blame, then that long rambing post would of been it.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Golena again.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I really must go on more raids, this sounds quite entertaining, better then coronation street :)

Off topic though, nice avatar mercury.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
i just read the post you were refering to...and i musy oh my...

i haven't played daoc for maybe 5-6 month's but it seems that some people have reached rock bottom with common sense ad dignity and respect to others...yes i am talking about you merc solely about you.

i don't wanna put time or effort on a long post so i will just describe you with a few singleminded words , it's more my style.

sick , crazy , insane , arrogant , stupid , disrespectfull , no common sense at all and finally: Get Laid get a hard humping from your man !( if you have one ).

/berget

Gratscensi

Banned
mercury, you are assuming daoc-players are 'normal' in definition of morals, intelligence, metal age etc. hereby lies the problem ;)

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Stupid thread tbh, just accept merc no one likes you :wanker:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Reading the thread concerned (& also your Raid Leaders thread), it seems to me that many of your posts contain either direct personal insults, or the same couched in pseudo-intellectual grammatical constructs (like that :p).

Maybe try to be a little less... denigrating?

In the thread concerned, a point had long been reached where the off-topic flamebaiting should have just stopped and this is about where Jupitus (correctly IMHO) stepped in. You as main antagonist were his obvious target.

Let it go IMO.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Pftt

OohhoO said:
Reading the thread concerned (& also your Raid Leaders thread), it seems to me that many of your posts contain either direct personal insults, or the same couched in pseudo-intellectual grammatical constructs (like that :p).

Maybe try to be a little less... denigrating?

In the thread concerned, a point had long been reached where the off-topic flamebaiting should have just stopped and this is about where Jupitus (correctly IMHO) stepped in. You as main antagonist were his obvious target.

Let it go IMO.

Jupitus stepped in after I'd signed off. Direct personal insults were not one of the things he accused me of, a$$hole. Four posts in, that thread should have stopped being about my ideas, as the RL had said all that was needed. Look to who posted the 5th one.
There's nothing pseud about my intellect, and my grammar is how I was taught to write. I refuse to 'write down' to people who read my rants - most can understand words of more than one syllable, tho there are exceptions.

Me denigrating? I am of mixed afro-European descent, so I would hardly be that.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil said:
i just read the post you were refering to...and i musy oh my...

i haven't played daoc for maybe 5-6 month's but it seems that some people have reached rock bottom with common sense ad dignity and respect to others...yes i am talking about you merc solely about you.

i don't wanna put time or effort on a long post so i will just describe you with a few singleminded words , it's more my style.

sick , crazy , insane , arrogant , stupid , disrespectfull , no common sense at all and finally: Get Laid get a hard humping from your man !( if you have one ).

/berget

Thank you for that contribution. It takes the discussion to a new level. Unfortunately, I can't reach that low, but it gives me a good laugh. At least I'm usually sober when I post on FH.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Poles apart

Golena said:
You might not of meant it like that, or you might of done. Either way several people took offence to that.

Aye, I had noticed.

If you'd posted that a few days ago I could have addressed your points. No need now to go over it all again. We'll have to agree to differ.

It obviously took time and thought to write that, and no matter how far apart we're coming from, at least I can see you care. But it's not arrogance that drives me, nor insanity, nor the need to be gratuitously insulting, nor disrespect, nor sexual frustration - in fact I wish I knew what it was.

Like anybody else, there's lots of things I'd like to see change - but they won't happen just because I want it that way. So perhaps I feel the need to make my point - and its not because I like to be flamed. I knew very well as soon as I'd posted that first comment I'd have to fend off the sh*t with a large shield. My shield is my language, don't try to take it away. Judging by the private responses I've had I'm not alone out here on this limb.

I have to admit I don't like Hibs - in a role playing kind of way. Doesn't mean I have to kill the guy playing one, but I sure as hell won't ignore him - even if it's just to poke fun. My first comment in that thread was supposed to be kinda humorous - it got heavy after that, and I profoundly regret that my reaction to the one poster who began to throw insults around caused his perfectly legitimate info thread to get bogged down.

If truth be told, I took offence, not at any name-calling heaved my way, but at the embedded attitude that he was only doing the PvE crap to get to RvR as quickly as possible. If that's the way he wants to play the game, fine, but I am not obliged to like it or ignore it.

I still have the vague suspicion that this would be a perfect way for a Hib spy to sneak in under cover of 'helping' us poor benighted Mids. Perhaps my insanity stretches to paranoia?

:fluffle:

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Teslacoil said:
Get Laid get a hard humping from your man !( if you have one ).

/berget

Judging by statements like this, it's a pity you didn't give up posting on these forums at the same time you gave up playing the game. You're out of order.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
mercury said:
Jupitus stepped in after I'd signed off. Direct personal insults were not one of the things he accused me of, a$$hole.

So what was that "a$$hole" for?
There was nothing insulting in my post.
That's what this is all about.

mercury said:
Four posts in, that thread should have stopped being about my ideas, as the RL had said all that was needed. Look to who posted the 5th one.

There are 70 posts in that thread. 26 are from you, all of which are off-topic. The fact that 2 mods pulled you up ought to have been clear-enough indication.

mercury said:
There's nothing pseud about my intellect, and my grammar is how I was taught to write. I refuse to 'write down' to people who read my rants - most can understand words of more than one syllable, tho there are exceptions.

Nobody said there was, yet you continue to insult both others & yourself by being insulting.

mercury said:
Me denigrating? I am of mixed afro-European descent, so I would hardly be that.

I am not racist enough to believe that either genetical descent or nationality have any bearing on ones ability to be disparaging towards others.

Not personally directed at you, but why anyone who finds it necessary to be nasty to other people then expects to be sympathised with when the compliment is returned is beyond me.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
OohhoO said:
So what was that "a$$hole" for?

Was a joke. You know, humour, funnies, otherwise it would have been asshole. Oh, forget it.

The fact that 2 mods pulled you up ought to have been clear-enough indication.

They didn't, and it wasn't - obviously. The first mod simply made a biased, cheap and not very clever comment. The second one pulled me up after I'd said I'd stopped.

Nobody said there was, yet you continue to insult both others & yourself by being insulting.

Can't work that one out. I'm not as clever as you think you are.

I am not racist enough to believe that either genetical descent or nationality have any bearing on ones ability to be disparaging towards others.

Now who's being pseudo-intellectual? Again, it was a pun. The word only looks as if it's about colour. Think you need to lighten up.

Not personally directed at you, but why anyone who finds it necessary to be nasty to other people then expects to be sympathised with when the compliment is returned is beyond me.

They'd be living on a different planet from this. You really ought to read the thread properly, and you'd see who started the nastiness. It weren't me.

Now do sober up, there's a good fella. It's too early to be hitting the bottle.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
mercury said:
Was a joke. You know, humour, funnies, otherwise it would have been asshole. Oh, forget it.

They didn't, and it wasn't - obviously. The first mod simply made a biased, cheap and not very clever comment. The second one pulled me up after I'd said I'd stopped.

Now who's being pseudo-intellectual? Again, it was a pun. The word only looks as if it's about colour. Think you need to lighten up.

They'd be living on a different planet from this. You really ought to read the thread properly, and you'd see who started the nastiness. It weren't me.

Hello??
Glasses on?
My lady, u attacked Mck, 1 way or the other, u started it, ppl reacted. The longer u keep the BSing the less convinced u sound.

Afrodite

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't read all posts and not the other threads either cause it takes me a long time to read due to bad english knowlage.
What i don't understand is why you all are jumping on merc for her personal opinion? sure she might have offended people, but i admire her because she got the guts to speak up when she disagree to something.
I on the other hand would rather die then having people not liking me, and i try to please everyone.
But when i sometimes read different threads on this forum i get so angry and sad at the same time. People just don't care about eachother anymore and that makes me sad.
Bah just ignore me, i don't really know the whole story. Sorry.

PS. I like you Merc, i know you are a friendly, nice, sencible person.

And please don't argue or flame me. don't even reply to this post since i think it is so hard to wright and read english, and it takes me forever.

And i wish all of you who read this to have a nice day and don't let daoc bring your spirit down.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Convincing

Vavarse said:
The longer u keep the BSing the less convinced u sound

Well, I certainly wouldn't try to convince you of anything. You obviously know it all, so there wouldn't be much point.

And if you quote someone, you do NOT alter the text they've written. I will not add imo to that, because it's an accepted civilized way to behave.

There was no underlining and no bold face in my original. See how you like it. In future leave it alone.

Don't try to make jokes in English. Mine are bad enough, but yours work even less.

Can I also ask why you clutter up threads by including in every post you make the whole of the post your'e answering? Especially when your reply is often a lame one-liner? It isn't necessary though it makes your contribution appear far more important than it really is. Perhaps you feel the need to do this.

It may be your right to do it, but it's your responsibility to do it properly

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Kvadi said:
Judging by statements like this, it's a pity you didn't give up posting on these forums at the same time you gave up playing the game. You're out of order.

good that someone saw that i meant to be and i know i was , th point of my post was i know what i wrote and i know what i mean by it , but merc as u can see sit's there and writes ton of text but can't see what she is writing and then sit's here and cries that people are unfair to her.

merc. to as golena said , take a step back and read and re-read your own posts, and yes go get that sexual frustration over with, so u don't loose focus when u re-read your own posts.

/berget

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil said:
and yes go get that sexual frustration over with, so u don't loose focus when u re-read your own posts.
/berget

Sorry, couldn't make head nor tail of the first bit, so removed it.

And as someone said to me elsewhere, grow the f*ck up. My brain is in my skull, not between my legs. :wanker:

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
mercury said:

I have read it properly IMO.
You attack someone.
People react.
You attack them too.
A mod joins in (not on your side obviously).
You attack him too.
People tell you it might be a good idea to calm down/let it go/back off.
You attack them too.
Another mod gives you a warning.
You don't like that either.

As people keep saying - Take a step back, maybe go & reread the stuff whilst trying to see where the others are coming from, maybe treat people with a little more respect, wether or not they deserve it in your opinion. Maybe find out where all this aggression is coming from & direct it at whoever really deserves it because I don't thinks it's really the people currently on the receiving end here. Or is this really all just for attention? Cos that's how it's starting to look otherwise.

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Other view

How it looks from here.

I post in a thread, saying in effect, I didn't agree with poster's ideas on MLraids. No attack, nothing personal, no insults, no bad language. A joke about planets and a statement that he won't see me on his raids.

Thread starter replies in a perfectly reasonable way. I'm happy to let it go.

Then some interfering dude sh*t stirrer starts throwing insults around like 'rude'

I respond, a bit ott, but I've met him before. Seems calm and reasonable on the surface but like a wasp sting there's alot more underneath and it keeps happening.

Take it from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom