ooh just had a bit of a scare

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Whilst I respect your opinion, having read the thread it starts out with Toht accusing Ezteq of acting like a dick. After that it doesn't much improve so I'm afraid I disagree.

i was merely pointing out to you that there are several others posters who dont behave very respectfully themselves ( stones , glasshouses , etc) , and maybe it would create a better environment on FH if those posters also were reminded of how to behave.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
We have a great community in FHOT and no-one really kicks off, when it does its usually a certain person at the centre. Now im not sure who you are talking about or even if im included in there but as a regular poster (everyday) i never see anyone else clashing or getting too out of hand

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
i was merely pointing out to you that there are several others posters who dont behave very respectfully themselves ( stones , glasshouses , etc) , and maybe it would create a better environment on FH if those posters also were reminded of how to behave.
Maybe it would but you are basing your statement on the assumption that we do not already remind people to behave when they are being silly. Unfortunately your assumption is incorrect.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Sparx and ch3tan will be so happy, now they safely surf fh while not saying in every thread that they have him on ignore! :D

Would you be willing to put money on that?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
*places order for hazmat suit*

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
tbh there was others who deserve it more , toht atleast posted on the topic , where as a good amount of other posters seemed to have something against toht and make that their prime reason to post anything.....

You need to look at a bit of the history, it is rare to find a thread that has not been spoilt by Toht's special brand of insanity. Any discussion ends up as an argument as he attempts to impose his strange view on everyone. I could find at least 20 examples but I just can't be bothered.

Anyway, 7 days is a little harsh, the place wouldn't be the same without Toht really.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Any time moderation is used it is deemed "harsh". The last time there was a time out it was before Christmas and was ended early. If Toht wants this can end early as well, just requires a bit of effort on Toht's part.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
If this guy was a poster on FH, he would be making a thread about how he was out with his dogs and some random women aggressively confronted him and as he felt intimidated he left.

I'm not saying that is what actually happened but I do believe Toht had a point, even if he made it in a dickish way. I don't think EZ deserves praise for her actions or condemnation, just a scared individual reacting like scared individuals do. :fluffle:

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Wow...7 days! I didn't even get a ban when I posted a direct link to Goatse on here! Maybe Jup was having a good day.

*must remind myself to be nice to Mystic!*

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol tbh was having a bad day, very scared by those weird howling/yowling noises, it looked suspicious and I absolutely abhor any though of violence towards animals...so I went out and gave him a gobfull, and eyeballed him a bit

...from a distance, while wearing fluffy slipper boots and jimjam bottoms with little dogs on them.

If he was up to no good he got off lightly, if he was innocently hanging round acting suspiciously but not doing anything wrong (other than making his dogs bark like they had root ginger up their arses) I probably still would have gone out there and asked him to bugger off because it was really really annoying.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Wow...7 days! I didn't even get a ban when I posted a direct link to Goatse on here! Maybe Jup was having a good day.

*must remind myself to be nice to Mystic!*

No point being nice to mystic he can see through it and pinch

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
Maybe it would but you are basing your statement on the assumption that we do not already remind people to behave when they are being silly. Unfortunately your assumption is incorrect.

i based my assumption on the fact that you only named one publicly out of the many that were misbehaving.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
You need to look at a bit of the history, it is rare to find a thread that has not been spoilt by Toht's special brand of insanity. Any discussion ends up as an argument as he attempts to impose his strange view on everyone. I could find at least 20 examples but I just can't be bothered.

Anyway, 7 days is a little harsh, the place wouldn't be the same without Toht really.

i am user of this forum also , i know this history , and i can assure you that i dont share your view of said history.

to me it looks like there is a group of persons who have a problem tolerating dissenting views.

if those people cant deal with a post in any other way than telling someone they are a spaz or subtly hint that you would like them to stop posting on this forum maybe they should just refrain from posting or go get some fresh air , or both.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
i based my assumption on the fact that you only named one publicly out of the many that were misbehaving.
What you based your assumption on is frankly irrelevant as you are still wrong. Besides, that is the problem with making assumptions, they often turn out to be wrong.

Oh and I only posted what had happened to Toht publicly to avoid the need for threads of "omg what happened to Toht" appearing.

For what it is worth, maybe it would create a better environment on FH if perhaps people stopped trying to tell each other what to do?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
While I do think Toht probably went over the top in this thread I do also wonder if the same reaction would of occured if it had been a different 2 people who posted the first 2 comments.

It seems there's only 2 options here these days. Either you agree completely with the original posters view, which makes threads rather dull since there's no acual discussion, or you get told to repeatedly piss off and not post.

Maybe there should be a discalaimer on all threads that you're not looking for a discussion, but simply looking for an ego boost as lots of people agree with you?

Lets be clear, I think in this particular thread Toht was wrong. I think the following comments were probably far worse, but apparently completely acceptable because they were directed at Toht, not at Ezteq. I do really wonder how different this thread would have been had the names of the first 2 posters been swapped. Given Toht's recent smoking thread where a woman simply came up to him and started givnig him grief for no good reason his reaction to this incident is actually completely understandable, even if he expressed it in a crap way. I guess people were too busy jumping to the defence of the woman to notice that however.

I also find it amusing the number of people that assume that because he just left he was up to no good. If I was walking a dog (my imaginary one) and a woman came out of a house and started screaming at me, i'd probably just walk off as well. I'm not sure anyone here would be busy giving the guy credit if he had started screaming and swearing back at her. Instead he was quite polite and left according to the original post. Honestly how many people here would actually go over and give a full account of what they were doing in a polite manner to someone who simply appeared and started screaming at them?

I do think the world would be a better place if more people took an interest in what was going on, however there was probably a better way to handle it than walking outside and screaming at the bloke before you found out what he was doing. Having said that i've never been a woman in an isolated area trying to confront a bloke with 2 noisy dogs so.... I'd still think at least trying to discover what he was actually up to before screaming and swearing at him would have been a better approach tho. Maybe, "excuse me, what's going on here, is everything ok?" rather than, "oi, wtf you up to!!"

If he was wearing a tracksuit and baseball cap it would have been different, the correct approach would then have been to take him out from the upstairs window with a sniper rifle of course!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
If the guy was doing nothing wrong he would have either given an explanation or not left so hastily , also if somsone was making those kinda noises near my house if i lived in an isolated area id have been out with more than a stick :m00:

not necessarily.
Perhaps he was intimidated by the fact that some random woman out of no where is screaming what the fuck are you doing at him?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
While I do think Toht probably went over the top in this thread I do also wonder if the same reaction would of occured if it had been a different 2 people who posted the first 2 comments.

It seems there's only 2 options here these days. Either you agree completely with the original posters view, which makes threads rather dull since there's no acual discussion, or you get told to repeatedly piss off and not post.

<snip>

I've skimmed over the rest of the comment, because there's far too much text in it, but I want to say, that disagreeing isn't the problem. It's the way how. The way Toht handled his disagreement (or merely trying to propose a different view to the situation, I don't know) is completely wrong. He immediately started accusing Ez of acting like a dick, followed by the "poor you" sneering comment. That's absolutely uncalled for.

Disagreeing with people can be done quite politely. You don't immediately have to start namecalling, which appears to be toht's approach lately. He could simply have said something along the lines of "Well, don't know the situation ofcourse, as I didn't see what you saw, but wouldn't it be a possibility that he was simply playing with his dogs, without doing something shady?" and no-one would've objected to that comment. There's absolutely only 1 person who can change the built-up aggression against Toht, and that's Toht himself. He built his image by acting as he does, and it's only him that can change that image to something more positive.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol not to mention its pointless to be following me around, calling me names when it is well known know I am ignoring them and so can't see I am being attacked to defend myself...maybe that was why other people got so riled becasue they see it happening in almost every post I make?

anyway...Tris who you calling random...and woman??? lol btw hellooo man long time no see.

yes it probably put the wind up him a bit but I didn't hurt anyone and if you thought someone is upto no good outside your house (especially this house where we get drug users passing out and leaving their needles and stuff on our lawn) you might act a bit defensive too.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
All sounds very horrible Ez, hope you're feeling better now :)

Had something, about 6 months, happen to me... 3am, VERY loud scream from downstairs (flat below), I run out, girl covered in blood and running down the stairs. As I run to the door, it closes and I can hear a guy laughing. I phoned the police, 4 big guys turn up and even other people from the other apartments started coming out. Very scary stuff, more so having done a 12 hour shift and very very tired. Was made slightly better by the fact the coppers getting annoyed with the guy, stupid girl though... she came back and stuck with the guy, they constantly fought and I can't say I miss the 3-4am wakeups.

Nate

FH is my second home
not necessarily.
Perhaps he was intimidated by the fact that some random woman out of no where is screaming what the fuck are you doing at him?
Lets not forget this random woman who appears out of no where is ginger.

I don't talk to ginger people either. :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
the real question here is,

who the heck's gonna temp as the local devils advocate troll, now that they've taken toht away from us ?

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
the real question here is,

who the heck's gonna temp as the local devils advocate troll, now that they've taken toht away from us ?

Forum trolls are like Tribbles, another one will come along pretty soon :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom