Oooops.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
WEll, I'd want someone to buy mine too, if i owned a clio ;)

buy mine buy mine!

Actually this is a drawing of my proper car, and id never give it up ...

1477_L.jpg

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I like the Type R a lot, big fan of it; was just a touch pricey at the time I bought my Clio plus it was extra for air con. Performance wise there was nothing between them anyway.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
God I hate the CTR. Shit styling, shit steering, and invariably driven by complete and utter cocks. I'd take the Clio or save the extra for a Golf GTI any day of the week. I love pissing CTR drivers off actually, by refusing to dissappear from their rear-view mirrors. They can't be that quick if a 9 year old Golf GTI can keep them honest tbh.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
They are quicker than your golf now though Boddington

:p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Bodhi said:
God I hate the CTR. Shit styling, shit steering, and invariably driven by complete and utter cocks. I'd take the Clio or save the extra for recovering your precious vehicle from a hedge because you drove it around like a bearded twat

? :D

Bodhi

Trem said:
They are quicker than your golf now though Boddington

:p

My golf is just as quick as it's always been, if not a bit faster. They're great these new lightweight front bumpers....

:D

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
God I hate the CTR. Shit styling, shit steering, and invariably driven by complete and utter cocks. I'd take the Clio or save the extra for a Golf GTI any day of the week. I love pissing CTR drivers off actually, by refusing to dissappear from their rear-view mirrors. They can't be that quick if a 9 year old Golf GTI can keep them honest tbh.

Hello, im a complete and utter cock. :twak: i spose everyone is entitled to their opinion ;) just don't tar everyone with the same brush. :)

Btw, driving so close that you dont disappear from their rear view mirror means one of three things, you're stalking them or you happen to live right next door ;) and if the moment arose - theres no guarantee you'd be able to brake if the car in front had to emergency stop...

I tried newer golfs but i think they are too heavy. I was gonna get the Audi A3 1.8 T but it was slightly out of my price range...Then i fell in love with the CTR.

Bodhi

Formash said:
Hello, im a complete and utter cock. :twak: i spose everyone is entitled to their opinion ;) just don't tar everyone with the same brush. :)

Btw, driving so close that you dont disappear from their rear view mirror means one of three things, you're stalking them or you happen to live right next door ;) and if the moment arose - theres no guarantee you'd be able to brake if the car in front had to emergency stop...

I think you misunderstood me, I meant whenever a CTR has tried to leave me in the dust it has failed quite spectacularly. They really aint that quick.

But I do have some CTR related news for you tho,

'The Civic Type-R has been selling well for a while now,' noted one industry observer. 'But this new chart position is something much more significant. It means the Honda has really become a complete nobber's favourite and that if you encounter a Type-R on the road you will probably notice that the driver is a total penis. Of course, driving like a cock isn't enough. This new ranking has been bolstered by other activities, in particular the hyper aggressive defence of the car on one-make internet discussion boards and a refusal to acknowledge that it isn't necessarily the best hot hatch in the entire world. Honda must be delighted. That really is the kind of utterly twatty behaviour you just can't buy.'

Sniff Petrol said so, it must be true!

Link

mank!

Part of the furniture
I like Type-R's but I don't know anything, I drive a ten year old 1.1 Clio. I also like Golf's.

My favourites are shiny things though.

mmmmm, shiny...

old.user4556

Bodhi said:
I think you misunderstood me, I meant whenever a CTR has tried to leave me in the dust it has failed quite spectacularly. They really aint that quick.

As much as I love you Bodhi, I beg to differ (watch until the end about 'faster than'), infact i'll beg to differ twice. :)

On paper, the Type-R is a 0-100 mph in 16.9 secs; that's only a second slower than your much loved Clio V6.

Whilst it's not the best car everrerere, it's a fucking good hatch and certainly can't be called slow.

Bodhi

I never said it was slow, I cartainly don't consider my Golf to be slow and a CTR is still faster, just not as much as everyone makes out.

Update on my Golf I've just taken it out for its first proper run since embedding it in a hedge and the news was mixed. It still steers stops and goes properly, however whilst Iwas out the Oil light start flashing at me and something started beeping. My car also now sounds like a diesel :( Dear lord what have I done....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Do not drive your car with an oil warning

Don't start it up, don't do anything. No oil = new engine, so be warned it only takes 5 minute to kill your engine dead.

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Catsby also recommends not driving your automobile with sugarwater instead of petrol.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
I never said it was slow, I cartainly don't consider my Golf to be slow and a CTR is still faster, just not as much as everyone makes out.

Update on my Golf I've just taken it out for its first proper run since embedding it in a hedge and the news was mixed. It still steers stops and goes properly, however whilst Iwas out the Oil light start flashing at me and something started beeping. My car also now sounds like a diesel :( Dear lord what have I done....

Maybe those penises will have a chance to pull away from you now, eh ? ;)

The majority of CTR drivers i see on the road aren't Chav's tho - they are more in my age range, who dont' want a Corsa, with a spoiler, or a Nova done up to the nine's with bling and a stereo that costs more than the car. :)

Having said that, i do agree i've also seen lots of people who drive the so called 'hot hatch' like a twat. Trouble is tho , those drivers are always the ones to get away with murder, literally.

Bodhi

Right the bodyshop the insurance company are using are coming tomorrow to take my poor car away. The total damage stands at

1 Busted headlight - not really the biggest problem
1 Thoroughly mashed bumper - should be easy enough to fit a new one
1 cracked oil sump - again not the biggest job
1 slight dented wing - dont care about this
1 slightly dented bonnet - ditto
1 dented bit of metal behind the bumper - all the bumper brackets look fine, so this should get covered up by the new bumper.

It'll probably need re-tracked as well, although like I said earlier it drives exactly like it did before the accident. My question is, will fixing the above come to much more than £1500, cos thats about the limit before the insurance company write it off, which I don't want them to do as it basically a sound Golf, just needs a couple of things mended thats all.

old.user4556

Depends on where you can get such work done, it's not always what requires doing, but how much the labour will skin you doing it.

Labour alone for that work is likely to be costly, unless you've got a mate. What you could do is get them to write the car off on a Category D (they might decide this anyway) which means they deam it uneconomical to repair, but still OK for you/dealer to repair as its still roadworthy.

This way, you could just get the bumper, sump and headlight done and fuck the rest of the bodywork.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Don't forget to include likely damage to the engine from when you drove it around with no oil in it.

Bodhi, get outside now and remove any nice bits from it. The radio, alloys, whatever. As soon as they write it off, all that stuff becomes theirs, and you won't be able to Ebay any of it. So get in there now and pull your stereo out!

xane

Fledgling Freddie
And syphon out the petrol, that will halve the value at least !

Bodhi

Tom said:
Don't forget to include likely damage to the engine from when you drove it around with no oil in it.

Bodhi, get outside now and remove any nice bits from it. The radio, alloys, whatever. As soon as they write it off, all that stuff becomes theirs, and you won't be able to Ebay any of it. So get in there now and pull your stereo out!

that's ok I managed to get the stereo out my old one when they wrote it off, and as there's only two decent alloys left, I doubt they're worth ebaying. I've had a word with the garage and got them to do essential work only, they're picking it up at some point today, so fingers crossed they'll quote me a nice low price for fixing it.

Bodhi

2800 quid to fix that lot!!!!!!

I'm still speechless......Guess I'm driving a banger for 6-12 months til I can afford something decent again. The old dear across from me might be selling a J-reg Citroen AX GTI, which might be worth a look. I know they're made out of tinfoil, but that also means they're rapid for the size engine in em....

Ah bollocks.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So they've written it off? What are they going to pay you for the car?

More importantly, could you then buy it off them and fix it yourself? The biggest part of that bill is labour, and tbh most of the jobs you could do yourself, even sourcing new panels and respraying.

Bodhi

Tom said:
So they've written it off? What are they going to pay you for the car?

More importantly, could you then buy it off them and fix it yourself? The biggest part of that bill is labour, and tbh most of the jobs you could do yourself, even sourcing new panels and respraying.

Not yet, but considering the car is worth 3 grand at a dealer, I'm assuming they'll write it off. Need to speak to the insurance engineer tomorrow, see if he can get the price down a bit by not doing some of the work.

Bodhi

Yeah it's written off. Never mind, with the cash settlement I'm getting a quick search on Auto Trader reveals I can get a better condition Golf GTi 16v than the one I wrote off. So I think I'll have me one of them.

Cheers for your help fellas....one last question. 106 GTi or Golf GTi? The 106 is newer and faster, but I do like me Golfs. Hmmmm.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Register at pistonheads and ask there, 50000 users +.....

old.user4556

106 GTi would be my choice, but it is very small inside.

old.user4556

"tinfoil" remarks towards French cars are lame :p.

Whilst it's not the best built car in the world, I don't imagine an old Golf would be made much better.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think you'd imagine wrong there tbh G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom