OMG nerf this and OMG nerf that

B

Begach

Originally posted by pez
Bards have the luxury of an insta ae mez where as minstrels have to cast it.

Never gonna happen. Joke duration on the insta = pets out of mezz in no time dead dead dead. We have to cast mezz just like you mate if we intend it to stick for more than MAYBE 25-30 seconds on a pet and 10-15 seconds on a player......only we have no stealth to help get the drop ;)

Edit: just realised you wont have stealth either if you need a pet to kill one, unless one is right next to where you jumped the BD. Afaik you can't stealth and charm correct ?

The BD in question was AoE castable mezzed along with his pets on this occation.

Possibility is single insta the BD and try to AoE mezz the pets....i prefer to just AoE mezz since the pets will undoubtably be straight at you the second the mezz hits the BD.

B.

P

pez

Originally posted by Begach

Edit: just realised you wont have stealth either if you need a pet to kill one, unless one is right next to where you jumped the BD. Afaik you can't stealth and charm correct ?

B.

Its certainly possible to twist stealth and pet it just takes some good timing and fast fingers. An observant player may notice a mob wandering around in a vary strange way though

I

Iswind

I kill bds without pets on my thane.....

and thats only using my instas + polar rift (no shield style)

N

noaim

I take alot more dmg than i'd expect on an insta and he gets some life.

And this was where? BG1? BG3?

Try it again in real rvr when you got real resists.

B

Begach

Originally posted by noaim
And this was where? BG1? BG3?

Try it again in real rvr when you got real resists.

HW hmg 50 bard v's 50 BD real enough for you ?

and my body (lifedrain dmg type) is 40% solo with my body chant running. sound like "real resists" to you ?

B.

B

Begach

Originally posted by pez
Its certainly possible to twist stealth and pet it just takes some good timing and fast fingers. An observant player may notice a mob wandering around in a vary strange way though

Er how exactly do you twist stealth. It aint on a lag timer like a song. Won't this give a wierd player flashing effect ?

B.

P

pez

If you mis-time it it does, perfect timing and you stay invisible

B

Begach

Originally posted by pez
If you mis-time it it does, perfect timing and you stay invisible

Learn sommin every day. Will have to try that :)

B.

Y

Yoshiki[]

Pain Working is a necro specline you're probably thinking about facilitate painwork the 6 sec 100% concentration spell, that's useless with a abomination his 6spd sword forks it all over ig he is in melee, try playing a necro, not in bg's :p
lol.

D

doomspydy

Err

This does assume everyone is full specc Supp. As a prime Bone Army BD. RvR in the BG is fairly terminal as unlike PVE where your troops can hold off the mobs first thing that happens is they bypass the skellies and waste you, given the kleenex armour we have. So far the majority my experiences in BGs have been eating the dirt having been mezzed from miles away.

Furthermore me only 2 chars in DaoC are a 47 Zerk (nerf soon) and then 35 BD (Gorgorossa) another nerf in prospect....am i cursed...8))

S

soullessminion

Originally posted by deathvortex[]
Pain Working is a necro specline you're probably thinking about facilitate painwork the 6 sec 100% concentration spell, that's useless with a abomination his 6spd sword forks it all over ig he is in melee, try playing a necro, not in bg's :p
lol.

my necro was 41, but my apologys for miss nameing 1 spell after so lond since played it. It works anyway, ok with obomy you may only get 1 shot but boh hoo, you can still just spam your melle life drain. the skill works guess after you spammed it 20 times fooked it up each time you just cryed and took it off your bar and went wrote a nerf post.

K

kermy

Originally posted by soullessminion
my necro was 41, but my apologys for miss nameing 1 spell after so lond since played it. It works anyway, ok with obomy you may only get 1 shot but boh hoo, you can still just spam your melle life drain. the skill works guess after you spammed it 20 times fooked it up each time you just cryed and took it off your bar and went wrote a nerf post.

After trying to translate your post to proper english here coems some info.

As 41 you dont got the highest necro pet wich is the one that got the spd problem. The one you got is the best necro pet when it comes to using FP. I persoanlly used the Greater necroservant until 47 when it just got to low.

The highest necro pet just utterly sux because its so slow, only good when killing some lame as green con player(1 or 2 hits).

S

soullessminion

Originally posted by kermy
After trying to translate your post to proper english here coems some info.

Once more, someone on Bw's typical answer when they realy have no valid answer or reason, as to why a class needs a nerf (because it killed them 1v1) = Point out any flaws in anothers spelling or grammer.

Atm I am actually in adult education trying to do something about my flaws in spelling and gramer. But you sir are more than likely going to remain a total tit!!

T

The Kingpin

Nerf people whiening about people whineing.

N

noaim

HW hmg 50 bard v's 50 BD real enough for you ?

and my body (lifedrain dmg type) is 40% solo with my body chant running. sound like "real resists" to you ?

B.

Sounds real. However, I wouldnt say that BD´s are overpowered and base it on that they beat a bard in duel. Who contributes more to a group? A Bard or a BD? Bard ofc...does that make them overpowered?

B

Begach

Sounds real. However, I wouldnt say that BD´s are overpowered and base it on that they beat a bard in duel. Who contributes more to a group? A Bard or a BD? Bard ofc...does that make them overpowered?

Lol so you think a PET caster supposedly with all his utility in the pets, acting without the support of his pets (all mezzed) beating a hybrid in melee range with nothing more than 1 insta button isn't a little bit fooked up?

You gotta be jokin mate ;)

PS Who's talkin about grp's? An no, the bard better utility in groups doesn't make them overpowered, it makes em a grp support class lol ;)

Edit: btw with my spec who's a stronger group char is debatable anyway. ;)

B.

H

hiban

You are surprised a support class, who really are supposed to heal/buff/keeps song on others, got owned by a caster class?

in case u all didnt know, 1 PA or 1 ( like 99% of the times) or 2 bolts or a nearsight and then DoT is enough to take me out... it cant be that hard?

N

noaim

PS Who's talkin about grp's? An no, the bard better utility in groups doesn't make them overpowered, it makes em a grp support class lol ;)

Exactly, a grp supportclass, who lost in a duel to one of the absolutley hardest duelclasses ingame atm. Sounds right to me.

B

Begach

Exactly, a grp supportclass, who lost in a duel to one of the absolutley hardest duelclasses ingame atm. Sounds right to me.

Think you missed the point. I'm specced to solo and if you read the entire thread pointed this out. Most classes i can kill, sometimes with a tough fight, but it's doable. These i can't even kill without a his pets. Now you getting it? Maybe? If i play accuratly I do not expect to lose to 1 button.

B.

N

noaim

Think you missed the point. I'm specced to solo and if you read the entire thread pointed this out. Most classes i can kill, sometimes with a tough fight, but it's doable. These i can't even kill without a his pets. Now you getting it? Maybe? If i play accuratly I do not expect to lose to 1 button.

B.

Even if you specced for soloing, you shouldnt expect to beat the best dueller ingame (except against a few classes, cabalist being one of them, or classes that hit very hard).

You say you beat most other classes? Which ones do you not beat? Are those overpowered aswell? And if you were a hardhitting class, you would beat him when he has only lifetap to help him, but Bards aint a class that hits hard, I doubt you hit very hard even if you specced for soloing really.

B

Begach

Even if you specced for soloing, you shouldnt expect to beat the best dueller ingame (except against a few classes, cabalist being one of them, or classes that hit very hard).

You say you beat most other classes? Which ones do you not beat? Are those overpowered aswell? And if you were a hardhitting class, you would beat him when he has only lifetap to help him, but Bards aint a class that hits hard, I doubt you hit very hard even if you specced for soloing really.

Other classes that can take me solo don't JUST STAND THERE HITTING ONE BUTTON thats an insta on a 4 sec timer that i can do feckall about. They need to play correctly to win. If not there gonna loose i don't care what class they are. BD can play like a complete retard an still stand NO CHANCE of loosing.

OK. Lets take another view on this from another side. We now know (i do at least) BD are a waste of time to try to take solo and from what your sayin blow in groups too. Whats the point in even rolling one. Noone in thier right mind is gonna take you solo (not a second time at least), can't get grp's so what we basicly have is a PvE farmer that is definatly gonna get grp ganked (if i'm around anyway) every time he sets foot in RvR solo (as mythic intended it would seem).

The best "dueller ingame" as you put it will never be taken seriously due to the fact that whether the player behind the toon is a complete retard or great player, you can't lose. This very fact would prevent me from ever rolling one to RvR. People knowing that my toon pwns in RvR and the player behind it had feckall to do with it in any way, shape or form i'd consider a waste of my time.

B.

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by edoa
Actually ive seen healers kill alot of peeps the ones ive seen was able to heal himself while the guy was hitting him(crazy dex?)

MoC i would guess. :p

N

noaim

from what your sayin blow in groups too.

Where did I say that? I said Bards are better in groups. They offer give heals, speed, end regen, cc and powerregen. Just because BD aint better than that in group, it doesnt make them blow.

I would love to see 1fg of BD´s in rvr actually, thats alot of targets and alot of instas to interrupt people with.

But to judge em as overpowered cause you cant beat em with a bard...well sry but I find it a bit silly.

P

pez

I don't think they are that over-powered, i guess its just disapointing when you put alot of event in to winning a fight and the guy opposite can just tap one button to win. I'm not saying they all do but the majority seem to in one on ones.

B

Begach

Originally posted by pez
I don't think they are that over-powered, i guess its just disapointing when you put alot of event in to winning a fight and the guy opposite can just tap one button to win. I'm not saying they all do but the majority seem to in one on ones.

Dude being able to own all without any skill whatsoever is the very definition of overpowered.

Minstrels are considered overpowered to some. Then ppl see how badly the retards play em an think "ok maybe the class AND player are good". Same with friar, a complete fookwit playing the uber solo melee char will lose every time against a better player.

But how do you outplay a 4 second insta. Mythic where very carefull to make sure everyone else's insta's where either A) weak B) long reuse timer. Close to strongest insta DD delve (strongest being DD ONLY, ON A 15 SECOND TIMER and a few points more than BD) in the game with 80% of that delve heal with the shortest timer of ANY insta is bullshit. Put the insta on a 10 second timer AT LEAST an make em play the class they rolled is all i want.

Noaim: Doin my best to not sound like an asshole man but mid has no concept of what overpowered is (an i did note your char list, shame about the zerker but GL with the 2h savage ;) )

B.

N

noaim

Noaim: Doin my best to not sound like an asshole man but mid has no concept of what overpowered is (an i did note your char list, shame about the zerker but GL with the 2h savage ;) )

B.

BD coming up next ;)

And actually, I wanted to roll the savage instead of the zerk, but the permagroup I joined wanted me to do a zerk. And that was before I knew they were as good as they are :)

B

Begach

BD coming up next ;)

And actually, I wanted to roll the savage instead of the zerk, but the permagroup I joined wanted me to do a zerk. And that was before I knew they were as good as they are :)

LOL actually after all that pissing an moaning (from me) i was actually considering a BD cash farmer on camlann. So mythic if yer listening don't nerf em yet!

Show me der moneh :p

B.

A

acei

Who said to nerf the archer classes? lol they're quite powerful in BG 1vs1 but believe me at level 50 they're VERY weak, if a cleric can kill a hunter/ranger then quite frankly they need powering up :p

Note:
BD = overpowered
Chanter = overpowered

But.... necro is able to beat a BD easily does this mean they're overpowered?
But.... a infil is able to beat a chanter easily does this mean they're overpowered?

If a class can be beaten in 1 vs 1 then they aren't too far overpowered they're just a very strong class, just cause your particular class can't beat them doesn't mean other classes can't

B

Begach

Originally posted by acei
Blah..... snip

If a class can be beaten in 1 vs 1 then they aren't too far overpowered they're just a very strong class, just cause your particular class can't beat them doesn't mean other classes can't

Blah can't be arsed to say it again. Plz name the classes from hib/alb that can take a BD solo? Anything without CC gets owned off the healer pets an anything with gets owned off the lifedrain. An where/when did you see this 1 on 1 necro v's BD fight? In the water just down from atk bg1 doesn't count btw, we need a REAL example 50 vs 50 :p

Why don't we agree to dissagree. Because your NEVER gonna change my mind on the 4 sec insta lifedrain bein bullshit. Doubt you'll ever change your mind on you needing it. An so it goes on :)

B.

H

hiban

A mentalist should be able to... A cabalist can, and they dont got stun or mezz (?) Also, an animist with his 528 turrets can inflict shitloads of damage fast enough to bring me down. ofc not in open field tho, as noone would run into a field of aggro mushrooms. Also, a NS could take me down. Bolts from an eldritch can take me down. chanter with nuker pet. Debuff me, stun me and send pet to nuke... wont stand long enough for the stun to wear off, i promise u... Also, if a chanter came up from behind, send pet on my commander and then qc stunned me and pbaed, i wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell to survive. (ofc this takes both some timing and a small amount of luck, but its not impossible)

Users who are viewing this thread