• >5 they can email me sometime this year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • moot - I would phone them regardless of location

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Quick question guys and gals. Say you email an online shop, or a shop that has an major online presence as well as a regular shop. How much time would you allow to pass before you would consider that email to be "over it's time limit"?

Myself, I consider any major online retailer worth their salt should respond to a decently worded email within a maximum of two working days. How about you? I am more forgiving of outfits I know to be small, or that I don't know at all, but major etailers I hold to pretty high standards and if they fail them I tend to start looking for a replacement shop. Am I too harsh?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If I went into a shop on the high street and asked a question, and was ignored, I wouldn't shop there again.

Online retailers should remember that.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I put 3-5 solely because that's when I'd getting really pissed. If a retailer took longer than 2 days I'd not get too angry but I'd seriously consider using them again.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I went emailing all sorts of random online/offline retailers asking for a release date for my new motherboard, lots of decent replies within acceptable timeframe. Good stuff.

Athena

Fledgling Freddie
I become irritated if my e-mails are not responded to within minutes! This is at work tho. Patience is a virtue etc.. whatever :rolleyes:

Because I don’t live in the UK I don’t have access to many of the UK high-street stores. Past experience – Tesco Online were pretty good.
Recently I mailed Dell – I didn’t receive a response. This occurred 3 times over the course of a month – bloody outrageous tbh. Dell your customer service sucks ass! Berlin Air and cisco – response in less than an hr.

Oh sorry! To answer the question – a maximum time scale of 3 days :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
1 working day: and since websites dont take weekends or holidays that means 24 hours. Sure if its a small operation I wont expect a reply over a weekend, but the rest have no excuse.

If they cant handle customer requests within that time they wont be getting my business.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Ideally 2 hours if they want a great reputation, preferably within 24 hours otherwise.

You won't gain any reputation as an online retailer if you ignore your customers for a few days just because it's email. You're more likely to remember a company that replies to you within an hour.

Chilly

Balls of steel
sadly dell have so many large corporate customers they dont give a shit about consumers and hence hire a bunch of indians with shit english skills to "provide the high level of customer service you have come to expect from Dell".

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Depends on the question, but generally I'd expect a response within one working day, that's a reasonable time line. Instant response usually means an auto-response (waste of time) or they have far too many CS staff (raising costs), or you got incredibly lucky, but at any rate its not a reasonable expectation; but then I do have a lot of experience in this area...

Embattle

FH is my second home
What I want and what I accept I'll get are entirely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom