Ooh im a bug abuser :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
GOA said:
We have investigated an incident of bug abuse and found your account to be involved. The specifics are:

Character: ThirdofFive
Date: 08/08/2004
Details of the offence: Texture bug abuse at Bledmeer Faste
Consequences for the account: Suspended for 3 days
So others dont repeat my terrible deed, I was stood on the beam above the door to the tower in bled. You can jump to it from the balcony's at either side. It's not an easy jump to do but it does not require lag or anything to get to, so I dont see why this is texture bug abuse, but seems it is.

I have appealed so we shall see. Anyway posted here so others are warned that this is apparently bug abuse :eek:

Oh well, can't help guild with ml3 pre-quests now. Will be playing in thid I guess on my bot account for the next 3 days.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
if it dont requires lag or something like that, i cant see why it should be bug abuse.. :m00:

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
You are not the only one with account suspended, Mehuge
I am not sure who did the report, but if it was the ******* scout or armsman which i will not say names ofc, they were fighting with people at WINDOWS, i have seen everyday at a keep take casters and archers attacking from windows, now if you fight in a window is a bug abuse xd ( thats new btw )

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
HerculesPluto, I could be hit (from outside the tower ofc, not through the wall from the inside tower, buts that's what you would expect - being a pbaoe'er i dont need line of sight if some n00b wants to stand in my pbaoe). I was not inside or 1/2 inside any texture or anything.

Nalistah, It does not require a lag jump to get there, simply a jump with a bit of a turn whilst in the air. No more difficult that standing on the wooden fencing on MG walls.

BaTDiE, :( perhaps they got a not in view message or something and goa have banned us on the basis of some screen shot (from the inside of the tower - which might look a little odd I suppose) without verifying via the logs where we were. You can get not in view messages in all sorts of situations, does not mean the opponent is bug abusing, you only have to be slightly off alignment and you can get it while they can continue to hit you. I dont know, guess its wait till tomorrow see if goa come up with a better explanation.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
I've done this several times never tough of it as bug abuse thanks for the warning, sounds abit rediculus tho to be honest.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Mehuge said:
It does not require a lag jump to get there, simply a jump with a bit of a turn whilst in the air.
Not even that; If it's the place I think you're referring to, you can get there by jumping down the tower and press against the wall as well.

Can't see why it's bug abuse though - you can be targetted easily (since you're standing out in the open) and be killed with ranged weaponry from the outside, or an enemy tank could just make the (easy) jump there himself and whack you to bits.

Silly ban, imo.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
?
I stood there loads of times
it's perfect place to get spread heals to everyone and also be able to normal heal just about anyone in courtyards/on walls
doesn't seem like abuse to me since it's totally simple to nuke/shoot you from the courtyard

:puke:

Gorrion

Fledgling Freddie
Mehuge said:
So others dont repeat my terrible deed, I was stood on the beam above the door to the tower in bled. You can jump to it from the balcony's at either side. It's not an easy jump to do but it does not require lag or anything to get to, so I dont see why this is texture bug abuse, but seems it is.

I have appealed so we shall see. Anyway posted here so others are warned that this is apparently bug abuse :eek:

Oh well, can't help guild with ml3 pre-quests now. Will be playing in thid I guess on my bot account for the next 3 days.

hmm if i had a say in this, the use of a bot account is a even more resonable reson for banning player's. i havent been in a keep fight a long long time, but in the past i have been standing there aswell, along with alot of other players.
when thinking of it . . . maby we should ban mythic and the goa noob's instead. /quit

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
y'all missing the point, see, GoA are complaing bout the big fat troll (no offense) "hiding" on a legde!!!!!!

Sn00k3

Fledgling Freddie
GentlemanSpy said:
The line has to be drawn somewhere.

abit off topic, but is this some dood that dont dare to show his real FH account?

9th of august seem kinda new for having the flaming skillz ^^

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Well if thats all there was to it MeHuge, its a bit of a joke. I've jumped on there many a time, and thought nothing of it. It doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever, its just a fun place to stand or jump on and off while waiting around to defend.

Totally absurd that GOA have given you a 3 day ban for this, especially when you consider the first wave of radar cheaters were only banned for 1 day.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Tootz said:
Well if thats all there was to it MeHuge, its a bit of a joke. I've jumped on there many a time, and thought nothing of it. It doesn't give you any advantage whatsoever, its just a fun place to stand or jump on and off while waiting around to defend.

Totally absurd that GOA have given you a 3 day ban for this, especially when you consider the first wave of radar cheaters were only banned for 1 day.
Mythic and not Goa banned the radar users for one day. Our policy on 3rd party program users is permaban with no warnings as has been clarified and discussed (and discussed, and discussed...) in other threads as well as the Friday News.

To clarify: Standing on the ledge at Bledmeer isn't an exploit. You can get there by legitimate in-game means and you can be targetted and damaged normally. The people who were suspended have had their suspensions revoked and an apology sent to them for the misunderstanding. We are committed to providing honest players a cheat-free environment to play in, however we are also prepared to admit to our mistakes when we are wrong.

Arawn

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Mythic and not Goa banned the radar users for one day. Our policy on 3rd party program users is permaban with no warnings as has been clarified and discussed (and discussed, and discussed...) in other threads as well as the Friday News.

To clarify: Standing on the ledge at Bledmeer isn't an exploit. You can get there by legitimate in-game means and you can be targetted and damaged normally. The people who were suspended have had their suspensions revoked and an apology sent to them for the misunderstanding. We are committed to providing honest players a cheat-free environment to play in, however we are also prepared to admit to our mistakes when we are wrong.

:worthy: And ppl say we dont have good GM's :worthy:

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Done this several times, just walk off the edge on top of the lord tower and press back, and you fall onto the ledge underneath. Then do the same to get on the ledge below. How can this be abuse?

Edit: Didn't read all posts before posting:-P

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Leel said:
Done this several times, just walk off the edge on top of the lord tower and press back, and you fall onto the ledge underneath. Then do the same to get on the ledge below. How can this be abuse?

read up!!

nol

Fledgling Freddie
should be a permanent ban imo, that'd teach you cheaters, oh yes it would.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
why didnt we have GMs like these back when daoc was good? :(

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Must say this is a day of joy! Thanks to Requiel for clearing up this misunderstanding, and letting my Mehuge back ingame :)

Peace and Love, from White Rose.

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
Mehuge Wubs Requiel :wij:

Thanks GOA for clearing this matter up and so quickly too.

And thanks to all for your kind words of support.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
very nice, good job :)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Requiel said:

:clap:

Quick and timely response, nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom